WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 #14 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why would you take the other kids with you to dump a child's body?
That still makes no sense to me. She just created witnesses to her dumping the body as well.
If she had left them at home, I'm not sure she would have been charged.
I don't get it. Maybe she's just an idiot.

They witnessed more at home than they did while discarding the body. Lena had to bring the kids for fear they'd go to a neighbors for help and tell what happened if she left them alone.

They witnessed more at home than they did while discarding the body. Lena had to bring the kids for fear they'd go to a neighbors for help and tell what happened if she left them alone.

I guess, but then they could lead someone to the body.
I mean I guess they can't, but that would be my fear.

I guess, but then they could lead someone to the body.
I mean I guess they can't, but that would be my fear.

That would be a normal response, but Lena was (and still is) thinking like an addict. She wasn't thinking about anything but the right now. If she had any prior involvement with CPS she knew getting caught leaving them alone would have opened another investigation and in her mind her chances of preventing them from talking were better taking them.

I hope we have a verdict by the end of next week, at the latest.

Why would you take the other kids with you to dump a child's body?
That still makes no sense to me. She just created witnesses to her dumping the body as well.
If she had left them at home, I'm not sure she would have been charged.
I don't get it. Maybe she's just an idiot.

To scare them into submission.

If I had witnessed my mother kill & bury my sibling when I was a child, I would be too afraid to cross her.

God Bless the two sisters fo telling an adult about what they knew regarding Aliayah and having the courage to testify today. I hope they know how many people are proud of them.

Agree. Hopefully they are finally in a caring family and that love and support has given them the courage to tell and know they will be safe. Poor babies. What a sad start to life these poor souls had with this monstrous beast of a woman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The image of a distraught, young girl trying to help her critically wounded little sister by giving her Flintstone vitamins is so heart-breaking. :(

Isn’t it just. The fact that these two sweet little girls cared more for their baby sis than the wretch of a mother is heart wrenching. Imagine how sad and scared they would have been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have spent the last week reading every thread on Aliayah case and it is so sad what she endured as far as abuse. Thanks to all of you who have followed it from the beginning you are so faithful! It is hard to believe LL had been arrested so many times and barely served any time in jail or prison. Plus 8 or 9? kids and none in her care wth!

I am praying the jury will see that what the girls and the evidence tells is enough to convict LL for a very long time!

It is good to see family Vickie and Tina on WS supporting Aliayah also! Bravo for there dedication to there little niece!

all jmo

Monday, April 23rd:
*Trial continues (Day 6) (@ 9am ET) - WV - Aliayah Lunsford (3) (Sept. 24, 2011; not found) - Lena Marie Lunsford Conaway (34), "mom" indicted (3-6-17) on 4 counts: Murder of a child by parent by failure to provide necessities, which carries a life sentence; death of a child by parent by child abuse, which carries up to 40 years in prison; child abuse resulting in injury, which carries 1-5 years; and concealment of a dead body, which also carries 1-5 years. Pled not guilty. Jurors consist of 12 women, 2 men & 2 women alternates. No trial hearing on 4/30. Trial should last about 2 weeks.
4/19/18: Judge Jake Reger expects arguments from both sides in the case to wrap up by the end of the day Monday, 4/23.
4/20/18: If Conaway is convicted of the murder of the child by parent by failure to provide necessities, it's believed Flanigan will seek a separate trial on sentencing. The jury must decide whether it's life without parole or life with parole in 15 years if there's a conviction on this charge. The court also could decide to put the sentencing issue on the regular verdict form that will go back with jurors as they are asked to decide guilt or innocence.
4/20/18: The state has rested in the Lena Lunsford trial. Jury sent home for the day. Defense will present their case starting today.

:judge:

re last twitter - so the girls were NOT traumatized by their mother going out and burying their little sister???

https://twitter.com/LeslieRubinWCHS/status/988410222761988096
He said “he himself had purchased the child from the mother in Lewis County for a pound of badly cut heroin.” - McCarty testimony McCarty took the information he got from Mitchell and notified Lewis County official. Pretty sure he talked to the Sheriff.He never one time asked for anything in exchange,” McCarty said of Mitchell, who was under arrest for DUI.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back