WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IF grandma didn't see aliayah for a "few" weeks, why do we believe that she went missing on 9/24/2011? because LL said so?

And if she was the only "ma" she knew for the first 18 months of her life, why would she not see her at LEAST 3-5 times per week, now? That's cruel IMO. It was like being ripped from the arms of her mother (as far as she knew) but then again, I just don't understand the dynamics of this family's situation at ALL ... sigh.

looking at press conference now. FBI said recovery OR arrest and conviction

Im curious-I would like to know how far in advance the family knew of the press conference-and if they knew of the reward.

And if she was the only "ma" she knew for the first 18 months of her life, why would she not see her at LEAST 3-5 times per week, now? That's cruel IMO. It was like being ripped from the arms of her mother (as far as she knew) but then again, I just don't understand the dynamics of this family's situation at ALL ... sigh.

I don't understand it either, maybe I'm not supposed to. IF my niece went missing , you better pray to God I don't know if you have ever took a paperclip cause im turnin you in -lol!! I would be so chatty they would duct tape MY mouth!...

I do know that she must have missed her grandma very much. I also feel SO sorry for the other children. And while there isn't much that can be done for Aliayah right now, the other children need a family also?

I'd like to talk about the timing and LE's strategy in announcing the reward.
They started pretty high @ $20k.

Do you all think they may be targeting someone in particular?

I think anyone who was "hurting" for money or perhaps had a drug problem? No one that would be incriminating themselves, but someone who would have "Christmas come early" with an amount like that!!

http://theintermountain.com/page/co...--20-000-reward-for-information.html?nav=5014

Killeen said investigators believe there is other information being held in the community. Law enforcement officials believe the reward will help lead to the disclosure of this information.

It sounds that way to me. I'm guessing Lena doesn't have a lot of fine upstanding citizens as her circle of friends.
Would they give the reward to a known drug user IF that person had no involvement? That money would buy a ton of drugs (sadly)

Yup-they will. $20,000 would pull someone out of poverty fast. And the checks that alot of them receive wont last but a few days-....mouths should be flapping about full moon time ;)

Im curious-I would like to know how far in advance the family knew of the press conference-and if they knew of the reward.

duh....I'm so slow....I'm sitting here and after all this time it just registered to me what your screen name is.:floorlaugh: Just had to share.

Did i just hear that right-she has been bein harassed on facebook? she said that to the fbi? Oh lord----how did i miss that the first time.

Umm in the grand scheme of things---i bet he was thinkin omg woman!

Did i just hear that right-she has been bein harassed on facebook? she said that to the fbi? Oh lord----how did i miss that the first time.

Umm in the grand scheme of things---i bet he was thinkin omg woman!

wait....what? who? when?

:floorlaugh: ---ahhhh i needed that!! LOL!!

all this time I've been reading it as CJ's Major Girl.....like CJ has girls all over the world that get ranked....OMG I'm laughing:floorlaugh:
I guess you hadda be here

all this time I've been reading it as CJ's Major Girl.....like CJ has girls all over the world that get ranked....OMG I'm laughing:floorlaugh:
I guess you hadda be here

lol oh NO there is NO major..and hopefully after i receive my degree this summer i can change my name to MSWmajorgirl24 :)...(if i dont start studyin -there wont be a diploma) :banghead:

lol oh NO there is NO major..and hopefully after i receive my degree this summer i can change my name to MSWmajorgirl24 :)...(if i dont start studyin -there wont be a diploma) :banghead:

Master Sleuther Woman?

wait....what? who? when?

He was talking about the reward, the family wanted it MUCH sooner and the news reporter lady said that vickie had been being harassed on facebook about there not being a reward.

Master Sleuther Woman?

that exactly right! I really want to help little ones...im not sure in what capacity yet. my advisor thinks i would be a good counselor for sexual abusers. I said oh NO NEVER not I.........*sighs

He was talking about the reward, the family wanted it MUCH sooner and the news reporter lady said that vickie had been being harassed on facebook about there not being a reward.

ok...I just listened. reporter said they had interviewed someone in the community who wanted to start a reward. That woman stated that she was harassed on facebook by a member of the immediate family.
very beginning of part 2

I know times have changed.....but why are people/media even discussing facebook during a press conference?

http://wboytv.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=111323

"I love this child. The community that never heard of this child before loves this child. And this child needs to be brought home," Bowen said.

"We're not going to give up, we're not going to lose hope, we're not going to lose faith. She will come home," Prunty said.

Killeen also told Bowen that Aliayah's family members are not under a gag order. He said by law, free speech applies unless a judge orders otherwise.

The FBI said a new poster with new photos of Aliayah will be released next week.

ok...I just listened. reporter said they had interviewed someone in the community who wanted to start a reward. That woman stated that she was harassed on facebook by a member of the immediate family.
very beginning of part 2

Ohh i shouldnt listen this early in the mornin....im sorry! I just think this is the saddest case ever....
I best get some sleep or im gonna be using my laptop as a piller-!
Night lynn! :)(hugs)

Sweet Aliayah--i won't forget to say my prayers for you ....hope today is the day we get some good news!

:offtobed: goodnight everyone. Tomorrow is a new day and miracles do happen.

Great, I just finished reading, and ya'll are in bed.

Let me get this straight on the whole picture thing: there *are* recent pictures but no one can get their hands on them because either, A. grandma won't go through them because she's distraught, or B. there are other children in them.

<Mod Snip> Find the pictures, black out the other children's faces with a permanent marker, post pics all over the web and flyers.

<Mod Snip>
I do have some other questions though, in case anyone has the answers.

-Did the aunt know Aliayah was her great niece before she went missing? If so, why wait until 5 weeks later to find out why no one was speaking for the family, therefore, for this child?

-Did the extended family know, or have any inkling, that Aliayah and the other children might be abused (i.e. did anyone know what kind of mother LL was, or father RL was? How did the children look when the family saw them? Were they happy? Clean (by everyone's standards)? Well fed?)

-If so, was CPS ever contacted? Why or why not?

-If so, did CPS act?

-Why hasn't anyone in the extended family taken the children in so they can be together, or is there not anyone who qualifies?

-What is the role of LL's sisters? Are they speaking to LE?

I'm so frustrated for this little girl, why all the outcry for her now? I hope it's not "too little, too late". :(

-all imo-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member