WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody but me find it interesting that the children were removed from the home at 9PM??
Seems like an awfully strange time to be rousting out little ones - IMHO

Someone who already has a relationship with the lawyer and trusts him? Doesn't trust the police?

5 NEWS Update: 10/3 12:20 p.m.

West Virginia Metro News is reporting that the Department of Health and Human Resources removed children from the Lunsford residence on Friday. No reason for that removal has been given at this time & that Aliayah's mother, Lena, has hired an attorney.

http://www.wdtv.com/index.php/home/...inues-investigators-qnot-ruling-out-anythingq

Don't know if it has been posted yet, but :maddening: Did she have the twins yet?

Uh oh!

The disappearance of Aliayah Lunsford, 3, has officially been declared a crime by the FBI. They said during a press conference Monday afternoon that they had a "small universe" of persons of interest, but will not go as far as labeling another a full blown suspect.

"Right now, we're looking into not a walkaway anymore, we're looking into a crime," explains FBI Special Agent Jeff Killeen.

The volunteer search has also been called off, says Killeen.

So... what do we know that are facts in this case?

So someone went to the lawyer, but wouldn't give the same information straight to the police? I'm sorry, pardon my french, but wtf?

I can't think of a good reason why someone would go to a lawyer and not directly to the police unless they were involved in some way. :waitasec:

I took it to mean that this is information that the police are working with, what they are holding back. Wouldn't be surprised if his reliable source was someone with LE.

I think it is kind of strange that she was supposedly due any time and yet she still hasn't had the twins 10 days later. And twins are traditionally early.

Oh I see, the children were removed, thanks. Maybe they are sharing important tidits of info.

Well I reckon she is really pregnant??

Anybody but me find it interesting that the children were removed from the home at 9PM??
Seems like an awfully strange time to be rousting out little ones - IMHO

They may have been interviewing the children all day, that is the day that the parents and kids returned home isn't it?

http://www.dailymail.com/News/201110032620
Killeen said a 3-year-old could have made it only a short distance from her home on her own.

Officials have suspended the search of the river and the surrounding hills and streams, Killeen said. Volunteers are no longer needed, and the temporary search headquarters at the Weston Armory has been disbanded, he said.

"All of the authorities involved in the search have gone back to their offices to continue work from there," he said.

So... what do we know that are facts in this case?

1) Baby A is missing
2) 4 children removed from home
3) Home was searched
4) FBI involved
5) Mom on fuel station video morning of Baby As disappearance
6) Baby A reported missing about 1130a by her mother

anyone else ?

I don't know if we know for sure about the children being taken, or if it just has been reported and re-reported. The coverage is so poor in this case, everyone just seems to reprint what others have printed and there are never any sources...or vague ones.

I hope LE has better information than we have had in this case. I just hope and pray little Aliayah is still alive. I know the chances are slim but I still have hope.

http://wboy.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=109288

State vs Federal charges - other than moving a kidnap victim across state lines, I don't know of any other Federal charges that could be applied. Actually I am not even sure about what I just typed.

What other instances would Federal charges apply? Would concealment be a Federal offense for instance?
Don't know about concealment, per se, but as for kidnapping, the Adam Walsh Act expanded federal jurisdiction over kidnapping to effectively include intrastate kidnapping.

Kidnapping. The Act expands federal jurisdiction to reach any kidnapping in which the defendant crossed state lines or used an instrumentality of interstate commerce during the commission or in furtherance of the crime, even if the kidnapping itself is accomplished wholly intrastate. See 18 U.S.C. § 1201(a)(1). This provision will likely be applied to cases where the defendant used the Internet or made a telephone call during the course of the kidnapping, thereby effectively federalizing virtually all kidnapping
offenses. See, e.g., United States v. Giordano, 442 F.3d 30, 39 (2nd
Cir. 2006) (telephone, even when used on wholly intrastate basis, constitutes instrumentality of interstate commerce under 18 U.S.C. §
2425); United States v. MacEwan, 445 F.3d 237, 245 (3rd Cir. 2006) (Internet is an instrumentality of interstate commerce for purposes of 18 U.S.C. § 2252A(a)(2)(B) regardless of whether images were
transmitted across state lines).

The act also creates the crime of Child Exploitation Enterprise, explained at the link. I'm not in any way implying that's the case here, but it's an example of a federal charges that could apply.

http://www.fd.org/pdf_lib/adam walsh memopt 1.pdf

Without knowing any of the facts, I don't want to speculate on the possibilities or give any thought to them at all. All I can do is pray for this little one. :( :praying:

Here's an unlikely theory. Please understand that I am putting this theory forth not because any evidence indicates this is probable, but because I cannot stand the idea of another beautiful innocent life taken. I just need to believe this could end with Aliayah's "safe" return.

There have been cases where parents have conspired with relatives and/or friends to hide/conceal a child and have some complicated scheme whereby (this is the idea anyway) information leading to the whereabouts of the child would be brought forth, sometimes through a lawyer, and then some substantial reward will be collected and later shared.

I am thinking of the case of Shannon Matthews, who was drugged, concealed and held for 24 days by the uncle of her mother's boyfriend (seriously, truth is so much more twisted than any fiction). The promise of a reward was the entire motivation behind this kidnapping.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/shannon-matthews-kidnap

I am not saying I believe this is what has happened to Aliayah, but I have to believe a lesser evil is even a remote possibility.

Here's an unlikely theory. Please understand that I am putting this theory forth not because any evidence indicates this is probable, but because I cannot stand the idea of another beautiful innocent life taken. I just need to believe this could end with Aliayah's "safe" return.

There have been cases where parents have conspired with relatives and/or friends to hide/conceal a child and have some complicated scheme whereby (this is the idea anyway) information leading to the whereabouts of the child would be brought forth, sometimes through a lawyer, and then some substantial reward will be collected and later shared.

I am thinking of the case of Shannon Matthews, who was drugged, concealed and held for 24 days by the uncle of her mother's boyfriend (seriously, truth is so much more twisted than any fiction). The promise of a reward was the entire motivation behind this kidnapping.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/shannon-matthews-kidnap

I am not saying I believe this is what has happened to Aliayah, but I have to believe a lesser evil is even a remote possibility.

Ya know, I may just be overtired but, I don't see this as such a far fetched theory. We have seen alot of sickening instances in the recent past of victims' families making out pretty well financially. For those of a mind to make a buck the "easy" way.... well these sickos commit crimes for less everyday. Most of us would never even think to use our children for profit or gain in ANY way. The things I have seen over the recent years that parents do to their own children....... my my my.....

Just want to make it clear I am not saying any of this is true of this family, just that I see the possibility of such.

Is there any confirmation as to when Aliayah was seen outside of the home? I mean, has anyone come forward on the record as having seen Aliayah recently aside from Lena, her mom, and her kids?

(I know Aliayah was supposedly at friend's house the night before she was reported missing, but I don't think those friends have been identified, come forth, or been confirmed as existing by LE.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3