WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes me so sad. Im on here everyday checking on Aliayah. I wish there was something to sleuth , at least I could feel like I was doing something productive. I am praying for answers soon. i have faith in the FBI. I hope its not misplaced faith. Prayers for Aliayah

I check everyday too. Rarely post. So very sad.

So if someone searches and finds her they will prosecute them?

This has to be the stupidest statement from LE I have heard. almost any LE

I think it is more to prevent someone from going into an area and moving her body to a different location to trip up investigators, kwim? I think that was suspected in the krista dettmeier (?) case, and they may be trying to avoid that-especially since the search area is so large.

For those convictions his victim was a family member 13-17 years old. He is out of prison after serving a 17.5 year sentence and Weston is approximately 30 miles from Auburn according to google maps.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I do not think he is involved. I'm looking closer to home. ;)

i'm thinking along the same lines as you. also - i'm a firm believer that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...

Good Morning,

I am checking to see if there are any updates on Aliayah, and will have to play "catch up" later ... but I wanted to post this:

Last night, as I was leaving Wal Mart, I noticed a wall that had an area with "Missing Persons Posters" ... and the first one I recognized was one for Aliayah ... so I told my sister as soon as I can, I will check here at WS to see if Aliayah had found and for updates -- hoping for some good news !

The poster I saw of Aliayah was from the Center for Missing and Exploited Children ... there were other missing persons up but I did not recognize any of the photos or names. I was happy to see that WM had a section that was dedicated to missing persons ...

This is so heartbreaking !

Prayers for Aliayah and I hope she is found SOON !

Just a thought on the no recent picture thing. I was reading another blog and someone pointed out something I had not thought of - Last picture of Aliayah was in December 2010. Baby boy was born in January 2011.

Makes me wonder if there are any recent pictures of the other children, especially the stepchildren of RL. If one of the other children were missing instead, could they produce a more recent picture of them? Usually pictures are taken with the other siblings, but maybe not in this case or maybe they did not show Aliayah's face enough to use for this purpose.

Maybe this baby was more special to them because he was a boy and all their focus was on him. It was the only one I could find a birth announcement for. I could not find an announcement for any of the others, including RL's supposed other children with LL (which just happen to be girls).

Wenc I think I saw an announcement for the five year old? Have to go back and look.

I agree with your thought that the last baby born, being a boy, maybe even RL's first son may be important to the family. Good point, are there more pics of him? One thing I noticed about the fb page of the minors. Usually there are a ton of photo's on tween pages, not in their case. Maybe this family just doesn't take pictures? Lot's of upheaval in their lives, so I can easily see this being the case.

ETA- I can't find a birth announcement, so Wenc you are correct.

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/Search_Continues_for_Missing_3-year-old_WVa_Girl__130568983.html

The taskforce says it has narrowed its timeline significantly and it has obtained a lot of video evidence from home and government security cameras. The FBI is asking anyone else with potential video that would help the case to come forward

I wonder what "home" security videos they are talking about? Neighbors?

I wonder if they went through a lot of that footage seeing that Aliayah was in none of them, when her mother was.

I wonder if they went through a lot of that footage seeing that Aliayah was in none of them, when her mother was.

Or someone else that they think is involved coming and going in the neighborhood at an earlier time.

Wenc I think I saw an announcement for the five year old? Have to go back and look.

I agree with your thought that the last baby born, being a boy, maybe even RL's first son may be important to the family. Good point, are there more pics of him? One thing I noticed about the fb page of the minors. Usually there are a ton of photo's on tween pages, not in their case. Maybe this family just doesn't take pictures? Lot's of upheaval in their lives, so I can easily see this being the case.

ETA- I can't find a birth announcement, so Wenc you are correct.

what I don't understand is that in the one birth announcement we did find, RL's name is not mentioned at all. If the announcement was printed because of the pride of the 1st born son, why is the name of the father never mentioned? The only names mentioned are Lena and her mother.
So what was so special about this child that he got announced but no others did. (not that every child isn't special...you know what I mean)
Could Lena and her mom wanted a certain someone to specifically know about this child?

For those convictions his victim was a family member 13-17 years old. He is out of prison after serving a 17.5 year sentence and Weston is approximately 30 miles from Auburn according to google maps.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I do not think he is involved. I'm looking closer to home. ;)

30 miles is not very far, it takes about 30 minutes to drive. In many parts of the country people drive that far just to do their grocery shopping.

Or someone else that they think is involved coming and going in the neighborhood at an earlier time.

