WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought, was talking to a friend of mine who is a state trooper. He said they should have made the house a crime scene right off the bat and got them out of then. Should have called for the dogs right away too. So, we all figured that out all by ourselves, just confirmed it. I wonder how much of FBI's problem is having to do damage control for what the locals screwed up in addition to trying to investigate. The way the original searching went with just go and look wherever you want to, a lot of evidence could have been compromised.

I sat across from 2 state troopers and ate last night. They were wore out. I asked them if they were gonna stay in the church till I got home. Took them a minute to get it and then the one said no worries be safe going home.

I haven't seen rumors here today...has there been?

IMO, this has been the most rumor-filled missing child case I've followed. All of them have had moments that drifted that way, but this one actually got all the way there, many times.

Just a thought, was talking to a friend of mine who is a state trooper. He said they should have made the house a crime scene right off the bat and got them out of then. Should have called for the dogs right away too. So, we all figured that out all by ourselves, just confirmed it. I wonder how much of FBI's problem is having to do damage control for what the locals screwed up in addition to trying to investigate. The way the original searching went with just go and look wherever you want to, a lot of evidence could have been compromised.

I'm not so sure about LE screwing up anything, at least not yet. I think it's premature to say that, especially since we really have very few facts to go on. It might be a fair judgment, but I think it's still just too early to go there.

Trooper also told me that Lewis County does not have any of their records on line. You have to go to the courthouse and dig through the records. But, other counties do. Braxton County may be a good place to poke around for those so inclined.

I was at the 7-11 in West Union today. It's half way between Parkersburg & Clarksburg on Rt. 50. There was a poster right on the counter about Aliayah. You couldn't check out without seeing it. Was so glad to see that there are posters in this area also!

There was an article in our local paper about it but they didn't show a picture of her. I took a picture of the article but it's on my phone.

O/T

All you locals be careful out there....

A man arrested on two felony charges escaped police custody.

BRAXTON COUNTY -- An individual has escaped police custody in Braxton County.
Jordan Dunlap was arrested on two felony charges and was in the custody of Webster County State Police.

He was last seen three to five miles south of Central Regional Jail on Route 15.

Dunlap is a white male, 6'1" tall and weighing in at 250 pounds.

Anyone with information is asked to call the State Police in Braxton County at (304) 765-2101.

http://www.wboy.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=109092

Trooper also told me that Lewis County does not have any of their records on line. You have to go to the courthouse and dig through the records. But, other counties do. Braxton County may be a good place to poke around for those so inclined.

Wow you mean they criminal records in Lewis Co arent on line for LE?

For what it is worth, I have noticed that there have only been an average of 30 people on the MJ trial thread here all week...compared to over 1000 during Casey's trial...so if WS is anything like the real world, the interest is not the same and NG should be able to make time for an actual missing child, but again, JMO...

HOW THEY SAVED DAD....................

THIS SHOULD GIVE US HOPE!

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/grandfather-survives-days-car-crash-14638920

O/T but not only did the kids find their Dad but there was another car in the same ravine that was linked to an 88 yr old man that had been missing for 2 weeks. He wasn't as lucky (remains haven't been positively identified).

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/sep/30/2nd-car-in-ca-ravine-belongs-to-missing-la-man/?ap

Sometimes the moderators are quicker than the eye of the posters. :)
lol that happened to me once! I hit submit then refreshed and bammm Kimster got me with her Ray Gun, I barely blinked :crazy:

Wow you mean they criminal records in Lewis Co arent on line for LE?
Not sure if he meant for LE or not, but probably. Maybe they have the newer records on line and just haven't scanned the old ones.

I cant believe how slow this is going. I can only attribute it to a small town jurisdiction with the FBI taking the reins. This poor baby girl IMO is gone and the clock is ticking before they have enough evidence to bring charges against someone.

I cant believe how slow this is going. I can only attribute it to a small town jurisdiction with the FBI taking the reins. This poor baby girl IMO is gone and the clock is ticking before they have enough evidence to bring charges against someone.

But it seems charges seldom come unless a body is found or someone confesses...I honestly hope this is not going to become one of those cases...just lingering on and on, suspicion but no proof and no sign of the child.

IMO, this has been the most rumor-filled missing child case I've followed. All of them have had moments that drifted that way, but this one actually got all the way there, many times.

I'm not so sure about LE screwing up anything, at least not yet. I think it's premature to say that, especially since we really have very few facts to go on. It might be a fair judgment, but I think it's still just too early to go there.

This case IMO does maybe have an above average local input, but from my perspective it is mostly posting on facts as they see or hear it, but also of course they will have opinions that creep in as any of us do that post. I have NOT seen any local posters crossing the line and welcome them!!! I do agree we DO NOT NEED OR WANT RUMORS JMO.

But it seems charges seldom come unless a body is found or someone confesses...I honestly hope this is not going to become one of those cases...just lingering on and on, suspicion but no proof and no sign of the child.
I just don't know. I have confidence that the FBI is there. I have no doubt they have a bug in the hotel room. If a crime was committed in that house they know. If there is evidence in the vehicle they know. IMO they are just waiting on results from the crime lab. In the mean time they continue to search for more clues and allow the community to search as well to keep the peace. I for one would be madder than a hornet if searching stopped without any answers. On the other hand, I would be just as mad to find out as a searcher they knew as I continued to search. I would be curious to find out from Oriah or Sarx or anyone if that has happened to them in past searches? All this is just speculation and how I feel. Hope I'm wrong

I just don't know. I have confidence that the FBI is there. I have no doubt they have a bug in the hotel room. If a crime was committed in that house they know. If there is evidence in the vehicle they know. IMO they are just waiting on results from the crime lab. In the mean time they continue to search for more clues and allow the community to search as well to keep the peace. I for one would be madder than a hornet if searching stopped without any answers. On the other hand, I would be just as mad to find out as a searcher they knew as I continued to search. I would be curious to find out from Oriah or Sarx or anyone if that has happened to them in past searches? All this is just speculation and how I feel. Hope I'm wrong

They may suspect foul play, but they still need to find her. Not sure what you mean as far as the searchers being mad if they found out LE knew...knew what? That something had happened to her?

Also, unfortunately a time may come when they can search no longer, without new information. We have all seen it often enough. I believe they are trying very hard to find her, but that doesn't mean it will happen. :(

This case IMO does maybe have an above average local input, but from my perspective it is mostly posting on facts as they see or hear it, but also of course they will have opinions that creep in as any of us do that post. I have NOT seen any local posters crossing the line and welcome them!!! I do agree we DO NOT NEED OR WANT RUMORS JMO.

Oh, I think the local input here on this forum, for the most part, has been great. And very helpful, as far as figuring out where things are and getting a feel for the town and the surrounding area. When I'm referring to rumors I mean things that have come up elsewhere or have been heard somewhere and then they get repeated so often that they start sounding like fact rather than the rumors they are. There's some of that in every case discussion, but I think there have been more rumors about this one that have been disproved. And that's just in one week.

I agree... We already have Haleigh, Kyron, Hailey, Joshua, and many more. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member