WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 #14 *Guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My question answered in above tweet. Thanks

casesensitive said:
Leslie Rubin's last tweet says she has been promoted, and her last tweet will be tomorrow. Is there another media tweeter covering the trial?

Maybe someone with twitter here should ask her who is taking over for her??

I would but I don't "do" twitter.... :D

Leslie is live tweeting the Lunsford trial-back in December she was promoted at the TV station but she still reports as part of the local show "Fugitive Files." She has followed this case for years

D.C. said that she remembers the family taking a road trip to Vadis and disposing of the hamper with little Aliayah in it there.
That would be about 20 minutes or so away from their rented home in Bendale.

:tantrum: What a horrible memory for these precious girls to have had in their minds all this time. May their futures be bright and full of happiness.

So did she leave the hamper behind too or just the body?

Had to check in on this trial. Aliayah will always be one of my special angels.

[FONT=&amp]At one point, DC broke down crying during cross-examination with defense attorney Tom Dyer — specifically when he asked her to re-enact the events of September 23, 2011.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“To pretend I’m my mother hitting my baby sister with a wood slab on the head?” DC said through tears.

http://wajr.com/aliayah-lunsfords-sister-i-saw-the-strike-with-my-own-two-eyes/

Heartsick for these children who have to relive the murder through testifying. I wish they didn't have to go through this trial. LL is still the same [self-edit][/FONT]

Those girls what an awful memory to have to re-live. I can't even imagine!

This all happened right before baby Lisa. I hope some day Lisa's brothers can tell us what really happened in that house that night. jmo

I am not real familiar with this case and was wondering was this interview shortly after Aliayah went missing?

She had a weird record of what happened ...she "looked for her" but the neighbors didn't recall her asking them if they had seen her ...just a lot of stuff never added up...she was interviewed a few times if I remember correctly ...it's all there in the inks if you want to read back to the beginning..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tweets it is appreciated for those who can't be here during trial time.

[...]

The trial began with an opening statement from Prosecuting Attorney Christina Flanigan, who argued that on September 23, 2011, Lena Lunsford Conaway, 35, struck her three-year-old daughter, Aliayah, with a broken piece of a wooden bed board, after the child was crying.

Flanigan alleges that two of Lunsford Conaway‘s other daughters witnessed the strike, but were prevented from helping Aliayah.

One of the daughters, known as "DC," was nine years old at the time of the alleged incident. She testified Monday that Aliayah was struggling to get up, but her mother ordered the child to stay in a corner for hours. Later that night, the girls felt Aliayah’s head and said it was “squishy,” according to the daughter’s testimony.

The next morning, she said, Lunsford Conaway asked her two daughters to wake up Aliayah. After Aliayah showed no signs of responding, the girls went to retrieve their mother, who brought Aliayah’s body into the bathroom.

In her testimony, the now 15-year-old daughter said Lunsford-Conaway tried to resuscitate Aliayah. When that failed, she said, Lunsford-Conaway put Aliayah’s body and clothes in a hamper.

The daughter testified that Lunsford-Conaway took the hamper, and ordered her and her sister to get into the van. She alleged that they drove to a remote area in Vadis, where her mother got out of the car and took the hamper into the woods. When she returned, her daughter testified, Lunsford-Conaway urged the girls to promise to keep what happened as a secret and to pretend that they didn’t know where the girl was that morning.

That is—until October 2016, when Flanigan said the girls "couldn’t keep their mother’s secret any longer." Lunsford-Conaway was arrested in connection to Aliayah’s death the next month.

[...]

http://www.wdtv.com/content/news/Le...-delay-with-opening-statements-479887793.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missingjustice89
Back