WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that would be necessary. If Aliayah was taken to the river weeks ago, the dogs would still be able to pick up her scent. Especially if it was the last place she went, kwim?

Do we have a confirmed 'last sighting' of Aliayah by someone other than family yet?

Salem

Not from LE or via MSM that I am aware of... IIRC, a local said Aliayah was last seen August 20th at a church clothing sale (back to school kind of thing.) If I am inaccurate, someone please correct the details for me.

I am SO sad that little Aliayah hasn't been found. I mean c'mon these people are NOT rocket scientists. I read where one of the "players" put a box over his head and grabbed a stick to rob a store-BUT ----he didn't cover up the tattoos on his arms.(LOL)

1. I believe Aliayah has been missing for a LONG time.
2. I believe that both LL and RL were at a bar friday night
3. I wonder WHY LE doesn't give the doggies RL's clothing and LL's clothing to do a check of the river.

Yes, I think you Sleuths might be onto something regarding a possible earlier disappearance.

It was reported in earlier threads that a dog followed Aliayah's scent as far as the water's edge.
Is it possible that someone could have faked that scent by shaking her skin cells out of an unwashed article of clothing or blanket or coat that she could have worn months earlier?

Just a thought but how does anyone know it was Aliayah's scent the dogs followed? If she had been missing for some time couldn't mom have given LE one of the other child's clothing and said it was A's?

question for one of the locals...... is it true that RL's stepfather is a RSO?

Just a thought but how does anyone know it was Aliayah's scent the dogs followed? If she had been missing for some time couldn't mom have given LE one of the other child's clothing and said it was A's?

Wow, good point! I was thinking that the "scent to the river" could have been a red herring to throw off the searchers and mislead authorities into believing the poor chid had fallen in when, in fact, she had been taken elsewhere.

moo

I don't understand how Aliayah was seen on Aug 20 but we are saying she has been missing a long time. Maybe the "family" is talking about Christmas because mom lost custody (CPS?) of Aliayah and the other children and only regained it before the start of school. Apparently WV has restrictive privacy laws and the media & LE won't reveal anything to the public. Here is SC, I am always hearing of cases where there is a loving family (fosters, grandparents or other relatives) who want to take care of a child but the advocates & government agencies are always trying to return them to a tragic & abusive situation at home. I hope Aliayah was placed with a caring family at least for some part of her short life and learned to smile.

No Sign of Tot, 3,Aliayah Lunsford
http://www.westondemocrat.com/news.html
Killeen says he completely understands the community's frustration about the lack of information being released by law enforcement and wants the public to know that "this is not a closed investigation—far from it—we are working very diligently and very hard to find her," he said.
He says there are two main reasons why law enforcement is being tight lipped—one is that releasing information could compromise the investigation and also law enforcement is bound by law not to divulge information of a personal nature without consent of the individual.

Turn Your Porch Light On for Aliayah
http://www.centralwestvirginian.net/find-aliayah.html
We are asking everyone to turn your porch lights on from 9-10 p.m. each night to show support for Aliayah Lunsford. She has been missing since September 24 from Weston, WV.
It doesn't matter where you live. We are asking you to particiapte.

Poll Results on Law Enforcement,Press Coverage Revealed
http://www.centralwestvirginian.net/find-aliayah.html
Of the 274 respondents answering "How confident are you law enforcement has a solid grasp on Aliayah's case?," 70.44 percent said not very confident or not confident at all. Not very confident earned 45.99 percent of the votes and not confident at all earned 24.45 percent of the votes.

The question posed was "How well do you think local media has covered this story?"
Of those responding, 65.08 percent believe the efforts of the press have been not very well or poor. Both answers garnered an equal 32.54 percent of the 252 votes tallied.
12.7 percent believe the press has done very well and 22.22 percent believe the press has done about average.

If Aliayah was in Foster Care, that would explain the lack of pictures since Christmas. Though, when my nephew was in foster care, I had visitation & took pictures each time we brought the girls to visit him.

Yes, I think you Sleuths might be onto something regarding a possible earlier disappearance.

It was reported in earlier threads that a dog followed Aliayah's scent as far as the water's edge.
Is it possible that someone could have faked that scent by shaking her skin cells out of an unwashed article of clothing or blanket or coat that she could have worn months earlier?
Absolutely! When I went to bed last night after reading this thread, I got to thinking about the same thing. I could see them dragging articles of her clothing down to the river, to provide a "scent".

I am wondering about a former foster mother....it was mentioned somewhere on here that LL had just recently got her children returned to her care.

A neighborhood girl, sorry~ now a full grown woman, is a placement officer for the State of WV. She has approached all the neighbors that she has had relationships with for her 28 yrs. As a result, several children have been placed in this little town.
I raised one of my grandsons til he was 4, when he left it nearly killed me with worry, because of that, my H declined signing the application. I get very attached....I can surely see how a family caring for Aliayah would not have given her up, especially IF evidence of past abuse.

Foster care could explain lack of photos and I do know that she would have been separated from other siblings if she had a special need.

Just doing my daily Aliayah check. Hoping LE has lots and are going to be moving towards resolution of this mystery sometime soon. Best case scenerio would be a live Aliayah, taken by someone who is showering her with love. But even if it is the worst case scenerio, I am so hoping for some kind of answer soon.

Bless all of you who have not let Aliayah's case fade out without so much as a whimper.

Good to see you back at the thread Kimbreeley. :seeya:

:seeya:Thanks, Cubby, I stop in here all the time, just don't always have time to post. This case in particular has my heart strings screaming....

Where are you, Aliayah??

No Sign of Tot, 3,Aliayah Lunsford
http://www.westondemocrat.com/news.html
Killeen says he completely understands the community's frustration about the lack of information being released by law enforcement and wants the public to know that "this is not a closed investigation—far from it—we are working very diligently and very hard to find her," he said.
He says there are two main reasons why law enforcement is being tight lipped—one is that releasing information could compromise the investigation and also law enforcement is bound by law not to divulge information of a personal nature without consent of the individual.

If the children were in mom's physical custody but DHHR still retained legal custody, it would be DHHR's call on consent concerning releasing any info on any children in the family. I wonder if that would apply to unborn children also. If it includes unborn children, Not sure what the law is in WV.

Based on all the information that has been released, it's my opinion that the children already had their own attorney representing them. And if it's who I think it is, LE isn't going to say a word. The adults in that family have been in way to much legal trouble to not have CPS involved for a very long time.

I am SO sad that little Aliayah hasn't been found. I mean c'mon these people are NOT rocket scientists. I read where one of the "players" put a box over his head and grabbed a stick to rob a store-BUT ----he didn't cover up the tattoos on his arms.(LOL)

1. I believe Aliayah has been missing for a LONG time.
2. I believe that both LL and RL were at a bar friday night
3. I wonder WHY LE doesn't give the doggies RL's clothing and LL's clothing to do a check of the river.

:seeya: CJMajorGirl,

I agree with you - I think this poor baby girl has been gone for much longer than we have been told.
Question - why do you think RL and LL were at a bar Friday night? And how long do you think she has really been missing?

IMO, Aliayah is just a throw-away child. She had nobody to protect her. RL probably resented her because she was conceived when he was in jail. LL probably resented her because she caused problems with her and RL. There are so many people with criminal backgrounds on all sides of this family.

I'm on the fence about when she disappeared, the lack of pictures could just be because she was in foster care.

As for what happened to her, I lean more towards that she was sold or given away in exchange for something.

Makes me sick just thinking about it.

making one of my multiple daily checks for little miss aliayah. i'm still praying for you sweet girl. you and my daughter would have made such good friends! i hope that wherever you are today, you're in loving hands. if you're no longer on this earth, i hope you're watching over your brothers and sisters to make sure they're taken care of and never have to meet the same fate you have. you're an amazing little girl and know that all of us here at WS love you like crazy! *XOXOXO*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog