WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vickie, I'm not a mod, but I believe you can post your 'opinions' here, as long as you state they are your opinions and not fact.

Yes this is true, but we try to stay away from rumors. It really doesn't help Aliayah if we start getting into rumors.

Ima

Yes this is true, but we try to stay away from rumors. It really doesn't help Aliayah if we start getting into rumors.

Ima

Thank you, I am trying to track down something, thought you might be able to help. I got a handle on it (me thinks) Will let ya know if it pans out.

To those who were not involved in the Q&A, don't assume you know what questions were asked. They were direct, but not vicious. What you should be wondering is, why were they all deleted instead of answered by the family?

Respectfully snipped for space.

I'd like to know exactly what questions were deleted. They keep being mentioned but no one is listing them. Since Ms. Bowen is here and is kindly answering every question put to her, perhaps such a list would be of help.

I'll point out also that apparently it was not Ms. Bowen who deleted comments as she was not the owner of the group.

I noticed that Knox, he gave her a look-and it wasn't a "come hither" look, either. I don't even want to imagine what the "family" has put these people through. I was shocked to hear her question, and even more shocked at his "look".

What question?

I dont recall deleting any comments, or that I had the option of deleting comments, if any was deleted it was by the person that ran the page, and no , i dont believe in walking on pins and needles. my goal is to answer questions in hopes of helping to find Aliayah and to put a stop to all the bickering.

WELCOME TO WEBSLEUTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fireworks:Thank you so much for coming here and being so open. I'm so sorry this happened to you and your family. I realize you have not been able to spend time with Aliayah but she is your blood and bone and this must be agonizing. God bless you.

Grandma raised her from birth til age 18 months-while Lena was in jail. All of the children have been with gma on and off. No foster care til now.

If this is true, Aliayah bonded with Grandma as her mother, not LL who was in jail. It had to have been traumatic for Aliayah to have to switch mother's once LL got out of jail. I can't see LL handling the behavior problems Aliayah may have had once she wasn't living with grandma anymore.

Sadly, I thought, "Bingo" the moment I read this. Mom may not have bonded with Aliayah. The child may have been miserable with her. Bad combination if the parents are irresponsible, have criminal pasts and/or drug or alcohol issues. Clearly, something very bad happened here.

Now there's an idea........lets' try and gather as much information as we can for Aunt Vickie and the family to get media coverage. The family wants to talk, so let's try and find them the outlets they need to talk. We've been around here awhile so we should know about all the people who cover missing children.
anyone here still in contact with Levi Page? maybe Art Harris? any other suggestions?

I have a suggestion! TES - Texas EquuSearch. If Aliayah's family could contact them, they can actively search for her. They are the best!!!!!

:seeya: Here's what I can tell you from what I've observed following this case in defense of the now extended family (Vickie and her brothers) of Aliayah's coming forward.

Yes, Aliayah's extended family was harassed non stop on Facebook by another of their own obviously disgruntle extended family members. It wasn't quite the Hatfield & McCoy's, no star crossed lovers and no pig involved, but one extended family member (whose name starts with D and ends with A) apparently put themselves on a higher pedestal and was posting on Facebook nonstop berating both Aliayah's mother (for her criminal activity) and Aliayah's grandmother (Jo Ann) for allegedly stealing her own sister's husband.

So in essence there were two sisters married to the same man and each had children of their own with that man, so because the two groups of siblings had mothers who were sisters then they were all part of the same extended family. Well, except for the one family member whose name starts with "D". She apparently didn't want to be known as part of the family except her name popped up in an obituary when her father, the man who married the two sisters passed away. That obituary was posted on another forum (SM) where the case was being sleuthed and "D" found it and went on an all out attack of the rest of the family as though this whole case was about her because her name was in the obituary as part of that family.

The long berating postings went on and on (well over 50+ longggg postings) on multiple Facebook sites, and the gossip tidbits were an eye opener about a dysfunctional family, but IMO, it reached a point whereas it took the focus away from a three year old being missing while drama mama poster "D" went on spreading her attack to include Vickie and her brothers and any other family members that came to their defense.

Those original berated postings have since been deleted from the multiple Facebook sites. (Well, deleted but not missing :crazy:). The poster "D" has been banned from those Facebook sites also while Vickie, her brothers and other extended family members, and other concerned locals, were attempting to do some damage control and get the focus back on Aliayah. I don't doubt that tempers are short so anybody who shows up on Facebook in what appears to be confrontational or attack mode, they (Vickie, her brothers, family and friends) no doubt have flashbacks of poster "D" attempting to return under other assumed names.

I could see that Vickie and her brothers needed help, even they are obviously mind boggled as to why Aliayah's own mother and siblings are not coming forward to speak up on behalf of Aliayah. This is why I added a section on my website for Aliayah's case, to help get the word out to find this precious child. Somebody has to speak up for this child and thank God that her great Aunt Vickie, and her brothers are willing to help do just that.

We all know that Facebook is a social network and in my opinion, not a good format to maintain forum discussion, much less sleuthing on a case but that's the only tool many of the family members had when this case began and it appears, IMO, the sites that are there for this case are doing the best they can to provide updates and maintain discussion.

I hope this sort of explains some of what I've observed from my end. Thank you for taking the time to read this. :seeya:

ACR

BUMP. Thanks for this informative post.

I pray you are right about the tip.

As for drugs, yes I do know they have both done drugs, Aliayah was born while Lena was in jail because she couldnt pass a urine test. Whether she is still doing drugs, I do not know, I assume not because she is at the drs. just about everyday.

as for me considering trying to get the children, my hubby and I have discussed it. It would be difficult for us because our house is small, but I would take them all in a heart beat.

