WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We should also keep in mind that Mom would need a lawyer whether she is the perp or if she simply has knowledge of a crime commited by someone else which she helped cover up.

Maybe she is about to squeal on her hubby or her mother. I guess we'll see.

I swear this story is false and it is lazy work by a reporter. She took it word for word from a post a lady made and then deleted it.

This story is not listed on the Charleston,WV News stations

Tom Smith sounds like John Doe to me.

I'll bet it is the same lawyer who offered his services but maybe they did some kind of legal stuff to be able to put an associate's name out there instead. I can see how Mom would not want everyone to know that it was the guy who begged someone to "turn themself in".
Dyer, Thomas G..

BBM

Not the same firm. Dyer is a Criminal Attorney

Dyer Law Offices
349 Washington Ave.
Clarksburg, WV 26302

No county official other then the Sheriff is going to be calling off the use of volunteers in a search. It would be done in an official press release.

Here is what I get for Tom Smith, not sure if this is her lawyer or not.

http://lawyers.justia.com/lawyer/thomas-smith-esq-928032

Thomas G Smith Attorney in Clarksburg, WV is a private company categorized under Lawyers and Attorneys. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of less than $500,000 and employs a staff of approximately 1 to 4. Companies like Thomas G Smith Attorney usually offer: Ip Attorneys, Attorneys At Law, Intellectual Property Solicitors, Marital Law and General Practice Lawyers.
http://www.manta.com/c/mtk4sjm/thomas-g-smith-attorney

The "Tom Smith" attorney you listed in Clarksburg is from Weston, graduated from Lewis County High School in 1979. (with me)

I could not find a Tom Smith in Charleston anywhere besides the jusitia.com site

This site showed no Tom Smith in Charleston..
http://www.attorneyhelp.org/attorney_directory1.html

We should also keep in mind that Mom would need a lawyer whether she is the perp or if she simply has knowledge of a crime commited by someone else which she helped cover up.

Maybe she is about to squeal on her hubby or her mother. I guess we'll see.

I agree, but why not pick the FREE lawyer?

I don't mean to be a pain but I have been searching for the name of the "free" lawyer and can't find it. Do you remember his name? thanks in advance.

Also the observance by Doc that this might not be true really worries me... I wonder how we can verify?

Anyone know if the attorney is criminal defense or family law ?

Looks like a criminal attorney.

Smith Thomas W Attorney
Not Rated
Specializing in Criminal Law
2008 Quarrier St, Charleston, WV 25311
(304) 343-1900

I just hope he isn't another lawyer taking this on to make a name for himself *cough* JB

I'm waiting for more confirmation on the attorney news.

The two main reasons that chilren are removed by CPS. One is abuse or neglect. The other main reason is when the parent is unable to care for the children and no other suitable family member is willing or able to care for them.

Thomas W. Smith, Esq. in Charleston, WV used to be in the State Atty General's office, and apparently now bats for the other team in private practice. I found this article about him-- seems like he might be good for a diminished capacity defense (thinking ahead). Weird thing about this article is that everyone seems to be named Smith.
http://putnamlive.net/site/SmithRuledIncompetentToStandTrial.html

Free one: Tom Dyer

Hired: Tom Smith

Each have a different address.

If I were the mother I would have hired an attorney, too, although I doubt she hired him. I think he volunteered, for whatever reason (although I think I know the reason).
Anyway, if it's true the kids have been taken away and she knows that many people, and maybe LE, think she is involved. I would have an attorney in that situation, too.
I do think she is probably making herself look guilty with her silence but she has legal reasons to protect herself.

Maybe because he's a criminal lawyer and she just wants someone to help her get her kids back, a family lawyer??? BTW most lawyers would list themselves under their formal name, Thomas, rather than Tom...IMO.

I guess this is in addition to her attorney handling the lawsuit...:waitasec:...where does one get the money to hire not one but two attorneys?

willing to bet the lawyer handling the pending suit against DOC is doing so on a contingency basis, which means he only gets paid if he wins, usually it is around a third of the total amount awarded.

I don't know where the money will come from to pay this new attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member