WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way the driving around instead of going on foot to search would make sense is if she thought of a specific person who had taken the child and headed there. I can't make it work any other way.

Same here especially for two hours. I could see myself maybe doing a quick drive...somewhere, but three year olds are not going to get far on foot so it isn't like she would need to drive all over the place miles upon miles away. It just makes more sense to look around the neighborhood and neighboring areas mostly on foot.
Unless, like you said, she thought someone specific took her and drove to that person/location.

The only way the driving around instead of going on foot to search would make sense is if she thought of a specific person who had taken the child and headed there. I can't make it work any other way.

Exactly!! She was 3!! I could see if my dog got loose, then I'd drive around looking in my car but a 3 year old? Makes no sense!! I'd be looking in yards and in pools and at places she liked to play and at the nearest park etc... and u know when they say something sounds like it doesn't make sense it's usually NOT true!!
ETA: This would be AFTER I called everyone and anyone I knew to help search AND the authorities. All those people who say "well she had a record and wanted to stay under the radar" BS. This is my CHILD I'd go to the ends of the world and back even if it meant I might be looked at suspiciously.

just heard the previews for the upcoming news about the fbi being involved and their house is roped off as a crime scene.

No but she did go missing from a mobile home in the wee hours of the morning. Jessica, it was also said, was afraid of the dark and wouldn't have left on her own, or with a stranger. Not saying all facts are identical, but some are.

Actually this case reminds me of the Haleigh Cummings case.

the little girl across the road went missing at 3......her mum came screaming her name out of the house and ran to all us her neighbours to see if we had seen her and then went running down the street calling out her name...........all of us were then running round back yards calling out her name....none of us driving!!!! she was found round the corner at the local shops

the little girl across the road went missing at 3......her mum came screaming her name out of the house and ran to all us her neighbours to see if we had seen her and then went running down the street calling out her name...........all of us were then running round back yards calling out her name....none of us driving!!!! she was found round the corner at the local shops

TY!! This is a totally normal reaction!!!

Welcome MsDetective, pull up a chair and sit on the floor, let your feet hang down, the chaos starts in 3... 2... 1 .... :great:

The stunning thing to me is that the mom was at home and had been awake when the baby went missing. She had seen her hubby off to work...
Did she go back to sleep? My understanding was that she was awake...and went in around 9:00 to wake the baby up.
I cannot accept that a 3 year old could escape that small home while the mom was awake in there.

The link is from a local news org so it is okay revampz but reference to where you found the link is to be avoided if you follow

thanks guys....I know I should be up on the rules by now....

I just realised that if Aliayah is ok (and we are praying hard she is) then mum is going to have 5 under 4.....is that correct???

with 3 under 1.

that is just crazy and would be hard for even the most organized of women to deal with

would the police use the search dogs to try and follow the scent of SD or the mom along the same route that it tracked the baby on?

Still on the fence about Mom and SD.
About the 2 hour drive, may be hard to walk around when 8 mos preg with twins.
Running out of gas points to some kind of emotional stress.
Little girl missing shortly after SD leaves, give SD an alibi?
Neighbor across the street , may be not very friendly/social with. Besides this was pretty early in the morning.
Curious when she got ciggies if she mentioned anything to the sales clerk that her little girl was missing. This is a small community, folks know each other, and she probably got cigs many times at the same place. That part I can not wrap my head around. Did she say anything in the cig shop about missing Aliayah?
Did she mention anything to the person that gave her the gasoline?

Still on the fence about Mom and SD.
About the 2 hour drive, may be hard to walk around when 8 mos preg with twins.
Running out of gas points to some kind of emotional stress.
Little girl missing shortly after SD leaves, give SD an alibi?
Neighbor across the street , may be not very friendly/social with. Besides this was pretty early in the morning.
Curious when she got ciggies if she mentioned anything to the sales clerk that her little girl was missing. This is a small community, folks know each other, and she probably got cigs many times at the same place. That part I can not wrap my head around. Did she say anything in the cig shop about missing Aliayah?
Did she mention anything to the person that gave her the gasoline?
Can you imagine her telling anyone her 3yr old is missing and she is looking for her and they not calling 911?

they didn't say much. that some were questioning why the house wasn't declared a crime scene right away, that a nearby pond is being drained.

would the police use the search dogs to try and follow the scent of SD or the mom along the same route that it tracked the baby on?
I don't think they would for the first few days just so they did not confuse the dogs. But I am no expert on it.

It would be helpful in explaining mom's drive if we knew the following:

Was SD readily contactable via phone at his job or was that not an option? (would put to rest the debate of did she take off in the car to see if he had Aliayah with him for some inexplicable reason)

Did mom have a home phone or a cel phone with which to call someone else? (a relative or family friend she could have suspected had taken Aliayah, perhaps in effort to relieve mom from sick kid duty for a while or taken child to doctor - I know, its a reach, I am devils advocating here so please don't bite my head off)

Who, if anyone, had access to the house and would/could come and go at will without need to announce themself? (such as a gramma or auntie, close friend of family, etc)

Did the sibling who later was removed from the room (9 yr old) actually see a living, wakeful child or an appreantly sleeping one in the bed before leaving the room?

Was there a history of CPS complaints or concerns about this family unit? (may go toward explaining state of mind of mom and the decision to delay calling authorities for so very long - not condoning it that line of thought, just saying I can see a person who was not like myself and us, making very poor decisions based on different experiences)

Between the hours of 6:30 and 9:00 (reported window of time of disappearance) was mom back in bed sleeping after an up and down with sick child night or was she moving about the house? (I can see catching some shuteye when you can after that sort of night but find it hard to fathom the other small children in the household all behaving and letting mom sleep with no one needing a breakfast, a drink, a diaper change, something)

So many questions. So few answers and such baffling behaviors by mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster23