WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All but 2....Aliayah and a little boy.
I'm wondering if the little boy is still under CPS care or if he's been turned over to his father's care.

His father was arrested not to long ago & is probably still in prison.

Has any LE officer said that family is not cooperating? That is different than family not speaking to the media.

I really doubt RL wants anything to do with the kids. Hard to be antisocial & sit on the porch drinking beer with children who need attended to.

Generally no. That is for non-relatives. In some cases the child has already been placed in temporary care of the family member with the evals happen. But like I said every state does it different and every case for that matter.

Normally when a child is removed from a home, do the parents have a say so if the child can go with a relative right away? I mean, do they ask the parents if there is a family member they can go to?

When children are seperated by different foster homes, are the children brought to visit each other?

There is another case I'm following in WV where the children were removed and one of the children is on facebook talking to other family members. I was surprised that was allowed. This was not a family placement either.

I think it is the judges discretion. Depends on what his prior charges were, what the current investigation digs up, and if he even wants them. Are they his biological children?

RL is a felon, attacked his niece with an axe. Went to prison for it.

while I didn't read all 203 pages, and just skimmed.....
If I'm understanding this correctly, the twins will go into a foster home after birth. If a family member wants custody they would have to go through the procedure of becoming foster parents first....and then petition to have the children in their care?

Don't know about WV but in Illinois they will take a non licensed family member before foster home. They would then work out the licensing as they go on. My daughter was in several "family" placements who ended up not wanting to go the distance before ending up with us. I say that in quotes because the "family" members were actually just friends of the family and not blood.

I think the recent charges brought against LL are evidence that she is less than forthcoming in the investigation. Speculation, obviously.

The system really tries to keep kids together and family contact flowing. Families do get visits, and communication. The ultimate goal in most cases is to reunite the family. In cases like these when no parent is really capable placement with family is the first option. It goes other parent (in divorce), grandparents, aunt, uncles, adult siblings and fans out from there. God parents and close friends can also be considered. Its all hinged on what is best for the kids. Some states do allow the parents to make their "pick" but obviously they have to be evaluated as per the norm.

I think the recent charges brought against LL are evidence that she is less than forthcoming in the investigation. Speculation, obviously.

The system really tries to keep kids together and family contact flowing. Families do get visits, and communication. The ultimate goal in most cases is to reunite the family. In cases like these when no parent is really capable placement with family is the first option. It goes other parent (in divorce), grandparents, aunt, uncles, adult siblings and fans out from there. God parents and close friends can also be considered. Its all hinged on what is best for the kids. Some states do allow the parents to make their "pick" but obviously they have to be evaluated as per the norm.

Thank you for answering our questions. For those of us who have never dealt with the system....it can be very confusing.

Vickie,

In the beginning (right after Aliayah's disappearance) there was a rumor going around that this wasn't the first time a child had disappeared from the home. Would you know what was meant by this or if there was any truth behind it? I know there have been many rumors, half truths and lies since this all began, but for some reason this has stuck in my mind.

I heard that rumor too, I really don't know if it is true, my bros. are really on the fence about it, we have talked a lot about it but so far have no proof.

At what point does the state step in and say: Enough of your antics, these children are going to be put up for adoption.

I know there are circumstances where the state makes the determination, but don't know what the particular circumstances need to be for the state to do it.

It seems to me that LL & RL have reached the crisis point with their kids. RL doesn't even work anymore, how can he support them? What with federal charges looming over LL life, how is she going to be a support & mother to them?

I heard that rumor too, I really don't know if it is true, my bros. are really on the fence about it, we have talked a lot about it but so far have no proof.

Wait.....this would have been a child that was found right? There's not another one missing still?

Hi, I'm a brand-new member w/first post. W/full moon of the 10th I was totally expecting LL to go into labor so I doubt if this is one of the "pretend" ones. lol Some are posting theories - mine is that SUPPOSEDLY LL & RL were "partying" the night of 9/23. I'll bet little Aliayah got hold of some "substance" & ODd & LL had to come up w/something since she didn't want to deal w/LE any more.

Also - supposedly the FIRST encounter of selling the FS was on 9/9 which is BEFORE little Aliayah went "missing". So LE was watching her ahead of time. Too bad they didn't have eyes on her whenever little Aliayah went "missing". Just MHO

At what point does the state step in and say: Enough of your antics, these children are going to be put up for adoption.

I know there are circumstances where the state makes the determination, but don't know what the particular circumstances need to be for the state to do it.

It seems to me that LL & RL have reached the crisis point with their kids. RL doesn't even work anymore, how can he support them? What with federal charges looming over LL life, how is she going to be a support & mother to them?

Its pretty hard. An investigation has to be done and if a preponderance of evidence they can file a petition to severe parental rights but a judge still has to approve it. CPS cant arrest or charge people. They do the work but only by court order.

Hi, I'm a brand-new member w/first post. W/full moon of the 10th I was totally expecting LL to go into labor so I doubt if this is one of the "pretend" ones. lol Some are posting theories - mine is that SUPPOSEDLY LL & RL were "partying" the night of 9/23. I'll bet little Aliayah got hold of some "substance" & ODd & LL had to come up w/something since she didn't want to deal w/LE any more.

Also - supposedly the FIRST encounter of selling the FS was on 9/9 which is BEFORE little Aliayah went "missing". So LE was watching her ahead of time. Too bad they didn't have eyes on her whenever little Aliayah went "missing". Just MHO

:wagon:

Has any LE officer said that family is not cooperating? That is different than family not speaking to the media.

I really doubt RL wants anything to do with the kids. Hard to be antisocial & sit on the porch drinking beer with children who need attended to.

part 1) yes, Lena & Ralph

part 2) I doubt he would want them , he leaves Lena and kids for days at a time to go on binges

Vickie- Is Joann just mad at you or is she mad at you and your brothers also?

Welcome to our little forum! I don't think LL was on the Feds radar till Aliyah went missing and was then being watched continuously. LE noticed one instance of her accomplice using the card and requested video as far back as they could find.

They're both know for using "substances", so it wouldn't surprise me it that was a factor.

All but 2....Aliayah and a little boy.
I'm wondering if the little boy is still under CPS care or if he's been turned over to his father's care.

Have we confirmed who the Father of the twins is?

Wait.....this would have been a child that was found right? There's not another one missing still?

The rumor we heard was that one of the older girls was taken and held hostage for a small drug debt. however we have found no truth to this and consider it a rumor. I am sure LE has checked it out.

Its pretty hard. An investigation has to be done and if a preponderance of evidence they can file a petition to severe parental rights but a judge still has to approve it. CPS cant arrest or charge people. They do the work but only by court order.

what happens if the parent is sent to jail for a long time? Do the kids just stay in the system until they're 18 or can they be adopted out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member