WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But would the 9 & 11 year old really lie to police and tell them Aliayah was there that morning if she really wasn't?? I can't grasp that. Sad, sad, SAD if they really would.

IF she's been missing for longer, perhaps the older siblings have said something to police, but if that were the case, wouldn't there be something against the mother...lying to police, reporting a fake kidnapping, etc.

I still tend to believe something happened that morning. If it was prior, it would seem like a lot of people would need to be involved in the cover up.

I do think it's very odd we haven't heard from hardly any locals in the news...or the family whose house they were at evening before.

I just watched the local news on WBOY and they said that the FBI will be holding a press conference tomorrow. They did not mention a time, but if I see it later on their website, I wil post. Hoping for good news!!

But would the 9 & 11 year old really lie to police and tell them Aliayah was there that morning if she really wasn't?? I can't grasp that. Sad, sad, SAD if they really would.

IF she's been missing for longer, perhaps the older siblings have said something to police, but if that were the case, wouldn't there be something against the mother...lying to police, reporting a fake kidnapping, etc.

I still tend to believe something happened that morning. If it was prior, it would seem like a lot of people would need to be involved in the cover up.

I do think it's very odd we haven't heard from hardly any locals in the news...or the family whose house they were at evening before.

Maybe the siblings don't know. Theory : Aliayah was there when they went to sleep. She died or was murdered. Someone drags a scent to the river before daylight (RL). RL goes to work . LL takes all the kids in the bedroom with her. Someone else comes in to remove Aliayah (supposedly not RL). LL drives around with the kids to give the other person time to dispose of Aliayah. Then she calls 911.

Did LL have a cell phone?
Did LL use a pay phone while she was 'searching'? ( to see if the mission was accomplished and if not she knew to waste more time.)
Aliayah could have died during the night too. Which means RL could have had something to do with it.
Did the neighbors say if they noticed visitors at their house in the middle of the night?

Supposedly the whole family has extensive criminal records. Once in jail they are not separated by crime, the murderers are housed with the drug addicts. So, my guess is, anyone of them would have heard stories of how to commit the perfect crime.

I just watched the local news on WBOY and they said that the FBI will be holding a press conference tomorrow. They did not mention a time, but if I see it later on their website, I wil post. Hoping for good news!!

I'd be surprised if it is good news for Aliayah...I don't think they would wait on announcing that...but maybe an arrest is the best she can have now. JMO

I have some idea's which would mostly have to be done by the locals....

IMO, we need to verify the former addresses as a possible 'dumping' location. If we can verify those we can target them for fliers and ask residents in targeted area's to check their private property and keep an eye open in public property area's.

Has LE verified what she was wearing? Sure would be nice if we had photo's of the same type of clothing so locals would have a visual on the flyers.

Were any toys missing with Aliayah? Any blankets? Anything that might be missing people should look for?

IIRC someone mentioned hunting season in this area? I know zero about hunting, but hunters or 'outdoors' types should be aware to look for something unusual. Particularly disturbed ground which might be a potential burial site.

We can probably safely assume LL wouldn't discard Aliyah in the same manner FCA did... and woman usually discard in water. Anyone doing water activities of any kind, fishing- even from the shore, boating, kayaking should be targeted. The kinds of magazines, or publictions they would read.

I WISH there was a reward set up for this case. LL seems to be struggling financially and if those she associates with are in similiar positions a reward might be more inclined to report information with a reward. (even though we've seen so many times they don't generate results that solve a case.)

I'm not local, but we'd need locals with feet on the ground. For flyers and even to organize a fundraiser for a reward. Maybe the church mentioned above would be interested in hosting something like this? Maybe a local restaurant? I'm not familiar with the area so hopefully the above will help locals brain storm some more idea's.

there is also an entire forum set up as a resource center here at WS for families of the missing. Check out those resources! There are some fantastic idea's there! (brb with link)

ETA: link to WS resource center:

Websleuth's Resource Center - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thinking out-loud here. Hunting season has begun in WV, That puts thousands of hunters in the mountains in remote areas. Maybe it would be good if flyers were put up every where that licence are sold & game checking stations. Plus along the road, camping areas, restaurants anywhere that the hunters might be.

Investigators Still Asking for Information in Aliayah Lunsford Disappearance, Press Conference Planned
http://www.wdtv.com/index.php/home/...nsford-disappearance-press-conference-planned
They've pleaded for anyone with any information to call 911 or the Lewis County Sheriff's Department; however, it seems that not many people have. Of course, they're still encouraging that.

If you're afraid to call into a law agency, police say you can call into the 5 Newsroom and leave an anonymous tip that we can forward on to them. To do so, call 304-848-5000 and ask for the newsroom.

We will not be reporting on any rumors or tips we receive. We will simply pass them on to investigators.

A press conference is planned for Friday afternoon. Stay with 5 News for the latest.

They Need A Break In The Case
WAJR-FM Radio News
http://www.wvmetronews.com/news.cfm?func=displayfullstory&storyid=48490
"It's going to be one of those incredibly difficult cases to develop further evidence and, as a result, I want to brace the listening public for a period of time that may involve little, if any, news about any further developments in this case," Dyer said.

He says investigators have been able to eliminate several persons of interest and possible suspects and are focusing on a small group of people who may have been involved in the girl's disappearance.

I have some idea's which would mostly have to be done by the locals....

We can probably safely assume LL wouldn't discard Aliyah in the same manner FCA did... and woman usually discard in water. Anyone doing water activities of any kind, fishing- even from the shore, boating, kayaking should be targeted. The kinds of magazines, or publictions they would read.

RL worked at Stonewall Jackson Resort. There is a hugh lake there. One of my daughters told me about a swampy reed filled area too shallow for motor boats. I know you said women are more likely to use water but when I asked my husband why Aliayah hasn't been found (the smell of decomposition, the hunters, all of the searches conducted) and he said water like in a well. No smell. My daughter (same one) said it would have to be an abandoned well because people drinking the water would know it was contaminated and would have checked it.

Would there be a map available of abandoned wells in the area?

Good ideas Cubby and Mjskit.

Combine your ideas-
Search prior address' and target nearby areas with bodies of water, wells, old cisterns, tanks of any kind, etc.

People trying to cover up or hide a crime, usually operate within their frame of reference or comfort zone, places that are familiar. Also remember she was probably in a mini-van, so an area that would be fairly accessible.

There was only one vehicle in that family right? RL didn't have his own?

Maybe the siblings don't know. Theory : Aliayah was there when they went to sleep. She died or was murdered. Someone drags a scent to the river before daylight (RL). RL goes to work . LL takes all the kids in the bedroom with her. Someone else comes in to remove Aliayah (supposedly not RL). LL drives around with the kids to give the other person time to dispose of Aliayah. Then she calls 911.

Did LL use a pay phone while she was 'searching'? ( to see if the mission was accomplished and if not she knew to waste more time.)
Aliayah could have died during the night too. Which means RL could have had something to do with it.
Did the neighbors say if they noticed visitors at their house in the middle of the night?

Supposedly the whole family has extensive criminal records. Once in jail they are not separated by crime, the murderers are housed with the drug addicts. So, my guess is, anyone of them would have heard stories of how to commit the perfect crime.

Aliayah was said to be sick with the flu the night prior to disappearing. Isn't it odd that Lena never mentioned in all that she said to the 911 dispatcher something like "She was up and down all night because she was sick. She finally went to sleep around 6:30, so I brought the other kids into my bed so they didn't wake her".

I have said before that maybe she over-medicated her with an *adult* over the counter, cold or flu medicine. I've also wondered if Aliayah still took a bottle, maybe at night? If so, Mom may have put meds in it and put her to bed.

The problem with my theory is, the other children were supposedly in the car with her. How did Lena get a deceased Aliayah in the car and then dispose of her with them as witness'?

Investigators Still Asking for Information in Aliayah Lunsford Disappearance, Press Conference Planned
http://www.wdtv.com/index.php/home/...nsford-disappearance-press-conference-planned
They've pleaded for anyone with any information to call 911 or the Lewis County Sheriff's Department; however, it seems that not many people have. Of course, they're still encouraging that.

If you're afraid to call into a law agency, police say you can call into the 5 Newsroom and leave an anonymous tip that we can forward on to them. To do so, call 304-848-5000 and ask for the newsroom.

We will not be reporting on any rumors or tips we receive. We will simply pass them on to investigators.

A press conference is planned for Friday afternoon. Stay with 5 News for the latest.

Submitting an Anonymous Tip
To submit a Tip, fill out the form below. No personal information is required to submit a Tip:
If you wish to provide more detailed personal information, you may Submit a Complaint instead.

https://www.wvcrime.com:8443/Reporter/TipIndexPage.wvcrime

WV State Police have an web tip line. I've seen many LOCAL people spouting off on the various Facebook pages, so we know a lot of them have internet access. I wish the reporters would put this link in their news stories!

(BBM) Maybe I'm a bit jaded, but I get the sense these people are morons, dopeheads and lowlifes who can barely keep their heads above water. Dragging a scent to the river seems way too forward-thinking for the cast of characters in this case. I'm thinking everything they do is driven by panic and fear. I'm also thinking that led them to make mistakes, and those mistakes are what FBI and LE are covertly analyzing over there at the state police barracks.

There's a certain level of intelligence required for the pursuit of the perfect crime, IMO, and it just doesn't seem these people have it. They are brute-force people, not skillful-execution people.

Of course that doesn't mean they didn't walk down to the river with her body in panic and fear and then decide there was a better idea and turn around and go back to the house. I just don't see much time or opportunity for a lot of purposeful misleading.

I believe that Aliayah has been murdered. :maddening: Please let's put our heads together to figure out where she could be.

LE said the public could search so give some ideas of where to search. The locals could probably get together again to look.

She has to be found or the murderer/s won't be prosecuted.

You would have to be here to actually see that there are THOUSANDS of square miles that a body can be hidden, and that a determined perpetrator does have the advantage if he/she grew up in such an area.

LE told at least one group of volunteers, including my wife, that the searches by non-LE personnel have ended. They added that any searchers found continuing on their own would be prosecuted for disrupting an investigation and/or destroying evidence.

You would have to be here to actually see that there are THOUSANDS of square miles that a body can be hidden, and that a determined perpetrator does have the advantage if he/she grew up in such an area.

LE told at least one group of volunteers, including my wife, that the searches by non-LE personnel have ended. They added that any searchers found continuing on their own would be prosecuted for disrupting an investigation and/or destroying evidence.

BBM
Well, I think that's just so sad - why in the world does LE NOT want people to look for this baby girl?!?!?! Poor Aliayah..... where are you little lady? :(

Do you think the videos/photos they are examining are of the mini van leaving the house and/or returning the in the early am (before RL is picked up for work)?

...or maybe have gotten away with it before? And since you DID get away with it "last time" you just went back to the same place?

hi Westinlund, The question was if RL's stepfather was on a list. I thought the locals had confirmed that he was.

Sorry, I read if "RL, the stepfather...".

Yes, Rl's stepfather is on the offenders list for WV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor