WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

With all the well deserved vitriol I see on the FB pages for the case and the players involved, I'm SURE no one is holding back from calling in anything they know! PLUS, I'm sure LE reads all those pages as well so "fingers crossed" if anyone over there has posted pertinent info to the case, LE is investigating!!!

I hope justice for Aliayah comes soon!

Regarding the petition: DHHR recently changed procedure and calls of suspected (at risk) child abuse are no longer automatically investigated. There are not enough workers to do what is proposed and truthfully I am not sure enough workers could be hired to perform all of these services. They are over worked and under paid now.

Although I agree whole heartedly that children need protection, I am not so enthusiastic about DHHR becoming involved. Perhaps a new office (a new branch) of DHHR (other than CPS) to teach parents of those at risk children parenting skills geared directly at the child's (mental) age along with home health inspections?

As West Virginia currently has a budget surplus, the money is there to expand DHHR to include mandatory reporting requirements and follow-up investigations. Granted, support of an educational service to assist families at risk would be highly beneficial, but we are looking at something that could be quickly implemented and benefits children at risk at the earliest possible time.

As West Virginia currently has a budget surplus, the money is there to expand DHHR to include mandatory reporting requirements and follow-up investigations. Granted, support of an educational service to assist families at risk would be highly beneficial, but we are looking at something that could be quickly implemented and benefits children at risk at the earliest possible time.

:goodpost:

Im sure this was posted, but I am curious about the two females that are missing that are related to the SD from 1999, anyone have any idea who these women are/were?

SNIPPED.......................................................................................................

We've learned Aliayah's stepfather Ralph Lunsford is related to two women who went missing from Lewis County in 1999. To this day, they still haven't been found:

http://www.wboy.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=109554

Im sure this was posted, but I am curious about the two females that are missing that are related to the SD from 1999, anyone have any idea who these women are/were?

SNIPPED.......................................................................................................

We've learned Aliayah's stepfather Ralph Lunsford is related to two women who went missing from Lewis County in 1999. To this day, they still haven't been found:

http://www.dailymail.com/News/statenews/201008230247

Thank you,
Ok that is what I thought after snooping around a little, not sure how it can be verified, but I believe that this was his grandmother and aunt.Please note that I do not know this for sure just speculation that these are the women.

I noticed that we have a thread for them already:

WV WV - Mary Friend, 45, & mom Marcus Maxine Stalnaker, 69, Lewis County, 1 Dec 1999 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

As West Virginia currently has a budget surplus, the money is there to expand DHHR to include mandatory reporting requirements and follow-up investigations.

All DHHR workers, medical and school personell, law enforcement and child care workers are mandated reporters. Foster parents are also mandated reporters. The problem is not necessarily who is required to report but what is done once a report is made.

With all the well deserved vitriol I see on the FB pages for the case and the players involved, I'm SURE no one is holding back from calling in anything they know! PLUS, I'm sure LE reads all those pages as well so "fingers crossed" if anyone over there has posted pertinent info to the case, LE is investigating!!!

I hope justice for Aliayah comes soon!

I was just thinking -I have had a headache for 3 days trying to sort thru things i have found. I can only imagine what LE is surfing through! I bet they are pulling their hair out!

I applaud you , for taking the time to write the "proposed law." But it makes me SO angry to think that someone is writing ANOTHER law to protect our little ones. And even before we know what has happened to her. It speaks volumes for us as a society. How many little ones have to be kidnapped, raped an murdered-and how many "laws" do we have to write-before this ends?
Please know that my vent is not at you-it is the situation in general (hugs)

Thank you,
Ok that is what I thought after snooping around a little, not sure how it can be verified, but I believe that this was his grandmother and aunt.Please note that I do not know this for sure just speculation that these are the women.

I noticed that we have a thread for them already:

WV WV - Mary Friend, 45, & mom Marcus Maxine Stalnaker, 69, Lewis County, 1 Dec 1999 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I thought there were some posts on the first thread or two saying there was no relation between the two missing women and the family in this case? I thought there were even MSM articles saying they were unrelated, even.

I was just thinking -I have had a headache for 3 days trying to sort thru things i have found. I can only imagine what LE is surfing through! I bet they are pulling their hair out!

LE uses flow charts w/pictures and arrows. I can see them using a huge wall to post all this - just like on the crime shows on TV! They also have access to birth & arrest records so can place people in or out of jail when certain events occurred.

I thought there were some posts on the first thread or two saying there was no relation between the two missing women and the family in this case? I thought there were even MSM articles saying they were unrelated, even.

Hi Martha, there may have been those posts I was just going by this article I found stating about the women related that disappeared, thats all :):
..................................................................................................................................................................................................

We've learned Aliayah's stepfather Ralph Lunsford is related to two women who went missing from Lewis County in 1999. To this day, they still haven't been found.

All DHHR workers, medical and school personell, law enforcement and child care workers are mandated reporters. Foster parents are also mandated reporters. The problem is not necessarily who is required to report but what is done once a report is made.

I agree. I also feel that failure to report should be considered a violation of the law. We would also like to include wording where a violation to followup or investigate would also be considered a violation.

That's where the whistleblower item would come into play. Makes DHHR responsible for it's actions or lack thereof.

I agree. I also feel that failure to report should be considered a violation of the law. We would also like to include wording where a violation to followup or investigate would also be considered a violation.

That's where the whistleblower item would come into play. Makes DHHR responsible for it's actions or lack thereof.

Speaking from experience, if a family member calls the investigation only entails talking with the child. If the child does not speak of abuse nothing more is done even if the abuse is caught by surveillance cameras.

I also read in the petition about those below the poverty level without a high school education are more likely to abuse children (paraphrasing). It seems DHHR, IMO, is not too concerned about removing children from homes receiving benefits but will bend over backwards to give children back to those with good paying jobs. So the wording concerns me. It reads like the law targets the poor and uneducated when, in reality, abusers come from all walks of life.

Another missing girl in WV. Kristen Allecia Shelton-20 years old, Kanawha County. It seems her mom just reported this -she has been missing for MONTHS. :(

http://www.wowktv.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=109643

WTF??? The only way that story makes any sense is if the missing woman told her mother she leaving and wouldn't be in touch AND/OR she has a major drug problem (or similar) and has a history of dropping out of touch. Otherwise, what kind of mother would ever wait MONTHS to report their child (even adult child) missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BG89