WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I called the state police a lady called someone else while I was on the phone and said they are still taking volunteers to meet at the church pavillion at 8 am. So I will be heading up early in the morning.

I think that someone said the Sheriff lived across the street

I know the neighbor across the street never knew the baby was missing until the police showed up and he went over to find out what was going on. He has been searching since.

Speaking of infrared. How mountanous is this area? Would they be able to get choppers in for a search or have there been any used?

I called the state police a lady called someone else while I was on the phone and said they are still taking volunteers to meet at the church pavillion at 8 am. So I will be heading up early in the morning.

If you get a chance get some pics of the general area.

When I went to pick my daughter up there were still searchers at the armory. They were more organized in big groups with leaders (correction officers). There has not been as much traffic past our house except 4-wheelers going by to check out the pond scene. The river traffic has been more officials instead of individuals. They said they have to sign in and sign out now. The last time I got to go was Sunday and they just had you to sign in, not out and you searched wherever you wanted to. I think they know where they want to search and want the trained volunteers to do it rather than the untrained people.

The sheriff lives on the street behind their house, towards the end by the armory.

I know the neighbor across the street never knew the baby was missing until the police showed up and he went over to find out what was going on. He has been searching since.

Yes and he took off barefoot they had to remind him to get shoes on. He was a very nice guy.

Raining here hope it isnt in Weston.

God Bless you. Be careful!

:praying:

When I went to pick my daughter up there were still searchers at the armory. They were more organized in big groups with leaders (correction officers). There has not been as much traffic past our house except 4-wheelers going by to check out the pond scene. The river traffic has been more officials instead of individuals. They said they have to sign in and sign out now. The last time I got to go was Sunday and they just had you to sign in, not out and you searched wherever you wanted to. I think they know where they want to search and want the trained volunteers to do it rather than the untrained people.

Can you tell how many pumps they are using to drain the pond and any idea when they will have it done?

By the way just wanted to say thanks for your posting and what a valuable asset you are here!!

I really, really thought she would be found today. I want more than anything for her to be alive but I just don't think that's the case, and the longer she is out there the less evidence there will be. Please Lord, let this baby be found soon. :praying:

There's a landing pad for helicopters near the lake dam, at the hospital and when they need it, they have a portable one they use up by the high school. I have seen helicopters trimming the trees on the hills. Which may be the reason they don't seem to be using them, it would be hard to see through the trees and brush. I'll see if I have any pictures of the area on the computer. It's too dark now to take any.

Late in the afternoon yesterday is when they gave each group a professional to go with them. Then as each assignment was finished you were taken into the armory to be debriefed. I think late afternoon there were 11 search teams I was on team 10. Each group had 5 to 7 people in it. The state police are saying they are still in need of volunteers to mmet at the church pavillion at 8am as of 5 minutes ago. Is it raining there now? here it is raining pretty hard.

I believe they are using the pumper truck from one of the fire depts. One of the neighbors walked down there and said it looked like they were down only about 3 feet.

I think we need to give a big thank you to all the volunteers and that includes all those who have been cooking and giving food to the searchers.

What a great community!

If you get a chance get some pics of the general area.

Oh don't worry I will. Already stocked up on batteries and have binoculars packed also. My new cam takes good night pictures once I figured out how to LOL

:banghead:
:banghead::maddening::sick::silenced::(:confused::ohwow::sigh::noooo::gasp::hoppingmad::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

Amazing.. my neighbors near and far would have heard my screams and I definitely would have knocked on every local door or have sent the other 2 people able to do so in my house to knock and doors and look.. but that's just me. . Too each their own I guess... sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseCherami