WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard that rumor too, I really don't know if it is true, my bros. are really on the fence about it, we have talked a lot about it but so far have no proof.

Thank you Vickie. I had wanted to ask Randy about it a while back, but so many people were bashing him and being so down right nasty that I thought he might think I was being as well.

Thank you Vickie. I had wanted to ask Randy about it a while back, but so many people were bashing him and being so down right nasty that I thought he might think I was being as well.

you are welcome. and yes we have taken a lot of bashing, but we are not quitting until ALIAYAH is home.

I just watched the first video of LL and her mom in the interview. Its so puzzling to me. Even though its brief, its so bizarre. I wish I had the complete interview. She was very specific with the time she "checked on her" but not at all with the babies description, what she was wearing etc. She says others are "doing all they can." She unattached. Does anyone know if the complete interview is out there somewhere?

I think the thing that disturbed me the most about the interview is the fact that when she said We just want her home" she wouldn't even look at the camera, but rather looked away and stared down at the porch. Like she knew she was guilty of something.

you are welcome. and yes we have taken a lot of bashing, but we are not quitting until ALIAYAH is home.

Good! None of you should quit! I know that you are also getting a hard time from your sister over this as well, but at least somebody (You, Jesse and Randy) are showing that you care by doing what you are! This is destroying your family and, IMO, that is very wrong and very selfish on their parts because I am sorry, but I truly feel they have the answers that everyone seeks.:banghead:

im off to bed , good night all
hope i don't have nightmares about bathing now lol

Good night Aliayah, we will find you.
Dear Lord , please watch over our precious Aliayah and her brothers and sisters and the twin girls that are soon to be born. Please protect them and surround them with your love. Lord , I pray that you will guide someone to where Aliayah is and bring her home safely to those of us that love her so much. In Jesus name I pray . AMEN

I was so hoping today would be the day that Aliayah was found. I guess I was wrong again....Hoping that she is found soon, so that those that love her have some peace in their heart, and don't lose their faith.

Please don't give up on her, you are all she has. Take care and be good to each other! AND make sure that you give the ones you love -lots of hugs and kisses.

Look at all the new members from West Virginia. Isn't that wonderful. So much support for this missing little girl.

You're so right and that's '"West By God Virginia" .................:floorlaugh:

Welcome all the new WBGV's!:woohoo::great:

OOOPS forgot----
here is the case law on LLs Fraud Charges
one conspiracy
two through six
date- benefit paid cash paid
9/9 108.74 50.00
9/16 130.80 50.00
9/9 97.59 50.00
10/11 100.87 50.00
10/15 114.81 50.00

if such benefits are of a value of $100 or more, but less than $5,000, or if the item used, transferred, acquired, altered, or possessed is an [1] benefit that has a value of $100 or more, but less than $5,000, be guilty of a felony and shall, upon the first conviction thereof, be fined not more than $10,000 or imprisoned for not more than five years, or both, and, upon the second and any subsequent conviction thereof, shall be imprisoned for not less than six months nor more than five years and may also be fined not more than $10,000 or, if such benefits are of a value of less than $100, or if the item used, transferred, acquired, altered, or processed is an [1] benefit that has a value of less than $100, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor, and, upon the first conviction thereof, shall be fined not more than $1,000 or imprisoned for not more than one year, or both, and upon the second and any subsequent conviction thereof, shall be imprisoned for not more than one year and may also be fined not more than $1,000. In addition to such penalties, any person convicted of a felony or misdemeanor violation under this subsection may be suspended by the court from participation in the supplemental nutrition assistance program for an additional period of up to eighteen months consecutive to that period of suspension mandated by section 2015 (b)(1) of this title.
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/usc_sec_07_00002024----000-.html

Ok... I just went through and removed all the talk about 'bath salts' and the rumor about any drugs. Not allowed. Thanks

Ima

Normally when a child is removed from a home, do the parents have a say so if the child can go with a relative right away? I mean, do they ask the parents if there is a family member they can go to?

I know in some state if the parents say they don't want their children with a family member they will not be placed with them. It is from my understanding that even in cases like this they have to work as though the children will be return to the parents one day. Giving the children to family that the parents aren't close with could cause more problems between the children and the parents. So CPS would rather have them with foster families than to cause more problems and delay the reuniton of the parents and children.

So, when CPS took the children from the home on that Friday night in September, they did it with a court order?

Also, who starts the investigation to severe parental rights?

Thanks for all the advice. It's lovely to have someone that's knowledgeable on board.

I can answer this from an Illinois person who adopted my DD from foster care. It is a long process. My daughter was removed from her mothers care just after she turned 2. She bounced around foster homes for almost 2 years prior to being placed with us. She spent time with GMA but she was in poor health so they moved her to a couple of different placements with family friends. None of them wanted to or were capable of getting fully licensed as a foster home. She was placed with her brother into a loving foster home for 4 months but they did not want to adopt.

She was placed with us because they wanted a foster to adopt home but they decided to split her up from her brother because of his issues. The other 6 were in different placements-the oldest in prison, the next 3 in group homes and the youngest 4 in separate foster homes. Mom still had supervised visitation throughout the process, but missed a lot. Status hearings were set every 6 months. Our first one the judge chastised the agency for not being ready to proceed with TPR (termination of parental rights) and mom got 6 more months. Then the next court date it was determined to proceed to TPR. That is another process and is like a trial. That process took another 6 months until the court ruled for TPR of both parents. There was an appeal filed which took another couple months and mom lost. We then were able to start adoption proceedings which took another 6 months. We finalized her adoption just prior to 2 years with is and more than 3 1/2 years after her removal from the home. Her next oldest sib was also adopted. At this point the others (ages 7, 9, 15,17,18 and 20) are still waiting to be adopted. It is very unlikely any of them will.

The courts have failed all of these children. Unfortunately, there is not a line of people willing to adopt older children who all have behavioral issues and sadly, being African American doesn't help either.

The twins here will not have a problem if they are born healthy. The younger children may have a chance but the older children will really have a tough time and it will get harder as time goes on and they get older.

Disclaimer-I am in Illinois and this is all JMO

My DD was allowed visitation among the siblings and mom 1-2 times per month. Case workers organized it and it was all supervised. It was sporadic as some kids couldn't make it for one reason or another so it was hardly ever all of them. Mom sometimes made it and sometimes didn't. She would also say mean things to my DD but we had to suck it up. Once rights are terminated no more visits. We can decide to let her see sibs and mom if we want but have chosen not to for the best interests of my DD. Visits were always ultimately painful and she would act out terribly after each one. Her adoption was almost one year ago and she is doing absolutely fantastic.

Without making myself look like more of a nutjob here, I have been dreaming at least three night a week about her. I guess my brain doesnt shut off. Shes always on my mind. In general I go into things unbiased. I weigh the facts. I am completely incapable with her. Ive never been so angry with a stranger in my life. LLs face infuriates me. I hate myself for feeling that way.

ClassyT, you're not a nut job! Its called PURE Compassion for this beautiful baby girl. Hurt for what has happened to her. Love for an innocent child who is missing. Anger isn't always a bad thing. Its what we do with that anger that makes a difference.

Sharing our thoughs and feelings with others, trying to help in whatever way we can, coming together with our fears, our anger, our hope. That's what we have to hold on to and yes tears........ I've cried many over Aliayah.

Thanks for sharing with us.........I'm right there with you!

Hi, I'm a brand-new member w/first post. W/full moon of the 10th I was totally expecting LL to go into labor so I doubt if this is one of the "pretend" ones. lol Some are posting theories - mine is that SUPPOSEDLY LL & RL were "partying" the night of 9/23. I'll bet little Aliayah got hold of some "substance" & ODd & LL had to come up w/something since she didn't want to deal w/LE any more.

Also - supposedly the FIRST encounter of selling the FS was on 9/9 which is BEFORE little Aliayah went "missing". So LE was watching her ahead of time. Too bad they didn't have eyes on her whenever little Aliayah went "missing". Just MHO

:welcome2::newbie: Welcome to WS glad you joined!

Thanks for a great first post!

I noticed a SBG, 28 yrs. old indicted for 5 counts of using an access device. Could this be the person that LL gave her SNAP card to?

No, that person is unrelated to the case. I am aware of the details and they are not even close.

So, when CPS took the children from the home on that Friday night in September, they did it with a court order?

Also, who starts the investigation to severe parental rights?

Thanks for all the advice. It's lovely to have someone that's knowledgeable on board.

There is a sealed petition which covers this case and it was handled by the Lewis County Magistrate. I have no knowledge as to the reason given in the petition.

By law, CPS could have taken the children at any time, but then the clock starts running, giving CPS only 72 hours to deliver the petition to the court.

DHHR/CPS initiates the investigation, along with input from LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member