WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have an idea why no reward for information. I can't recall another case without a reward....missing child organizations...FBI.....donors someone usually makes the offer.

On the wvrja site, if there are no new admissions for the day (since midnight), the jail will not be listed on the daily incarcerations page. You have to go to the inmate search to search by name for the ones that are currently in jail. Nothing weird going on there.

http://www.wvdoc.com/wvdoc/OffenderSearch/tabid/117/Default.aspx You can search for current prison inmates and those on parole.

On the wvrja site, if there are no new admissions for the day (since midnight), the jail will not be listed on the daily incarcerations page. You have to go to the inmate search to search by name for the ones that are currently in jail. Nothing weird going on there.

http://www.wvdoc.com/wvdoc/OffenderSearch/tabid/117/Default.aspx You can search for current prison inmates and those on parole.

Thanks for clearing up that mystery!

Defense Attorney Tom Dyer has offered his services for free to anyone who comes forward with information on Aliayah's whereabouts. He said coming forward is in the best interest of a potential perpetrator.

"If you come in now, you are certainly going to be treated more favorably than if this thing continues to drag on and on," Dyer said.

Snipped: http://www.wboy.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=109093

So what you are saying is, if my parents had more money they wouldn't have backhanded me against the wall? If they had more money they would have cared about me more and sent me to better schools? And if I felt abused or neglected as a child, it's not their fault because it wasn't their intention because they didn't have the money.

I've been confused about a lot things in my life. I'm not the smartest, or the prettiest, I'm not rich, I'm just regular and in all honesty I don't have a lot to offer my 3 kids, but IMO

child abuse is a choice

love never involves cps threats

<modsnip>

I didn't mean to offend you. If that was the meaning you took from what I said, I didn't express myself well. Please accept my sincere apologies.

HBDiva

I think Le was just offering one scenario in saying that maybe someone took her for what they thought was her own good...not that they have any evidence of that having happened. They are still searching in a desperate way that leads me to think they really don't know anything much at all.

Hi Wenc!
Can you clarify if this is also referred to as the Central Jail, please?
http://www.wvrja.com/puboffsearch/offsearch.asp

If not, can you give us a link to Central, please?
Also, any other local jails that might have recently arrested detainees from that area.
I am confuzzled, lol!

Thank you ever so much for you help!! :)

That is for all the regional jails in West Virginia. Some cities still have a jail, I think, but they transfer to the regional jails to be booked. Not sure how it works exactly.

Hi Wenc!
Can you clarify if this is also referred to as the Central Jail, please?
http://www.wvrja.com/puboffsearch/offsearch.asp

If not, can you give us a link to Central, please?
Also, any other local jails that might have recently arrested detainees from that area.
I am confuzzled, lol!

Thank you ever so much for you help!! :)

http://centralregionaljail.info/

As inmates are added, the webpage will update. It appears that either no one has been added today. It is possible that the booking photos are manually added at this jail, so we may not see them until Monday.

Since the FBI is involved, would it be possible to take someone involved in this case to a federal facility instead? Or does anyone arrested have to go through the local system first?

Since the FBI is involved, would it be possible to take someone involved in this case to a federal facility instead? Or does anyone arrested have to go through the local system first?

In my opinion, any subject arrested in connection with this case will be in violation of state laws. So the central jail would be the facility used.

Well my guess is not only do they have a missing child to contend with but my guess is probably drugs and a high dealer. Did I read they moved the mother to an undisclosed location? Like from the hotel to another area not known to the press or us? Sounds to me like protective custody.

From the MSM re: Former inmate sues for sexual misconduct (Lena Lunsford)

She is being represented by Matthew J. Woelfel

I wonder if he's involved now in this case. Could this be the underlying reason why LE is so tight-lipped about baby A? Why LE won't release the 911 call without a subpeona (see upthread).

Are the two connected and this could actually be a revenge crime? Merely speculating, that what I do!!

Something funky is going on. Here it is a week later and we're no closer to finding out anything about this family, or baby A (heck, not even a recent picture).

No reward for finding her either.

Like many here, and most especially for the searchers, this is so frustrating.

MOO

Mel

Source: http://www.wvrecord.com/news/231497-former-inmate-sues-for-sexual-misconduct

The mom, both aunts and the grandmother have become totally silent. If they don't want to appear at a PC because they don't want to answer questions they at least could put out a statement pleading for baby A's return and thanking all the searchers and asking them to keep searching. MOO

I didn't mean to offend you. If that was the meaning you took from what I said, I didn't express myself well. Please accept my sincere apologies.

HBDiva

HBDiva you gave me much to think about here. Thank you. So many times I have seen overwhelmed mothers in my neighborhood and out in public. I think I will try approaching and offering support in non-invasive ways.... anyway you offered me much in the way of "food for thought".

I just spoke with Sheriff Gissy by telephone. When asked how I would go about getting a copy of the 911 call, his reply was "I'll answer a subpoena". When I stated that it was a matter of public record and available to the public, he replied "I'll answer to a subpoena".

That's what we are facing when trying to get information on this case...

I wonder if the attorney who publicized that he wanted this case to end, and for someone to come forward, would be interested in filing a subpoena?

Food for thought --

MOO

Mel

Sorry for responding so late, but it's been a roller coaster of emotions here. My wife attended the vigil. The family was NOT at this vigil, nor at the vigil Friday night at Lewis County Park.

My feelings about whether family members of a missing child/person should make public appearances/pleas during these situations has changed a lot over the years, especially recently. And that's because of the internet. It seems like every family is 'damned if they do, damned if they don't'. If they aren't front and center, they're talked about in a negative way. If they do put themselves in the forefront, they're talked about in a negative way. Their demeanor, their words, the way they look--all of it is dissected to the nth degree. Whatever they do or say, it isn't the 'right' way to act when one's family member is missing.

That was the case in the old days, too, to some extent. But it has really exploded with the internet. I don't blame any family one bit if they choose to lay low, and I don't blame LE if they suggest to the family that they do. The world is not as friendly a place for relatives of the missing as it used to be.

If someone were to tell me that this family was in the witness protection program...it certainly wouldn't surprise me at this point. :banghead: I simply do not understand all the secrecy here. I do not understand the lack of information and the censoring the media. Again I must ask WTH is really going on here?

I don't think it's censorship so much as 'don't even bother asking questions about x, y, or z because we're not going to answer those'.

I just spoke with Sheriff Gissy by telephone. When asked how I would go about getting a copy of the 911 call, his reply was "I'll answer a subpoena". When I stated that it was a matter of public record and available to the public, he replied "I'll answer to a subpoena".

That's what we are facing when trying to get information on this case...

Or perhaps there are too many curiosity-seekers wanting every tidbit they can get hounding LE and others involved in this search. I would guess that if this poster approached the sheriff wanting the 911 call, others have, too. I would say that if anybody really thinks they need to hear the 911 call right now, they should contact the media and ask them to pursue it.

Volunteers are out searching this morning. It was just a rumor they did not need searchers.

Terrific. Another rumor.

And this is not in response to any particular post here:

I don't know what happened to this child and I want to know as much as the next person. I guess all of these side issues and gossip are getting to me in this case even more than in other recent ones. Does any of it really help find a missing child? I'm frustrated.

I would guess that if this poster approached the sheriff wanting the 911 call, others have, too. I would say that if anybody really thinks they need to hear the 911 call right now, they contact the media and ask them to pursue it.
snip-snip-snip

You would seem to believe that public servants and public records should be public in name only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ml202