I agree wenc, they are probably looking at people coming and going in the neighborhood.

Good Morning,

I am checking to see if there are any updates on Aliayah, and will have to play "catch up" later ... but I wanted to post this:

Last night, as I was leaving Wal Mart, I noticed a wall that had an area with "Missing Persons Posters" ... and the first one I recognized was one for Aliayah ... so I told my sister as soon as I can, I will check here at WS to see if Aliayah had found and for updates -- hoping for some good news !

The poster I saw of Aliayah was from the Center for Missing and Exploited Children ... there were other missing persons up but I did not recognize any of the photos or names. I was happy to see that WM had a section that was dedicated to missing persons ...

This is so heartbreaking !

Prayers for Aliayah and I hope she is found SOON !

thanks for the post, glad to know you saw Aliayahs MP poster all the way in NO. All Walmarts have an area for missing children. (I wish they would add local missing adults too.......) If I am not in a hurry, I always take a few minutes to look at all of the NCMEC MP posters in the entrance area of Walmart. Of course, I have never recognized any...... at least as far as having seen them.

Only once did I see someone at a local business who I thought strongly resembled a runaway listed on NCMEC within about 30 minutes from the business. After seeing this employee several times and comparing features I was able to conclusively rule him out as the runaway.

I do always keep my eyes open, and once actually followed a young woman out of 7-11 who I thought resembled Anna Waters so strongly, she looked like she could be her daughter. After chatting with her a few minutes I was able to determine she was not.... the girl was very kind and did not mind chatting with me in the least.

back to Aliayah, sorry for the OT......

Just a thought on the no recent picture thing. I was reading another blog and someone pointed out something I had not thought of - Last picture of Aliayah was in December 2010. Baby boy was born in January 2011.

Makes me wonder if there are any recent pictures of the other children, especially the stepchildren of RL. If one of the other children were missing instead, could they produce a more recent picture of them? Usually pictures are taken with the other siblings, but maybe not in this case or maybe they did not show Aliayah's face enough to use for this purpose.

Maybe this baby was more special to them because he was a boy and all their focus was on him. It was the only one I could find a birth announcement for. I could not find an announcement for any of the others, including RL's supposed other children with LL (which just happen to be girls).

IIRC from that birth announcement, the youngest child is LL's second male child. I see and understand your point, Wenc, but what still stands out to me is why no pictures of the siblings with their new baby bro? Think about how many photo's we see of even 3 yr olds holding a new baby brother or sister with an adult close by. This lack of recent photo's thing from anyone, within the family or not, is very very odd. Leads me to wonder if perhaps little Aliayah was in fact abused and they didn't want to document any of that by way of photo's.

jmo

Good point, perhaps they are reviewing lots of survellience to get a better idea of exactly when little Aliayah disappeared. Especially if they have survellience of the family prior to the date Aliayah was reported missing. hmmmm.....

jmo

what I don't understand is that in the one birth announcement we did find, RL's name is not mentioned at all. If the announcement was printed because of the pride of the 1st born son, why is the name of the father never mentioned? The only names mentioned are Lena and her mother.
So what was so special about this child that he got announced but no others did. (not that every child isn't special...you know what I mean)
Could Lena and her mom wanted a certain someone to specifically know about this child?

Just because nobody has found birth announcements online for other children doesn't mean there weren't any. Besides, there are all kinds of reasons why there aren't birth announcements for all the children in any family. Not all the births in my family had announcements in the paper, and it's not because their births were any less important.

Welcome guests! Please consider joining us and joining in on the discussion and search for little Aliayah. We're a fantastic group here and would love for you to join us!

I am writing today to say to Aliayah: Even though you are not my baby, I still Love You. You are such a beautiful and sweet little girl. I hope that wherever you are, that you feel safe and loved. I think about you everyday. How I wish I could hold you in my arms, hug you really tight and cover you in kisses. I will never forget you and I hope with all my heart that you are found.

30 miles is not very far, it takes about 30 minutes to drive. In many parts of the country people drive that far just to do their grocery shopping.

That's how far we have to drive to get to the closest shopping mall.

I've had a bad feeling about this case because Aliayah is one of the few children in the house that don't belong to both LL and RL and I worry that she was singled out. I think we've all seen cases where one child is treated differently from the others, usually by a stepparent.

I've been hoping that this is actually a case where LL or someone else passed Aliayah onto another family member or friend to 'save' her from her current situation.

Obviously this is all only my opinion, and my hopes are for the best, but I've had this nagging bad feeling about this one from the get go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhokilledBettie?