WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Abusers have all kinds of psychological games they play on their victims. Isolation is a big sign that someone is being abused. If you don't talk to anyone, you can't tell them you are being hurt and gives the abuser more control. I have seen a lot of women stand by and let their children be hurt because they do not want to lose that man. Either their self-esteem is so low they think they can't make it on their own or he is more important to them than their own children. And then some of the women are participants and are just as bad as the men.
It could also be that they are handling her with kid gloves so to speak because of the old saying you can catch more flies with honey. If you act like you are nice and sympathetic, she might be more forthcoming with information. Push too much, she may clam up. The sheriff deals with these people daily and knows how to deal with them. I know of another case where the a young man was killed by the stepfather in a domestic battery situation. They will give the biological father no information about the investigation and he just happens to be a state trooper himself. Also, any twin pregnancy is considered high risk, especially when close to 30. There are all kinds of complications that can occur with pregnancy that can endanger the fetus and the mother. To be blunt, dead mom isn't going to be able to give any information.

MOO. Maybe the FBI is handling mom with kid gloves because they believe she is abused and getting an abused woman to turn in her abuser is tricky?!?

IMO, it's because they don't want Mom to clam up and/or lawyer up.

For vaginal birth as long as the babies are healthy and she has car seats, she should be sent home in 2-3 days.
For a normal c section they can keep you 3-4 days.

I for one, am wondering if those babies will be going home with her.....

I was sent home (or more so demanded being released!) within 24 hours of a natural birth, with my last ONE.

Abusers have all kinds of psychological games they play on their victims. Isolation is a big sign that someone is being abused. If you don't talk to anyone, you can't tell them you are being hurt and gives the abuser more control. I have seen a lot of women stand by and let their children be hurt because they do not want to lose that man. Either their self-esteem is so low they think they can't make it on their own or he is more important to them than their own children. And then some of the women are participants and are just as bad as the men.
It could also be that they are handling her with kid gloves so to speak because of the old saying you can catch more flies with honey. If you act like you are nice and sympathetic, she might be more forthcoming with information. Push too much, she may clam up. The sheriff deals with these people daily and knows how to deal with them. I know of another case where the a young man was killed by the stepfather in a domestic battery situation. They will give the biological father no information about the investigation and he just happens to be a state trooper himself. Also, any twin pregnancy is considered high risk, especially when close to 30. There are all kinds of complications that can occur with pregnancy that can endanger the fetus and the mother. To be blunt, dead mom isn't going to be able to give any information.

Thank you Wenc for being the voice of reason.

I was sent home (or more so demanded being released!) within 24 hours of a natural birth, with my last ONE.

LOL with my last singleton I was too.. my midwife nor I, care much for hospitals LOL

Somehow with charges of lying to LE, theft & forgery and at least one jail stint; I am not foreseeing she is shrinking violet that has been taken advantaged of. With charges like that I could see her using the kids to shoplift, pan-handle, ask strangers for gas even. I bet they have seen way too much for even an adult. I think we will find she is very similar to Casey in many ways, but I hope I am wrong.

I wish we knew the route that was reportedly taken on mom's drive so that I could map it and compare it to search areas.

Just saying. That drive really bothers me. As does the rather "here and there" search areas being focused on thus far.

This may have already been covered, but how do they know when A really disappeared? Did anyone even see her the night before? That little girl could have been missing for longer than just that morning. I mean, nobody ever saw those kids anyway, right? Maybe she was dumped somewhere the night before.....It just seems like the mom doesn't have a problem lying to police anyway, and small children aren't all that observant. Maybe she was hurt/killed earlier and they left her in the bed "sleeping".......I don't know, just speculating here.......

Same here- I went home less than 24 hours later actually of course I did deliver on Christmas day and no one wants you to be there. lol (it was also 18 years ago-oh my, it seems like yesterday)

Welcome to our WV folks- My roots are deep in WV, I just was the the first in the family not born there..

Reading Peebles post reminded me of when I was in the hospital about to give birth to my twin girls, the admitting nurse asked me "Ms. Cothran, have you had prior pregancies?" to which I answered "Yes". She then asked if that pregnancy was a "Singleton".....and I answered "No, he was a Cothran, too." I felt like such a dope!!!

This may have already been covered, but how do they know when A really disappeared? Did anyone even see her the night before? That little girl could have been missing for longer than just that morning. I mean, nobody ever saw those kids anyway, right? Maybe she was dumped somewhere the night before.....It just seems like the mom doesn't have a problem lying to police anyway, and small children aren't all that observant. Maybe she was hurt/killed earlier and they left her in the bed "sleeping".......I don't know, just speculating here.......

They apparently were at someones place Friday evening and baby A wasn't feeling well and "messed" her pants and they had to bring her home.

I wish we knew the route that was reportedly taken on mom's drive so that I could map it and compare it to search areas.

Just saying. That drive really bothers me. As does the rather "here and there" search areas being focused on thus far.

Me too - that 2 hour tour is really troubling. The searches have been fairly persistent along route 19 north which would include the pond draning last night. I have done a google run up the route 19 but didn't see any really interesting spots.

Wish it would be reported what cameras she was spotted on ..........

I agree pinkzebra, the timeline is dependent on who saw her when and in what state and on what time mom claims she was missing. I have followed too many cases lately where the timeline, unexplained drives and parents of missing children are involved. I cannot help but be suspicious. I wish we had more info so we could try to either substantiate or debunk the timeline. But we just have nothing more to go on at this moment.

Question for residents past and present in Weston:

I think I see a small dam on the river to the southwest of the Bendale community. Is that what I am seeing and has there been any searches upstream from there .... meaning behind the dam?

Where are these comments coming from that the parents were visiting or partying on Friday night? Thanks....... Have I missed an article in MSM on this? Thanks.

My sister and her friends just getting there to search this morning.
sis_edited.jpg

Came from the video here.
http://www.wchstv.com/newsroom/eyewitness/110929_6837.shtml

Me too - that 2 hour tour is really troubling. The searches have been fairly persistent along route 19 north which would include the pond draning last night. I have done a google run up the route 19 but didn't see any really interesting spots.

Wish it would be reported what cameras she was spotted on ..........

That campground search puzzles me. It seemed so arbitrary and distant if acting on the assumption that little A may have wandered off. Things that make you go hmmm, kwim? Think I may google walk around there a bit, get the lay of the land as it were.

My best guess is that she was taken/dropped off somewhere the night before. That just makes a lot more sense. Did anyone outside of the family see her after they left the party/friends house? Bet not. They need to search between the friends' house and their home maybe? And the mom driving around looking for her is bizarre, unless she had some idea who might have taken her....maybe they DID drop her off with someone else and THAT person took off with her because they felt sorry for her? I would have. MOO......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth