WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she was using the money for drugs, wouldn't those charges be included in the document from the courts that was posted earlier?

Probably not. I would think it would if she traded it directly for drugs instead of money it would, but the buying of drugs would be a separate charge and they would have to prove that is what she intended to use the money for.
My ex was convicted for forgery and uttering. His girlfriend cleaned houses for people, stole their checks, then they would fill them out and cash them to buy drugs, but it was not considered a drug-related charge. He got arrested at the bank when he tried to cash one of them and was never charged with anything related to drugs.

If even half of the rumors I'm hearing are true concerning previous CPS involvement with this family, there needs to be an investigation into CPS's handling of this case. Maybe that is why FBI is involved and they are so tight-lipped.

If even half of the rumors I'm hearing are true concerning previous CPS involvement with this family, there needs to be an investigation into CPS's handling of this case. Maybe that is why FBI is involved and they are so tight-lipped.

Last year CPS could become involved because a child was "at risk". Children could be removed and parental rights terminated when the parents did not succeed in completing what DHHR required. IF the parents did do what DHHR wanted, whether a petition in circuit was filed or not, then they got their children back.

Now they investigate when there are "signs" of abuse (not suspected abuse).

I have been through this regarding my grandson and can tell you that even with previous substantiated abuse where a petition was filed new allegations are not heeded even when it is on video.

Maybe Aliayah's Law should be more about protecting those children who have already been in the system.

Has it been reported anywhere that LE has asked the family not to speak to the media? I'm seeing people claiming to be related posting all over the internet but nothing in the media at all.

The benefits LL received for the children are gone but she would still qualify for herself. If she were convicted of a felony she would not qualify for HUD, but for food stamps I think she has to be convicted of selling her food stamps for drugs - not just selling them.

There are questions at the end of the application for benefits wanting to know if you or anyone in your household is: on probation or has ever been convicted of selling food stamps for drugs. There are more but I don't remember them.

I can go to DHHR today and find out. Not sure how to put the forms on this site though.

It was really early this mornin when i was researching this-but since she was charged by the federal government -i believe that she will lose them immediately -and after the hearing if it is determined to be a mistake-they would of course give them back to her. let me go see what i can find-i think she doesnt really NEED them if she can sell em :)

Has it been reported anywhere that LE has asked the family not to speak to the media? I'm seeing people claiming to be related posting all over the internet but nothing in the media at all.

Conflicting statements abound, as well as a lot of useless arguments. Sadly, just more dysfunction.

I've seen this in other cases, but I think this one has more than it's fair share. Poor little Aliayah, it's heartbreaking to imagine the way she was treated in this family.

I'd like to hear more thoughts on motive and what you all feel happened to this sweet child, especially from the locals.

http://www.wchstv.com/newsroom/eyewitness/111003_6889.shtml

This report from Oct 3rd states:

In in a criminal complaint filed in 2007, an officer wrote that she (LL)showed up to take a picture for a photo lineup because she was deemed a suspect in the case. The officer wrote that she had "dramatically changed her looks by changing her hair color to black and wearing it in a different style." He also wrote that she, "had a lot of makeup on."

In 2010, Lena filed a lawsuit against the Division of Corrections claiming she was sexually harassed, abused, and assaulted while she was incarcerated at the Beckley Correctional Center. That lawsuit is ongoing in Kanawha County Circuit Court.

http://www.westondemocrat.com/news.html

Lunsford is not a stranger to the inside of a jail as she has been charged with such crimes as breaking and entering, receiving and transferring stolen property, petit larceny and forgery. She has served time for at least one charge.

I found a couple of these before, but couldn't find them this morning. Will go back and check later.

I went to DHHR and picked up an application packet. Is there a way for me to upload to this site or can I copy and paste after I scan it?

You should be able to upload it like you do pictures. Go Advanced button below and click on the paper clip beside the smiley face in the next window.

You should be able to upload it like you do pictures. Go Advanced button below and click on the paper clip beside the smiley face in the next window.

Upload the whole packet or just the questions?

Pages 1 - 5 of 9 of the WV DHHR Rights and Responsibilities ( a part of the application for benefits)

Attachments

• Page 1.jpg
    Page 1.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 13
  • page 2.jpg
    page 2.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 10
  • page 3.jpg
    page 3.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 10
  • page 4.jpg
    page 4.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 8
  • page 5.jpg
    page 5.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 6
pages 6 - 9 of 9 from WV DHHR Rights and Responsibilities

Attachments

• page 6.jpg
    page 6.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 5
  • page 7.jpg
    page 7.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 4
  • page 8.jpg
    page 8.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 4
  • page 9.jpg
    page 9.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 3
Page 12 of the WV DHHR Application/Redetermination packet.

Attachments

• pg12.jpg
    pg12.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 7

That's a good observation... Very possible. If anything comes out of the case (besides justice) perhaps it will be more stringent CPS laws.. if even in that COUNTY! Something HAS to change.. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop