WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say this, but I honestly hope CPS is not considering placing the twins with Grandma Joann at this time. She has claimed she is too distraught to even speak for Aliayah or go through pictures. She would be in no condition to tend to newborn twins.

I agree. She is way too distraught to search for Aliayah, no way could she care for newborns.

I hate to say this, but I honestly hope CPS is not considering placing the twins with Grandma Joann at this time. She has claimed she is too distraught to even speak for Aliayah or go through pictures. She would be in no condition to tend to newborn twins.

I hate it that I have to agree wit you, however there are others in the family that would take them , including myself. I just hate to see them passed from here to there,i feel the same about all the children, especially new borns.

I disagree with you ClassyT, I think the babies should be placed with some family, the first few days in a childs life are so important to form a bond with their mother/care giver. I don't like the idea of new babies being passed around from place to place. They need a bond as much as a parent does.

Do you have a room ready for them? :)

I agree. She is way too distraught to search for Aliayah, no way could she care for newborns.

the physically not searching doesn't bother me as much as the total silence from her.
There are so many things she could be doing......but for some reason she chooses not to. IMO

I'm on the fence about her reaction to the case. Typically as a mama badger we get in the offensive mode. Wearing ourselves out searching high and low for our young. Her reaction to me says one more of guilt. Not for any involvement in her disappearance, but one of knowing her daughter was unfit, knowing she probably did it and not being able to live with herself over it. It makes my heart hurt for her. You want to believe your child is good.

question for someone with CPS knowledge.......if Ralph turns out to be uninvolved in any of this.....would he get custody of all his children? does his past criminal record come into any play?

the physically not searching doesn't bother me as much as the total silence from her.
There are so many things she could be doing......but for some reason she chooses not to. IMO

Oh no--i didn't mean search in the hills...but speaking out for Aliayah...helping AV and Tina-...things like that!!

question for someone with CPS knowledge.......if Ralph turns out to be uninvolved in any of this.....would he get custody of all his children? does his past criminal record come into any play?

I think it is the judges discretion. Depends on what his prior charges were, what the current investigation digs up, and if he even wants them. Are they his biological children?

I think it is the judges discretion. Depends on what his prior charges were, what the current investigation digs up, and if he even wants them. Are they his biological children?

All but 2....Aliayah and a little boy.
I'm wondering if the little boy is still under CPS care or if he's been turned over to his father's care.

With all due respect Vickie, its probably not going to happen. You are a great aunt who hadnt even seen the other children. Family placement is generally immediate family who have an established relationship with the child/children. A full assessment will be done. With the family basically not cooperating with the current investigation my guess is there will not even be a option for family. Your motives will be scrutinized.

All states have their own procedure and policy. This is WVs. It will be your bible.http://www.wvdhhr.org/bcf/children_adult/cps/policy/CPSPolicy7_10_08_1.pdf

while I didn't read all 203 pages, and just skimmed.....
If I'm understanding this correctly, the twins will go into a foster home after birth. If a family member wants custody they would have to go through the procedure of becoming foster parents first....and then petition to have the children in their care?

With all due respect Vickie, its probably not going to happen. You are a great aunt who hadnt even seen the other children. Family placement is generally immediate family who have an established relationship with the child/children. A full assessment will be done. With the family basically not cooperating with the current investigation my guess is there will not even be a option for family. Your motives will be scrutinized.

I'm afraid you are probably right. And the odds of finding a foster family that can take all of the children together isn't very good either. My heart breaks for all of them.

Vickie,

In the beginning (right after Aliayah's disappearance) there was a rumor going around that this wasn't the first time a child had disappeared from the home. Would you know what was meant by this or if there was any truth behind it? I know there have been many rumors, half truths and lies since this all began, but for some reason this has stuck in my mind.

Typically if placement were possible with family it would have been done by now. If family members want to be considered they should contact the case worker. The fact that they have been in non-relative care for this amount of time does raise a few questions in my mind. There is a very good reason. Family placement is always the first route. Keeping the kids together is a biggie.

I'm afraid you are probably right. And the odds of finding a foster family that can take all of the children together isn't very good either. My heart breaks for all of them.

Yes, unfortunately, there is a lack of foster houses in our state. I doubt there are any with enough room to accommodate them all and that is really sad because I can only imagine what they are going through right now. The oldest two have especially stuck in my mind.

while I didn't read all 203 pages, and just skimmed.....
If I'm understanding this correctly, the twins will go into a foster home after birth. If a family member wants custody they would have to go through the procedure of becoming foster parents first....and then petition to have the children in their care?

Generally no. That is for non-relatives. In some cases the child has already been placed in temporary care of the family member with the evals happen. But like I said every state does it different and every case for that matter.

But don't let that stop you from trying Vickie. You just never know what they could decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member