WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FBI: New Aliayah Lunsford Poster Delayed
http://www.wboy.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=111495
The FBI also said it would have a new poster to present this week. But Special Agent Jeff Killeen said Wednesday the new poster has been delayed because of procedural issues. He said it will have an updated photo of Aliayah.

He expected to have it ready next week and hopes that will lead to more tips.

Sad to hear about the delay in issuing the new missing flyer-hope the issues get taken care of ASAP!

http://www.westondemocrat.com/news.html
As of press time, there was no word on if offering the reward had provided any new information in the case.

Nothing new, just lists the charges and penalties again. (But I am still enjoying reading those indictments!)

The FBI also said it would have a new poster to present this week. But Special Agent Jeff Killeen said Wednesday the new poster has been delayed because of procedural issues. He said it will have an updated photo of Aliayah.

What is going on with this picture? I have never heard of LE having such a hard time releasing a picture of a missing child. What "procedural issues". I just can't think of anything that they could be talking about. They are acting like the picture is some huge top secret material that has to have the highest security clearance. It's a picture and should have been released immediately.

What is going on with this picture? I have never heard of LE having such a hard time releasing a picture of a missing child. What "procedural issues". I just can't think of anything that they could be talking about. They are acting like the picture is some huge top secret material that has to have the highest security clearance. It's a picture and should have been released immediately.

I'm with you what is so hard about releasing a picture. If other kids are in the picture then blurr them out. I thinkj everyone of us that has a computer can do that. Doesn't the FBI suppost to have better computers than us. JMO

I have the same question? :waitasec:
Would copyright issues be involved in a family's picture of their own child?

only copyright issue I can imagine is if it were a portrait (professional photog) and I doubt highly that is the case with this photo.

I am with all of you, puzzled and frustrated by this delay which makes no sense.

Someone asked earlier about the rumor of one of the older children being held for a drug debt. I don't think this was confirmed that it really happen. But I was just thinking if this could be the case with Aliayah. What if she was taking for a drug debt that RL and LL may owe. I'm sure that either one of them would want to say to the LEs that Aliayah is being held until they pay a debt they may owe them. Maybe LL thought calling the police would scare the ppl that have her and they would let her go. However instead of doing that maybe they are holding Aliayah till LL and RL can come up with the money they owe them......I just throwing out ideas....JMO of what could have happen..

copyright only falls into play if they are professionally done photographs. Somehow I don't see Lena spending too much time at a photo studio.

oops....tlcox said the same thing

copyright only falls into play if they are professionally done photographs. Somehow I don't see Lena spending too much time at a photo studio.

oops....tlcox said the same thing

I really dont think the FBI would give a rats butt about a copyright. I think they know what has happened and are waiting for her to have these babies so they can put the pressure on her and stop paying cherades(SP). JMHO

Vickie and Tina, do you have any insights as to what is so special about this picture that the FBI is waiting to release it?

like minds lynn. lol. Yeah, the fact that there are few photos of Aliayah that were made available would tend to support the idea that there is no recent "professionally" done photo of her, so that cannot be the holdup on this new flyer with new photo.

Besides, even if by some remote chance a professional photographer had taken the photo, I doubt very much that a photographer would hold up the works in such a case as this, where a child is missing and presumed in serious danger.

Even if you take into account the all too normal "greed" factor that seems to affect so many people when loosely associated in some way with a newsworthy case, I don't see a photographer not allowing the photo to be reproduced, because even if the photographer were of the greedy variety, they could stil make money of the fact that their path crossed that of Aliayah by giving paid interviews about the photo shoot etc.

Vickie and Tina, do you have any insights as to what is so special about this picture that the FBI is waiting to release it?

Thats one of the same questions I have. What is the problem with the picture. If another child is in the picture I understand that. Blurr out the child I can do that on my home computer. I'm sure the FBI guys can do a much better job than I can. I just seems like this case keeps going in circles. I don't mean to be mean but I have never in my life seen a case handled in this way. With the Susan Smith case the cops thought it was her that had something to do with it in the start. However there was people out on horse back searching, divers was in the lake, cars like hers was being pulled over, people were out searching. That crazy lady still came on the news begging for her boys. But mean while the cops were questioning her. Pictures was sent out. Why isn't any of this happening with Aliayah. She has got to be somewhere. She didn't drop off the face of the earth. Prego or not haul her butt in everyday and question her until she spills the beans. Everybody know she has to know something. :maddening:

Thank you, CJMAJORGIRL24 for posting the link to Vickie Bowen's appearance on WCHS. I can see and hear the anguish in her eyes and voice as she talks about Aliayah, and I think we can all relate to the emotions even as we follow the case from afar. I'm hoping that if there *was* a conspiracy between two or more people involved in this tragedy, that somebody will, maybe for the first time in a looooooong time, do the right thing and tell LE something that can return Aliayah to the ones that truly love her.

Mountainlover, you are most welcome!! Anything I can do to help!! Just holler:)

Thats one of the same questions I have. What is the problem with the picture. If another child is in the picture I understand that. Blurr out the child I can do that on my home computer. I'm sure the FBI guys can do a much better job than I can. I just seems like this case keeps going in circles. I don't mean to be mean but I have never in my life seen a case handled in this way. With the Susan Smith case the cops thought it was her that had something to do with it in the start. However there was people out on horse back searching, divers was in the lake, cars like hers was being pulled over, people were out searching. That crazy lady still came on the news begging for her boys. But mean while the cops were questioning her. Pictures was sent out. Why isn't any of this happening with Aliayah. She has got to be somewhere. She didn't drop off the face of the earth. Prego or not haul her butt in everyday and question her until she spills the beans. Everybody know she has to know something. :maddening:

Perhaps it isn't the picture itself that's holding up the release, but internal debates and pressures. Perhaps they're holding off until they can officially name someone specific as a "person of interest", perhaps circulating the flyers with that person's likeness as well. There are a number of reasons I can think of that they might want to wait a little bit longer if that's the case.

I know that in state court, people can purchase transcripts of hearings...on tape in my county. I wonder if the federal courts are the same? Maybe one of the media outlets will get a copy.

I think the local media are being much more careful because they are out of their league.

Yep, they are online ---- on PACER, but I don't the authority to search for them (and I am skeered of the FG) :(

IMO the only reason they are dragging their feet is that they must know exactly where Aliayah is-and they are just taking their time getting their ducks in a row before charging?!?!?

Perhaps it isn't the picture itself that's holding up the release, but internal debates and pressures. Perhaps they're holding off until they can officially name someone specific as a "person of interest", perhaps circulating the flyers with that person's likeness as well. There are a number of reasons I can think of that they might want to wait a little bit longer if that's the case.

That I understand. But I guess I'm still just thinking the sooner something is done the better. Everyday that goes by the less likely this case will have a happy ending. In my opinion I would think it would be smarter to allow the flyer to go out with the updated picture of Aliayah on it. Then when they have a POI they could then redo the flyer. I think it would be better to have a newer picture of out than one that is old whether it had the POI on it or not.:twocents:

Someone asked earlier about the rumor of one of the older children being held for a drug debt. I don't think this was confirmed that it really happen. But I was just thinking if this could be the case with Aliayah. What if she was taking for a drug debt that RL and LL may owe. I'm sure that either one of them would want to say to the LEs that Aliayah is being held until they pay a debt they may owe them. Maybe LL thought calling the police would scare the ppl that have her and they would let her go. However instead of doing that maybe they are holding Aliayah till LL and RL can come up with the money they owe them......I just throwing out ideas....JMO of what could have happen..

One never knows, I guess LL could have sold the food stamps to get money to pay the debt. But once Aliayah was missing, why not ask someone for the money? Why allow the situation to continue and traumatize a child?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member