WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
These cases where parents/adults end up being arrested for various other charges just make me sick...to think they were parents to being with, and also because it never seems to work. Most of these people are used to being arrested and being in jail...no great shock to their systems, nothing to make them break down and spill it...JMO

These cases where parents/adults end up being arrested for various other charges just make me sick...to think they were parents to being with, and also because it never seems to work. Most of these people are used to being arrested and being in jail...no great shock to their systems, nothing to make them break down and spill it...JMO

I agree. I'd be in tears and hysterical if I got arrested for something! That's what keeps most of us from getting in trouble in the first place.

I can't imagine what it must be like to get used to it.

Oh good Lord. Just so I am understanding correctly, this is Aliayah's dna contributor (#2?)? I'm so confused.

That is what I heard somewhere else and people that know contestant #1 says that he is not the one. And the third guy gets a hard time just because he has the same name with people calling their house, wife, kids, owns his own business - doesn't sound like LL's type at all.

Not just in this state. Part of the welfare program is free phone service. I think you can have a basic landline or a cell phone with a small amount of minutes that is paid for by the state.

Also states that have the free cell will also give them to disabled people or anyone who qualifies for heating help.

Could this welfare fraud thing be to cut off their income and make them desperate? If RL has not been to work since this started, then that would leave only assistance to live on and if this gives them a way to cut most of the assistance they receive and not just the food stamps, can't pay their rent, utilities, etc.

Why hasn't a reward been offered for this case?

Where are you Aliayah?
Help us find you.

:praying:

Could this welfare fraud thing be to cut off their income and make them desperate? If RL has not been to work since this started, then that would leave only assistance to live on and if this gives them a way to cut most of the assistance they receive and not just the food stamps, can't pay their rent, utilities, etc.

A very interesting theory Wenc. Ummmmm... If they lose all income then maybe they would have to access the cash they received for selling Aliayah?

I doubt she's lost her food stamps yet. She hasn't been proven guilty, only charged.

I doubt it to be honest. I don't know what a maximum sentence is with welfare fraud, but if she goes to jail she knows she'll be fed and have a roof over her head for a short time and get back out.

I always hope for someone getting caught and facing a lot of time and then trying to make a deal for themself. Someone facing 5,7,10 years or longer might provide information if they want to lessen their time. A few months or even a year or two probably won't make anyone talk.

I doubt she's lost her food stamps yet. She hasn't been proven guilty, only charged.
She would have gotten them this month but next month food stamps drop dramatically because the children are not there. I wonder when the courts will decide how much child support they are to pay.

I will be looking for a federal grand jury indictment next time the grand jury meets in Clarksburg. I think they have evidence but not sure if they have enough for an arrest, since they haven't found Aliayah. Anyone know when the next Lewis County grand jury meets? I don't think it will go through the county courts because of FBI involvement, but maybe?

What happens if Aliayah is never found?

Totally depends on what, if any evidence they have. It seems to be really difficult for LE to proceed in those cases without a crime scene at least.

So, I'm guessing that without a body LE can't say for sure that Aliayah was murdered. Therefore no one will be prosecuted. If that is the case, how much longer before we know?

So, I'm guessing that without a body LE can't say for sure that Aliayah was murdered. Therefore no one will be prosecuted. If that is the case, how much longer before we know?

There have been SOME cases that have been charged without a body, although almost never a child..with children, while they could not have walked away from their lives, they could have been taken by someone who wanted a child.

It is really hard to say, timeline-wise, what might happen, as we don't know what LE has. If in fact there is no trace of Aliayah on any video LE has found that shows the entire family except for her, that could be one piece of evidence that she may have been gone longer than reported. I recall one case, many years ago, where proof of previous physical abuse was used to press charges in a case without the victim being found. We just don't know what LE may have...

There have been SOME cases that have been charged without a body, although almost never a child..with children, while they could not have walked away from their lives, they could have been taken by someone who wanted a child.

It is really hard to say, timeline-wise, what might happen, as we don't know what LE has. If in fact there is no trace of Aliayah on any video LE has found that shows the entire family except for her, that could be one piece of evidence that she may have been gone longer than reported. I recall one case, many years ago, where proof of previous physical abuse was used to press charges in a case without the victim being found. We just don't know what LE may have...
OK.

Then it is possible that LE could have had the children removed for their safety - not because the house was dirty.

OK.

Then it is possible that LE could have had the children removed for their safety - not because the house was dirty.

Yes, I think it is possible they feel the children could be in some danger...again, it all depends upon what they know and it does seem they are focusing solely on the insiders in this case...JMO

Here is a thread for 4 year old Ashley LaShay Jones whose aunt was found guilty of 2nd degree (iirc) murder of Ashley although Ashley's body has sadly never been found. Charley Project also has a good write up on Ashley's case for those interested in reading a little about succesful no body murder convictions. I don't recall if the crime scene was ever found in Ashley's case, but there was enough physical evidence to prove she was both deceased and died by homicide to obtain the conviction. IIRC it was appealed and the aunt lost. I didn't pay to read all the docs but read what was available free online.

TN TN - Ashley LaShay Jones, 4, Memphis, 16 Sept 1996 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

There is also this site, which is posted in several places here at WS.
http://nobodycases.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member