WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://wvgazette.com/News/policeblotter
ELKINS, W.Va. -- The mother of a 3-year-old Lewis County girl missing for more than six weeks has pleaded innocent to federal charges of welfare fraud.
Twenty-nine-year-old Lena Lunsford waived her right to appear in U.S. District Court in Elkins today. Her public defender entered the plea for her.

Lunsford's daughter Aliayah vanished from the family home near Bendale Sept. 24. Investigators are treating the disappearance as a crime but have made no arrests and named no suspects.

The mother was indicted last week on charges of swapping credits on her food stamp card for $50 cash five times in two months. She faces more than 10 years in prison if convicted.

With all due respect to Mr. Kornbrath, I think I'll wait for the birth announcement. This woman has reportedly been in and out of labor for over a month now. I call BS til I know otherwise. That whole labor excuse has been used waaaay too often inthis case IMO.

Waittttttttt my advisor did tell me three day before, three days after a full moon!! November 10, 2010 --next full moon!! But I will wait with you -I don't trust either LL or her attorney!

Maybe its just me but, the fraud charges are a means to put the pressure on her for information. Its still against the law but so minor in contrast to a child missing under suspicious circumstances. I am excited for her babies to be born...then removed by CPS. Maybe a bout of baby blues/PPD will get the best of her. Regardless the kids will finally be safe. Yes, I have every confidence she is involved. I am willing to eat my shoe if we find out otherwise.

Maybe its just me but, the fraud charges are a means to put the pressure on her for information. Its still against the law but so minor in contrast to a child missing under suspicious circumstances. I am excited for her babies to be born...then removed by CPS. Maybe a bout of baby blues/PPD will get the best of her. Regardless the kids will finally be safe. Yes, I have every confidence she is involved. I am willing to eat my shoe if we find out otherwise.

She might have gotten away with it (and may have in the past) except for the FBI & LE keeping an eye on her 24/7. She shouldn't be allowed to get away with defrauding her own kids & us, the tax payers that contribute to keeping her family fed.

Four pages back someone asked for theories. My theory is that Lena hit her in a fit of rage the night before and left her lay there. She didnt die right away but slowly from internal injuries. The sister said she was in bed in the AM because she was, near death. When her mom went to check on her she expired. She panicked and put her in the car when the others were reportedly in her bedroom watching tv. She then did the dramatic "my baby is missing. Loaded the kids in the car, pretended to run out of gas long enough to send her kids out of sight to do a switcheroo with another party or possibly disposed of her alone. She went into labor shortly after. Heavy lifting can cause preterm labor. Hate to say it but its not going to have a happy ending. My only hope is that she is found and properly laid to rest.

I watched it, too, Vickie, and you did fine. I don't see a link to the video on WCHS's website yet. It's www.wchstv.com if anyone else wants to check.

Four pages back someone asked for theories. My theory is that Lena hit her in a fit of rage the night before and left her lay there. She didnt die right away but slowly from internal injuries. The sister said she was in bed in the AM because she was, near death. When her mom went to check on her she expired. She panicked and put her in the car when the others were reportedly in her bedroom watching tv. She then did the dramatic "my baby is missing. Loaded the kids in the car, pretended to run out of gas long enough to send her kids out of sight to do a switcheroo with another party or possibly disposed of her alone. She went into labor shortly after. Heavy lifting can cause preterm labor. Hate to say it but its not going to have a happy ending. My only hope is that she is found and properly laid to rest.

I don't know who hit her - but (insert IMO) someone did. I expect when they find her body (which may never happen - Pluto being retro) she'll have a skull fracture.

For heavens sake - what person in their right mind would drive around for 2+ hours in her circumstance. I'll tell you who - someone that needs TIME to think it through. Kyron Horman's case comes to mind. The infamous (now -living in seclusion & has lost everything) TH did the exact same thing. Took a two hour ride to calm her baby. Bah humbug!

I disagree with you ClassyT, I think the babies should be placed with some family, the first few days in a childs life are so important to form a bond with their mother/care giver. I don't like the idea of new babies being passed around from place to place. They need a bond as much as a parent does.

I don't know who hit her - but (insert IMO) someone did. I expect when they find her body (which may never happen - Pluto being retro) she'll have a skull fracture.

For heavens sake - what person in their right mind would drive around for 2+ hours in her circumstance. I'll tell you who - someone that needs TIME to think it through. Kyron Horman's case comes to mind. The infamous (now -living in seclusion & has lost everything) TH did the exact same thing. Took a two hour ride to calm her baby. Bah humbug!

Without making myself look like more of a nutjob here, I have been dreaming at least three night a week about her. I guess my brain doesnt shut off. Shes always on my mind. In general I go into things unbiased. I weigh the facts. I am completely incapable with her. Ive never been so angry with a stranger in my life. LLs face infuriates me. I hate myself for feeling that way.

are you sure , i was so nervous, i bout peed my pants lol

You were wonderful!!! ----I am so proud of you!! I would be nervous also-BUT ---sometimes we have to step out of our comfort zones -and you have done just that my friend!

I disagree with you ClassyT, I think the babies should be placed with some family, the first few days in a childs life are so important to form a bond with their mother/care giver. I don't like the idea of new babies being passed around from place to place. They need a bond as much as a parent does.

Vickie, unfortunately the rest of her children never got that luxury. Why start now? The children need stability regardless of where they are placed. From the outside looking in, your entire family is at odds. Grandma is too distraught to even help or talk to you since you came forward. Mom is...eh...well... Who knows who dad is and everyone is emotional spent. Blood doesnt mean best placement. If everyone is evaluated and found fit, then absolutely. Family is best. But these kids have been tossed around, moved from place to place their whole life. It took one going missing for anyone to take a stand.

As a forgotten child myself. I am mad as hell for these kids. I apologize for my candor but where was anyone before now?

Without making myself look like more of a nutjob here, I have been dreaming at least three night a week about her. I guess my brain doesnt shut off. Shes always on my mind. In general I go into things unbiased. I weigh the facts. I am completely incapable with her. Ive never been so angry with a stranger in my life. LLs face infuriates me. I hate myself for feeling that way.

You don't look like a nutjob. I dream about her too. I am thinking about that sweet little face all the time. Don't hate yourself for being so angry, it just means that you care about Aliayah. You just don't understand how anyone could do this.

:rose:

A lot of us feel the same way. I check her status 10 times a day.

I get obsessed with certain cases too and can't seem to let go. Expecially with the under-privileged kids who have a tough row to hoe in this life and with a parent like LL & no father. Two career criminals for role models. Geez...I can't even imagine.

A lot of us feel the same way. I check her status 10 times a day.

I get obsessed with certain cases too and can't seem to let go. Expecially with the under-privileged kids who have a tough row to hoe in this life and with a parent like LL & no father. Two career criminals for role models. Geez...I can't even imagine.

I lied. Casey Anthony makes me feel the same way. I am so frustrated right now because the cases of missing children in the news lately all have a history of abuse/CPS investigations and shady parents. It wasnt like an out of the blue, random baby snatching. Aliayah Lunsford, Jahessye Shockley, Sky Metalwala these kids already had such a hard little life and then this?! I wonder why family, friends, neighbors ANYONE didn't intervene.

I read a comment that someone said "they were always clean" My kids are well taken care of and generally dirty as heck. When people say there were no signs of anything wrong it leads me to believe they must find the way she was living acceptable. In that case they shouldn't have the kids.

Being poor doesnt make you a bad parent but not speaking up when you see something that is off makes you a bad person. You suck at life. I hear the excuse "it wasnt my place. Not my business." The health and welfare of every child we come in contact with in our lives IS our business. Its why we are here.

I hate to say this, but I honestly hope CPS is not considering placing the twins with Grandma Joann at this time. She has claimed she is too distraught to even speak for Aliayah or go through pictures. She would be in no condition to tend to newborn twins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marytb