WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point....are we even sure they were actually living in this house? How can you have 5 kids and not one neighbor know there are kids in that house? Older ones would be in and out going to school....Aliayah is 3 and would be curious, probably peeking out the door and windows. Younger one would still cry sometimes. There would have to be sounds.

In a small town all the neighbors watch someone move in....did anyone see them then?

Mr McHenry's information may look different to us under cross-examination in a court of law. Just sayin'.

While I’m not defending (or accusing) the Lunsfords, I’d like to mention a few things. West Virginia is a rural state. The two largest cities are about 50,000 people and Lewis County is a couple of hours from the closest of those two cities (Charleston).

The terrain is not cell phone friendly. There are still large areas of the state where you cannot get cell phone coverage. I live smack dab in the middle between the two largest cities (Huntington and Charleston) and I cannot get cell phone coverage at my house. I’m 5 miles from WV’s largest mall and less than a mile from a major interstate.

Lewis County is in the heart of the mountains. Google Maps has an excellent aerial view of Bendale, WV. I’m not familiar with this area, but it looks extremely rural according to the map. My nearest neighbor is nearly a ¼ mile from my house and this area is far more populated than most of the state.

Now with that said, many of us don’t lock our doors. We leave keys in our cars. I don’t even know where my house keys are. I’m not even sure I have house keys. I raised a kid in this house. And I’ll not brook any nonsense about how I’m a bad parent because I don’t lock things up. If someone wends their way up here, a locked door is not going to deter them. And even if I locked the door, it wouldn’t have kept my son from getting out.

As for four missing teeth (no hillbilly jokes, please), there’s nothing particularly odd about that. Children lose teeth on a variety of timelines. The frowning pictures are a concern, but as the appearance of young children changes radically in short amounts of time, they may have chosen the most recent pictures they had in order to provide a more accurate likeness. And let’s face it – if that child has been abducted, she’s likely to be frowning, so such photos might be very helpful.

So, um, I’m new here. Howdy!

Connie aka Hillbilly Diva

:waitasec: what in the world could they have been looking for, Aliayah's clothing? Nothing else comes to mind..can anyone else think of other things they could have been looking for?
Anything that might have to do with her disappearance. Maybe drugs.

Mr McHenry's information may look different to us under cross-examination in a court of law. Just sayin'.

Wish we had more independent witnesses, but I wonder what if anything he heard the night before?

So many things are troubling about this situation but to me the biggest is that there only seems to be 4 pictures of this child in her entire 3 years of life, and those are pretty dated considering how fast kids change.
The little boy that was kidnapped a while ago was one of like 9 children and there were dozens of pictures shown. I have 5 kids and their lives were documented from the minute they were born up to this minute. What is wrong here?

:welcome: to WS HBDiva thanks for joining us.
FWIW the Stalnaker rumor has been proven to be false.

So many things are troubling about this situation but to me the biggest is that there only seems to be 4 pictures of this child in her entire 3 years of life, and those are pretty dated considering how fast kids change.
The little boy that was kidnapped a while ago was one of like 9 children and there were dozens of pictures shown. I have 5 kids and their lives were documented from the minute they were born up to this minute. What is wrong here?
You want to see something horrible go to the State of Michigan Missing People's website and see how many missing kids they have with no picture.

Welcome HBDiva! Look forward to your insights to the area and thoughts on this case.

I took a lot of antibiotics as a young child and as a result had such bad teeth I needed caps on them or I'd have lost a bunch. Antibiotics are hard on kids teeth,just so you know.

Don't I know it. My bub had horrible ear infections starting at 10 mos, and they continued relentlesly. Around 2 years we took him to the dentist and she put some type of sealent on his teeth (I'm sorry, I forget now what it is). It kept him from developing some of the problems that antiboitics cause. We also had to follow the rule, no bottle in the crib, no juices (if so, they had to be watered down considerably, NO sodas. We had to wipe his little teeth down with a washcloth after every feed :(

But I had a problem - my son was a huge bottle baby. I ended up giving him a binky and that didn't help either. While his teeth didn't decay, I only set him up for more problemos (he had to have a spacer later on).

We can only do what we think is best for our kids. I'm not perfect by any means. I would rather give him a binky then let him scream for hours on end.

MOO

Mel

welcome Ms Diva! I am so glad you are here!!!!! (and love your hat too!)

Is it possible...that this is a hoax? The family was following the Casey Anthony trial and maybe they thought they could get attention too if they had a missing child. Lena drove around for two hours, maybe that was to give Aliayah to someone to hide her? And the FBI keeps saying that they believe Aliayah is alive and there are very few scenarios where that's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24