GUILTY WV - Emmaleigh Barringer, 10 months, dies after brutal rape, Ripley, 3 Oct 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yea I get it. I went back yesterday try to find those posts...gave up real quick and have decided not to go back. Too much darkness and I don't like that this crime has made me go to the darkside with my thoughts....thoughts on punishments to this . I am a non violent person....in this case though I don't believe any punishment meted out could be sufficient.

Me too. I was single for 13 years w two sons and I very rarely mingled my single and mom life.

my kids are adults now, but when they were young (i left their dad when they were 4 and 7) i did date, but only on the days when they were with their dad. they only met one boyfriend i had, and we were engaged (didn't work out but... oh well). i did meet a few guys off the internet, but NEVER put that i had children. i noticed benjamin had a lot of facebook friends that were young women who had pictures of their children with them. he seemed like quite the predator. going after single moms... smh. not saying i was perfect, but i was always paranoid that someone would hurt my kids, so i just kept my dating self seperate from my mom self. now i'm alone.. so maybe i shouldn't have been so picky and distant. (just kidding but not really.. i'd rather be alone than have a dead kid). no offense to any moms who don't have support from the bio dad and are all alone. just take it SLOW and never advertise you are a mom cuz that's what those jerks look for!

This man is definitely something less than human. Its gross and vomit inducing. He is without a doubt guilty and should be given the death penalty but, this whole "every child molester needs to be raped with a broom handle" thing is infuriating. Innocent ppl go to jail for rape or molestation on just a claim. Should their torn innards be hanging out their rectum with blood everywhere too? I know this guys guilty but hoping he or other people (who could be innocent) get freakin raped is gross in of itself. Hypocritical if you ask me. Lets rape the rapist hahaha. Prison gang rape isnt a joke. Its not "edgy". Give me all the hate and vitrol for voicing my opinion you want. I dont care im tired of people thinking that craps a joke. This guy will get his in what ever afterlife there is hopefully our justice system schedules the meeting.

Absolutely there are plenty of false accusations. I would hate for someone who's life is already ruined by a false allegation to also be attacked because of it.

They were living in Rolling Meadow Village complex. It is a public housing complex and rent is based on income and number in the family. (I say that b/c it was probably another reason he was looking for a woman w/children.) The laundry facilities are in the basement of the building, not in their own personal basement area (Sorry if I'm the only one who thought that they had an actual home w/ a basement, like maybe living in a duplex.). So, he took her out of the apartment, and down into a basement laundry room, in the early a.m., when no one else would be there, and no one would hear. This, to me, is forethought. I had thought maybe that drugs were involved earlier, something like meth, but I don't now, this was deliberate and he'd most likely molested her before, but this time he lost control. I am against the death penalty but for this man, I'm seriously re-thinking. He is evil.

My thinking was that it was a private basement also. If I recall correctly, the report said he went down to the basement about 10:30pm and was found about 4:30 or 5:30 am by the mother leaning over the child shirtless and with his fly undone. There were also clothes and a blanket on the floor covered in blood. Did this actually do any laundry or was this premeditated from the beginning and he didn't even try to cover with doing laundry? To think that poor, innocent baby was down there all night with him and noone heard anything to cause them to wonder why a baby was most likely screaming in the laundry room in the middle of the night. If only someone would of heard her in a public place and could have been found much sooner. I'm not blaming anyone, of course, just wish she could have not suffered so and lived.

Let me clarify... when there isn't a shadow of doubt and he is caught by the mother over her body...I do not for one minute think he should breathe another breath. I completely respect everyone's opinion. I am not saying that every rapist should suffer this fate. But THIS case is different. I am well aware that many are innocent. This case he is not innocent. At all. As I also said I could rest easily if i were to pull this switch in this case. It's just. Billy Daniel Raulerson is one I would also gladly pull the switch. I knew all three of his victims. In my opinion certain crimes deserve punishment. We may all disagree on death penalty or not or how someone should suffer. But in my opinion this man took a completely defenseless infant and raped her viciously and took her life. He deserves a painful death. She didn't have 20 years to sit on death row and eat hot meals and get a degree or even have a choice in living or dying. He chose that for her. So yep I do hope he suffers. That's my opinion and I respect yours. I have not said every rapist deserves it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

My thinking was that it was a private basement also. If I recall correctly, the report said he went down to the basement about 10:30pm and was found about 4:30 or 5:30 am by the mother leaning over the child shirtless and with his fly undone. There were also clothes and a blanket on the floor covered in blood. Did this actually do any laundry or was this premeditated from the beginning and he didn't even try to cover with doing laundry? To think that poor, innocent baby was down there all night with him and noone heard anything to cause them to wonder why a baby was most likely screaming in the laundry room in the middle of the night. If only someone would of heard her in a public place and could have been found much sooner. I'm not blaming anyone, of course, just wish she could have not suffered so and lived.

I think it was b/c no one would hear, or walk in, and yes, it was premeditated. I don't think he meant to go that far though. This guy is mentally sick. Not excusing him, he knows right from wrong. He just has a sick mind that can't be fixed. I'm against the death penalty but I'd not be standing outside the courthouse protesting against it either. However, life in prison would probably be a fate worse than death. It would be for me.

I think it was b/c no one would hear, or walk in, and yes, it was premeditated. I don't think he meant to go that far though. This guy is mentally sick. Not excusing him, he knows right from wrong. He just has a sick mind that can't be fixed. I'm against the death penalty but I'd not be standing outside the courthouse protesting against it either. However, life in prison would probably be a fate worse than death. It would be for me.

On the phone call to his mother he said he didn't molest her, but did do something bad. WTH did he think he did??? Is raping and torturing and killing that innocent baby not as bad as his definition of "molesting". I just can't comprehend this.

On the phone call to his mother he said he didn't molest her, but did do something bad. WTH did he think he did??? Is raping and torturing and killing that innocent baby not as bad as his definition of "molesting". I just can't comprehend this.
I wonder if he's being careful of what he says on the phone? Plus he probably doesn't want to admit to his mother what he did. I agree WTH does he think he did??

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Has anyone heard anything about Emmaleighs biological father?
I found this... pretty strange! It´s a page about getting Emmaleighs siblings back. Could this be the bio-dads family? They also have a go fund me page. They say that Emmaleighs mother was a drug addict and that they have cared for her children.
https://www.facebook.com/Bring-Nate-Carleigh-And-Cameron-Home-1347276248650904/

https://www..com/2uf51ic

Here is something from their Go fund me page:
"Frank and Sandy went to court in Annapolis 1 - 2 weeks prior to this strategy trying to grant that Benjamin Taylor not to be allowed the children because of a prior incident that they witnessed that he did to Carleigh. The mother went to court and told her side of the story what happened and the judge denied it. If the mother wouldn't of uphelded the monster baby Emmaleigh would most likely still be with us."

Has anyone heard anything about Emmaleighs biological father?
I found this... pretty strange! It´s a page about getting Emmaleighs siblings back. Could this be the bio-dads family? They also have a go fund me page. They say that Emmaleighs mother was a drug addict and that they have cared for her children.
https://www.facebook.com/Bring-Nate-Carleigh-And-Cameron-Home-1347276248650904/

https://www..com/2uf51ic

Here is something from their Go fund me page:
"Frank and Sandy went to court in Annapolis 1 - 2 weeks prior to this strategy trying to grant that Benjamin Taylor not to be allowed the children because of a prior incident that they witnessed that he did to Carleigh. The mother went to court and told her side of the story what happened and the judge denied it. If the mother wouldn't of uphelded the monster baby Emmaleigh would most likely still be with us."

Oh geez, what a mess. Emmaleigh's mother has 4 children. From what I've pieced together by reading the obituary, the oldest two are from another father as their last names are different than the youngest two. The last name of the two oldest children is different than the name of the family that set up the so I have no idea what's going on there. The two younger children, a boy and Emmaleigh, have the same biological father (he is pictured in the mother's old FB page). I thought it strange Emmaleigh's bio father wasn't mentioned in her obituary so maybe he is not involved with the kids. It does not appear the father of the youngest two has any connection to the family that posted the for the oldest two children. JMO.

Benjamin Taylor, 32, of Cottageville, was indicted Oct. 25 on charges of first-degree murder; felony murder, meaning murder in the commission of a sexual assault; death of a child by child abuse; first-degree sexual assault; and sexual abuse by a guardian, custodian or person in a position of trust, according to a copy of the indictment provided by a Jackson County courts official.

http://www.wvgazettemail.com/news-c...er-alleged-baby-assault-#sthash.kGReXXin.dpuf

From your link:

The Senate Judiciary Committee on Friday afternoon did pass the bill being called “Emmaleigh’s Law,” which would double the penalty for various child abuse penalties.

The bill will now go to the full Senate. Carmichael is the lead sponsor.
Senate Bill 288 would increase the penalties for a person convicted of death of a child by a parent, guardian or custodian from the current 10 to 40 years up to 20 to 80 years.

The punishment for child abuse resulting in injury would increase from from 1 to 5 years to 2 to 10 years.

The bill also would double the monetary fines associated with the crimes.

More info on the bill:

http://www.legis.state.wv.us/Bill_S...ldoc=sb288 intr.htm&yr=2017&sesstype=RS&i=288

I hope this bill passes the Senate and encourages other states to consider increasing penalties for child murder by caregivers. It makes me furious that laws continue to ignore the violence involved in these murders and therefore often charge the murderer under child abuse laws which generally carries lesser punishment than if the child were another adult.

More importantly, this bill addresses caregivers who allow others to abuse their child - something we see over and over in the cases here when a mother allows a boyfriend to babysit her child and the child is killed by the boyfriend. I will never forgive Teghan Skiba's mother for putting Teghan into the care of Jonathan Richardson who killed her after days of horrendous torture yet was never held responsible for her part.

The only thing that I vehemently disagree with is section d:

(d) The provisions of this section shall do not apply to any parent, guardian or custodian or other person who, without malice, fails or refuses, or allows another person to, without malice, fail or refuse, to supply a child under the care, custody or control of such parent, guardian or custodian with necessary medical care, when such medical care conflicts with the tenets and practices of a recognized religious denomination or order of which such parent, guardian or custodian is an adherent or member. The provisions of this section shall do not apply to any health care provider who fails or refuses, or allows another person to fail or refuse, to supply a child with necessary medical care when such medical care conflicts with the tenets and practices of a recognized religious denomination or order of which the parent, guardian or custodian of the child is an adherent or member, or where such failure or refusal is pursuant to a properly executed do not resuscitate form.

Sorry but with all my heart I believe religion be damned if it results in injury or death of an innocent child.

I thought I misread the headline. This is so disgusting. This individual doesn't meet the requirements to live amongst us and should be executed in the harshest of ways. I will pray that he endures immense pain in horror, either here on earth or in the afterlife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not having strange men around your children eliminates the risk factor. Children are young (minors) for such a short period of time. As mothers (since usually it's mom's boyfriends/husbands who do this), it's our job to protect our children. Of course many children are also victimized by blood relatives and that risk is still there. But HOW in the world could this mother have thought "Benji" was a suitable person to be around her kids. And you're right, this woman had to have had low self esteem. And her child paid for it. With her life. And you'd think this would be a lesson for other moms. It's not. I'm sure if I were to google right now, I could easily find 5 other cases that happened over night (maybe not as severe as this one, but still involving abuse at the hands of a boyfriend).

100% agree!!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back