WV WV - Bath, WhtFem 30-35, 512UFWV, hysterectomy, permed red hair, May'50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
View attachment 100745

Did a rough reconstruction of this Jane Doe. It's not the best quality, but I was surprised how recognizable she was and that nobody ever gave her a recon.
I just noticed this and I think it looks great! Thank you Gourami! How did I miss this!? Looks to me like she had painted her eyebrows to make a high round arch. Looks like the right eyebrow has been partly erased.

Last edited:
I just noticed this and I think it looks great! Thank you Gourami! How did I miss this!? Looks to me like she had painted her eyebrows to make a high round arch. Looks like the right eyebrow has been partly erased.

I've actually since revised it.

latest

Juda Jackson Merriman reported missing May 1949 from Detroit Michigan. Can't find anything recent about her.
There's a slight resemblance, if only I could find a photo of her looking straight at the camera. I think the age might rule her out though, she was only 17, but, she was married. She was living in Chattanooga and planned to return to Michigan.

Attachments

• 20200422_202443.jpg
    20200422_202443.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 13
Juda Jackson Merriman reported missing May 1949 from Detroit Michigan. Can't find anything recent about her.
There's a slight resemblance, if only I could find a photo of her looking straight at the camera. I think the age might rule her out though, she was only 17, but, she was married. She was living in Chattanooga and planned to return to Michigan.
I definitely see a resemblance, and I don't have a lot of confidence in the guessed age as it is.

I still find Marie Bertha Tidd Newella good possibility.
From what I could find on genealogy sites she had family in WV,
She also left her children and husband in Zanesville, Ohio.
although the timing is off I still think it could be her.
She had ten children!

Interesting case.
In the US, only 2% are natural redheads like this gal. Ohio ranks #3 in US for redheads.

The lead from the bus driver sounds most likely. If she were left on the road in the wee hours of the morning as he reported, she likely accepted a ride that proved fatal.

I think she is likely the redhead from Columbus, Ohio as the bus driver stated. He also said she had been traveling with an elderly woman. Sounds like she was accompanying an elder back home somewhere.

This gal looks so Italian to me, but the red hair refuted that. Further, Columbus has a high percentage of Irish origin citizens at 11%, only outranked by Germans at 19%.

All data sources from city data and google research.

amateur opinion and speculation

Interesting case.
In the US, only 2% are natural redheads like this gal. Ohio ranks #3 in US for redheads.

The lead from the bus driver sounds most likely. If she were left on the road in the wee hours of the morning as he reported, she likely accepted a ride that proved fatal.

I think she is likely the redhead from Columbus, Ohio as the bus driver stated. He also said she had been traveling with an elderly woman. Sounds like she was accompanying an elder back home somewhere.

This gal looks so Italian to me, but the red hair refuted that. Further, Columbus has a high percentage of Irish origin citizens at 11%, only outranked by Germans at 19%.

All data sources from city data and google research.

amateur opinion and speculation

I have naturally red hair but I'm half south German. Most of my family has olive skin and brown or black hair, almost Spanish or Italian looking. I have similar facial features but obviously a completely different complexion. I agree that she looks Italian as well, and her having red hair doesn't immediately disprove that. My mom has some Irish ancestry but is also a brunette, so I would have needed to get the trait for red hair from both parents. So obviously there's more redheads somewhere on my dad's side of the family!

I was looking through missing persons again to see if anyone really stood out as being a possible match to Jane Doe. I read through Leila's information, and I'm wondering if this could be her? Their stats are similar enough other than the hair color. They have similar face shapes, both brows look "painted on" (although possibly different shapes) they have similar hairlines, and chins. I guess for this to even be possible, that'd mean there was still a young girl unaccounted for.

*FWIW, I used the post mortem image attached to NamUs to compare. I think there is slightly less eyelid space than what is portrayed in the "open-eyed" recon.

2693DFNC - Leila Lewis Bryan
LBryan1.jpg
512UFWV1_LARGE.jpg
LBryan.jpg

I was searching through old FBI missing person files looking for a match to another doe (Blackhawk Jane Doe) and found this woman, Clydie Nora Woodall. I cannot fathom why she would be in West Virginia, but she somewhat reminds me of Bath Jane Doe. I can't find any record of her after this bulletin, however.
Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 12.59.58 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 1.00.14 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 12.57.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 12.57.10 AM.png
    432.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I was searching through old FBI missing person files looking for a match to another doe (Blackhawk Jane Doe) and found this woman, Clydie Nora Woodall. I cannot fathom why she would be in West Virginia, but she strongly reminds me of Bath Jane Doe. I can't find any record of her after this bulletin, however.
View attachment 282708 View attachment 282709
Hmmm. I can kind of see it. Couldn’t hurt to submit, considering how few women fitting this description are reported missing (publicly) from this time.

P.S. Where are you finding these FBI MP files? I know I’ve seen them on other threads, but I can’t recall. :confused:

Hmmm. I can kind of see it. Couldn’t hurt to submit, considering how few women fitting this description are reported missing (publicly) from this time.

P.S. Where are you finding these FBI MP files? I know I’ve seen them on other threads, but I can’t recall. :confused:
I had googled someone's name and a Google Books book of the FBI bulletin came up. I can't speak to how others are finding them. I'm going to see if I can find any more info on this woman before submitting, however.

I read through the thread and I don't believe this has been mentioned
She's not on the rule out list

Attachments

• img.jpeg
    img.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 6
I read through the thread and I don't believe this has been mentioned
She's not on the rule out list
I couldn't find Hallie Mae Cobb on NamUs or DoeNetwork. I wonder what became of her.

I couldn't find Hallie Mae Cobb on NamUs or DoeNetwork. I wonder what became of her.
This is my first post on here, have been reading along for years.

I was doing some digging and found an article that referenced Hallie Mae Cobb, and it said that she had returned home. It is quite the interesting read.

Apparently her husband shot himself while she was missing. He recovered and she came home. This article isn’t even about them though. Crazy enough another man shot himself and was found with newspaper clippings about Hallie Mae’s disappearance?!

Evening star. [volume] (Washington, D.C.) 1854-1972, July 13, 1950, Image 31

This is my first post on here, have been reading along for years.

I was doing some digging and found an article that referenced Hallie Mae Cobb, and it said that she had returned home. It is quite the interesting read.

Apparently her husband shot himself while she was missing. He recovered and she came home. This article isn’t even about them though. Crazy enough another man shot himself and was found with newspaper clippings about Hallie Mae’s disappearance?!

Evening star. [volume] (Washington, D.C.) 1854-1972, July 13, 1950, Image 31
OMG, what a bizarre story! Thank you for posting and welcome to WS, @eatcraftsleep :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee
Back