Vickie-
Really there is so much I would like to say to you-but this isn't the place to do it. But what I do want to say is that I am sorry. I am sorry for being hard on you-and being so overly "judgemental" of you and your brothers. I hope you know that it wasn't you guys "personally"...its just that after all of this time little Aliayah feels like "family" to me (and all of us here) and we are overly protective of anyone and everything in relation to her.

If there is anything that any one of us here could do to help -just say the word. While it looks like at times we are here to just be nosey-and to pick you apart -its only because we have researched Aliayah (and LL and RL) and there are certain things that only the family WOULD know. I might know more about your family tree than I know about mine-and that is the truth-lol!!

I have followed and hopefully "helped" in several missing children's cases , although I am fairly new here-and to be honest -this is the FIRST missing childrens case where they parents have simply chose not to speak out.

Vickie-if you have the time and a big enough heart for all of these children, please seek custody of them. Don't worry the size of your home-there are so many resources that would help you with that. I worry about all of LLs children -and how they are mentally coping with this.

Do you have any relatives in Ohio or Florida? (thanks for readin this novel) lol!

Just wanted to welcome Vickie to Webslueths myself! Welcome Vickie. We really are happy to have you here. Annnnnd I want to say that you are brave! We are sometimes asking the really hard questions... but my hope is that family members and friends can see the value of getting to the truth... the point is not to wreck your lives further but hopefully help you find your loved ones. We want to believe always that these victims are loved and cared for because we come to love and care for them ourselves. Bless you and all of your extended family.

Just wanted to welcome Vickie to Webslueths myself! Welcome Vickie. We really are happy to have you here. Annnnnd I want to say that you are brave! We are sometimes asking the really hard questions... but my hope is that family members and friends can see the value of getting to the truth... the point is not to wreck your lives further but hopefully help you find your loved ones. We want to believe always that these victims are loved and cared for because we come to love and care for them ourselves. Bless you and all of your extended family.

Thank you for the welcome redfish :)
I don't mind the hard questions and I will do my best to answer them. I too want the truth, but most of all I want Aliayah found, safe and sound and returned to family that truely love her, and believe me , there are plenty of us that do. I want to help all I can. We (extended family) keep coming up against brick wall when we seek help from folks like Mark Klaas, Nancy <modsnip> Grace, AMW and a few more. We are told that "immediate family" and law enforcement have to request them. Having never been through anything like this we don't know where to turn. Hoping for answers too. Vickie

Hi Vicki! I want to commend you for stepping up to bat for Aliayah. The peeps here and especially the locals have been so diligent in fact finding. People here care. We are not allowed to slueth poi unless they have been named by LE, even then we must be careful. I would trust the people here that are local and ask them in an email. Make sure your emails are enabled here on your profile. Dont be afraid to email the mods! They are wonderful and helpful. If my new mifi had come in the mail, we could do it personally as I would love to help u but all I have is my moldy moble. Good luck to you and God bless. Someone will come along and help you, i am sure.

Wow! I have tears and just want to say to you all :yourock: :bananalama: :party: :welcome5: :welcome3: :star: :welcome4: :partyguy: :wagon: :star2: Welcome! And guests! Join us! Gahead!

I have a couple of questions for Vickie:

1. There has been some confusion about Friday night. Do you know where LL< RL & the kids were?

2. When was the DNA test done?

I have a couple of questions for Vickie:

1. There has been some confusion about Friday night. Do you know where LL< RL & the kids were?

2. When was the DNA test done?

I have heard RUMORS of a party on the Friday night prior, we have tried and have never had that confirmed.

I don't know that any DNA tests were done.

Are all counties in WV wet? I thought I read they were at a bar-but I can't find it now?
Great questions shadow!! :)

Are all counties in WV wet? I thought I read they were at a bar-but I can't find it now?
Great questions shadow!! :)

WV is all wet. I remember way back at the beginning (and I have tried to find it) there was discussion about the activities Friday night. They were somewhere and had to leave because AL "messed" her clothes.

was it ever backed up with a link, that the "friend" that Aliayah was going to stay with, was questioned?

Was gone all day and thought I'd have to read pages to catch up. Needless to say I'm not very happy....seems the media took the day off.
Vickie- Have you had a chance to contact any of those names I posted earlier?

WV is all wet. I remember way back at the beginning (and I have tried to find it) there was discussion about the activities Friday night. They were somewhere and had to leave because AL "messed" her clothes.

Thanks Shadow ---I'm your "neighbor" and in my state some counties are-others aren't. Kind of silly -i think!! I am almost positive I read that!!

I have been thinking..(dangerous I know) ---does LL and RL get to see the kids? ---and if the state took the children-shouldn't they be Aliayah's voice or allow someone (like Aunt Vickie to have that right)...?

And will there be a hearing to see if/when she gets them back?

I can not answer these questions right now, waiting for the answers from my bros. they know, I really dont KNOW for sure. prefer to get correct answer rather than give an opinion or the wrong answer. I am trying to get ahold of bros. now, not sure where they are.

Lena lived with JoAnn from time she got out of jail the last time ( about 18 months) with all the children
Ralph was assumed to be Living in Vadis, WV
About 4 months ago the got back together and moved to a house on Toms Run, lived there less than 1 month and moved to Dennison St. Weston,WV

As far as them being "social" only info I get is Ralph hung aroung with "low lifes and drunks." I have been told by Lena that Ralph will take off and go on drinking binges at Vadis for 2 or 3 days at a time leaving Lena and kids at home.

Thank you for finding those answers Vickie. We're slowly getting an idea of what the home life may have been like.

Another question for you.

What is Lena's personality like? If Ralph does something she disapproves of, does she let him know it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeMi2019