WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much!:seeya: I have actually been reading for the last few days, but just trying to absorb it all before I stick my foot into my mouth!
BBM. Not to worry. If you do, you certainly won't be the first or the last. (I always say God gave me little feet because they fit so nicely in my big mouth!)

And Welcome Aboard!!! The snacks are kept over there>>>>> and the bathrooms are over there <<<<<.

Completely of topic but related to the dogs: Does it matter the manner in which they expire. Decomp is an organic process. Would the dogs pick up on a death by say, natural causes as fast as one in which body fluids were present?

Sarx, correct me if I'm wrong, but the K-9 I work with has past experience with cadaver dogs and told me it is actually the gasses from the decomp that is picked up on.

BBM. Not to worry. If you do, you certainly won't be the first or the last. (I always say God gave me little feet because they fit so nicely in my big mouth!)

And Welcome Aboard!!! The snacks are kept over there>>>>> and the bathrooms are over there <<<<<.

And the :countsheep: is up there ^ and it's time to go there when your signature makes me go WTF? :waitasec:

Totally petty... but this smiley... is not sweeping guys. :sweep: It should be the vac, vacuum, Hoover or Kirby smiley.
Or maybe it's like a pacifier/dummy and it's a different word everywhere. But then again... that'd be my OCD kicking in again I guess.

Okay... I'm done. :crazy: :bedtime:

Hello! I am new here. First post. I am nowhere near WV, never met anyone involved, but for some reason when I saw Aliayah's photo the week she disappeared I connected with her. There was something in her eyes. Something so familiar. It wasn't until I learned more of her story, her life that it made sense. We could be sisters. Her mom and mine were cut from the same cloth...right down to the welfare fraud.
It was my childhood that lead me to study criminal behavior. What makes people tick. It makes it easier to accept my own upbringing.
I find myself scouring the web several times a day to see if any new information is released. I cant seem to let this case go. I have so many questions and strong opinions on it. I am frustrated on the lack of attention the case is getting but sadly I dont think national attention will help. I think the answers are all quite close to home.

I hope we get answers soon. I also wanted to say I am so happy that Vickie has come forward. Sometimes the truth is not pretty but it must be spoken. Forthcoming information is not to embarrass those involved but find a baby. Its going to sting. You may have days that you feel guilty for sharing but just remember our secrets keep us sick. You are absolutely doing the right thing.

:goodpost: :Welcome1: :greetings:

Vicki, do you know if the area near where LL and RL lived before moving near the river has been searched?

Someone sent me this prayer, and as hopeless as I feel-sometimes praying is the best thing to do!

Jesus was lost in Jersalem and was found in the Temple. And Mary his mother said to him,

'My Child, why have you done this to us? See how worried your father and I have been, looking for you... He went down with them and came to Nazareth.' (Luke 2:48-51)

God our Father,
your Son Jesus Christ as a child
was lost in the chaos of a great city
and was restored to the love of his family;
watch over Aliayah , now missing, for whom we pray
and protect her with your love.
Be near to those who are anxious for her;
let your presence change their sorrow into comfort,
their anxiety into trust,
their despair into faith,
that they may know your loving purposes.
And this we ask
in the name of Jesus our Lord,
who loves and lives
and cares for all your children. Amen

(mods-if this is inappropriate -i understand if you delete it)

The boys were out most of the day "sleuthing". I just talked to them. I am sorry to report they didnt find much of anything that would help find Aliayah. And what they did find we agree isn't any help.

Vickie-I am happy they made it home, safe and sound. Is it possible for them to go and talk to LL's neighbor who was interviewed on the news, who said he had been outside ALL day and that LL or RL never mentioned Aliayah being missing, and ask HIM when the last time HE saw Aliayah?

Thanx for everything everyone is doing to help us find Aliayah.

...but I've been following this case since day 1. I live just over an hour south of Weston. I thought I'd post today's headline regarding LL:

11/08/2011

Mother of Missing Girl in Court

Elkins

The mother of a missing Lewis County girl is set to be arraigned in Elkins Tuesday on charges of federal fraud charges.

Lena Lunsford, 29, is facing six federal charges she illegally sold her food stamp benefits.

A grand jury indicted Lunsford last month.

Sarx, correct me if I'm wrong, but the K-9 I work with has past experience with cadaver dogs and told me it is actually the gasses from the decomp that is picked up on.

Pardon me for jumping in, but this is what I have read and heard as well and that there are not that many true cadaver dogs in this country and a lot of HRD dogs are cross trained. IMO, a properly trained cadaver dog does not hit on bandages, dirty diapers, or sanitary napkins.
The gases in the body do begin building up immediately after death, but experts say that they are not detectable even to a dog for at least 1 hour after death. I also learned from the Scott Peterson trial that a body will retain enough of a live scent for a short while after death, so that an ordinary tracking dog can hit on a very recently deceased person.

Pardon me for jumping in, but this is what I have read and heard as well and that there are not that many true cadaver dogs in this country and a lot of HRD dogs are cross trained. IMO, a properly trained cadaver dog does not hit on bandages, dirty diapers, or sanitary napkins.
The gases in the body do begin building up immediately after death, but experts say that they are not detectable even to a dog for at least 1 hour after death. I also learned from the Scott Peterson trial that a body will retain enough of a live scent for a short while after death, so that an ordinary tracking dog can hit on a very recently deceased person.

I just did a quick google search and it seems that HRD dogs do hit on things like blood, tissue, hair and bone so it could be quite plausible for them to hit on bandages, diapers and sanitary napkins.

Welcome Arabella83! Welcome to all of our new members. It so good to have you all with us!

Ima

:welcome::welcome4::welcome:

Vickie-I am happy they made it home, safe and sound. Is it possible for them to go and talk to LL's neighbor who was interviewed on the news, who said he had been outside ALL day and that LL or RL never mentioned Aliayah being missing, and ask HIM when the last time HE saw Aliayah?

on it

...but I've been following this case since day 1. I live just over an hour south of Weston. I thought I'd post today's headline regarding LL:

11/08/2011

Mother of Missing Girl in Court

Elkins

The mother of a missing Lewis County girl is set to be arraigned in Elkins Tuesday on charges of federal fraud charges.

Lena Lunsford, 29, is facing six federal charges she illegally sold her food stamp benefits.

A grand jury indicted Lunsford last month.

Welcome to the forum!

Anyone know if this is when she could be arrested and bail set? Any Family or Anyone local planning on going to the arraignment?

Welcome to all the new people!

Does anybody know what time LL is scheduled to be in court, today? There are rumors that she is in the hospital, so if she does not show up in court, that could why.

Welcome to all the new people!

Does anybody know what time LL is scheduled to be in court, today? There are rumors that she is in the hospital, so if she does not show up in court, that could why.

This article says arraignment set for 11 am. I also heard the same thing, that she is in labor. Maybe Vickie knows?

http://www.wvmetronews.com/news.cfm?func=displayfullstory&storyid=49068

ETA: Oh, just noticed this is the same article that SharedSpirit posted above. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya