WV - Kelly Elliot, 29, Wheeling, 25 May 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That is so sad that Kelly couldn't be there for her little boy's 5th birthday. Her boys are so young and I imagine that they really miss their mama. Is LE still looking at the boyfriend? I wish that Kelly would be found. The not knowing is so hard for the people who love her.

Hey all out there KELLY'S best friend is having a hard day today. She has it bad on saturdays, that's the day they spent with there kids & just be friends. I think she just needs support.

ok-mom said:
Hey all out there KELLY'S best friend is having a hard day today. She has it bad on saturdays, that's the day they spent with there kids & just be friends. I think she just needs support.

I can imagine how hard it is for Kelly's friend not knowing what has happened to Kelly and probably having a good idea who is responsible for her missing and waiting and waiting for something to happen. There are always certain days that are worse for those of us left behind to try and cope with the loss in our lives. Kelly and her friend must have been really close. Saturdays might have to become the day that Kelly's friend just grieves for Kelly and thinks about the good times they had together, etc. I know how hard this is on family and friends. Sometimes it helps to take out the pictures and memories you have and just be...know what I mean? Sometimes you even feel closer to them when you just go with what ever feeling you are having.

My daughter was murdered on a Monday and for years I had a hard time coping with Mondays. I could always feel it emotionally even if I wasn't thinking about it. I don't allow myself to even think of what happened on Sept 27th. I don't look on that day as an anniversary. It was the very worst day of my life and I just try to keep busy and my mind on other things. We celebrate my daughter's birthday every Nov 10th. There are times when I take out her pictures or watch videos of her and I cry and cry but I feel better afterwards. I don't think we ever stop grieving and sometimes we just need to let it out.

My heart goes out to Kelly's friend. It is hard enough to lose your best friend but to not know where she is or if she is going to be found has to be so emotionally difficult. I think that just knowing that boyfriend is still out there living like nothing ever happened has to be really hard on everyone. I wonder if he is still with his wife? I'll keep Kelly's friend and her family in my prayers. I know first hand how important those prayers are. Sometimes that is all that keeps a person going. Take care of yourself Kelly's friend.

:furious: Police link suitcase with missing woman

Bill Vidonic, Times Staff
08/10/2006

NEW SEWICKLEY TWP. - Property belonging to the sister of a West Virginia woman missing
since May was found in a New Sewickley Township home in June, according to the Pennsylvania
State Police.

John M. Deutsch, 29, of 1130 Hillman St. was charged Wednesday with a single count
of receiving stolen property.

According to state police, troopers began looking into the May 25 disappearance
of Kelly Jo Elliott, 28, of Ohio County, W.Va. Elliott was last seen with Eugene
J. Talik Jr. of Aleppo Township.

In June, Ohio County Sheriff Tom Burgoyne identified Talik, 37, as Elliott's
boyfriend, and said he had been questioned about her disappearance.

Talik and Deutsch are friends, state police said. On June 28, state police and an
Ohio County police officer went to Deutsch's home to interview his brother,
James Deutsch, 28, and his live-in-girlfriend, Kelly M. Neely, 29.

James Deutsch and Neely said that just after Memorial Day, Talik brought a moving
van for John Deutsch to work on at the New Sewickley house, state police said.

While there, Talik gave John Deutsch a green suitcase filled with tools including
a drill and power saw, and a woman's gold watch, three bracelets and necklace.

John Deutsch initially put the suitcase inside his home, state police said, but
moved it to a shed on the property after his brother found it and told him to remove
it from the home.

State police recovered the suitcase the day of the interview; the items inside it
were photographed and shown to members of Elliott's family. Family members,
state police said, identified the items as belonging to Elliott's sister, Jodi
Sine of Triadelphia, W.Va., in Ohio County, and said the items were stolen from
her home between May 17 and 25, while she was on vacation.

The investigation into Elliott's disappearance already has been connected to
New Sewickley. The day after Elliott disappeared, her vehicle was found at Crows
Run Auto Recycling along Crows Run Road with its license plate missing.

Elliott hadn't yet been reported missing, so township police didn't treat
the find as unusual. But five days after the car showed up at the business, it vanished,
and police haven't been able to find it.

The FBI in West Virginia and Pennsylvania, along with various police agencies, are
continuing to investigate Elliott's disappearance.

John Deutsch was sent to the Beaver County Jail Wednesday after failing to post
$25,000 bond set by District Judge Edward Howe.

James Deutsch is also in the county jail, awaiting trial on charges of criminal
attempt to commit homicide and aggravated assault. Hopewell Township police said
he tried to run down a woman with his pickup on July 5 after he beat her. That case
is unrelated to the charge Wednesday against John Deutsch.

Neely was charged last week with trying to hide James Deutsch from police when they
went to the New Sewickley home on July 19 to arrest him in the Hopewell incident.

Bill Vidonic can be reached online at bvidonic@timesonline.com.

I hope they press this guy HARD so he'll crack and testify against his "friend".

bykerladi said:
I hope they press this guy HARD so he'll crack and testify against his "friend".

If the suitcase was given to the one guy by Kelly's boyfriend and it had stolen items in it along with power tools why hasn't the boyfriend been charged? The suitcase and items belonged to Kelly's sister didn't they? I wonder how that boyfriend got them? Sounds like he must have gone to the sister's home while she was gone...grabbed the suitcase and just filled it up with whatever he wanted to take. I hope that friend of the boyfriends starts talking too. If he didn't commit the crime he should tell all. I sure wouldn't go to jail for something my friend did. He probably knows what happened to Kelly too.

bykerladi said:
We are hoping the same here at home.:furious: Sometimes I think that the L E don't have this as a high enough priority yet. Maybe someday He will look like this. That would be so nice. :behindbar

All is at a standstill. NO CAR or NO KELLY yet. They found the car once, then lost it. Absolutely NOTHING happening here in her home town.:banghead:

Still nothing on the suitcase situation, not even a court hearing .:furious: It's like the case has fallin off the face of the earth. Really makes me wonder about L E & the justice system. Are they really doing there job or WHAT ?

Has the boyfriend even been arrested for the stolen tools, etc? If not, what are they waiting for? I wonder where her car is? How many junk yards are there in that area? Seems like a person has to have the title for the car they want to junk though. Maybe that boyfriend knows someone who owns a junkyard where he got rid of the car without being asked any questions.

Why don't you go to the police station and ask to talk with the detective that is handling Kelly's case? Do you ever talk to her family? I wonder if they are being told anything? LE has to know that the boyfriend is guilty as heck.

To this date NOBODY is giving any info on KELLY, not even L E. This has become a real :banghead: I just want to scream.

Nothing new about Kelly? When are they going to arrest that boyfriend for theft? Did Kelly's sister press charges? I sure hope so. The LE should press charges anyway. They know he stole those tools, etc. Maybe if they would throw him in jail he will say something to a cell mate or something. I wonder if the guy he gave or sold the tools to knows anything about Kelly's disappearance? Are they still actively working this case? Can you ask Kelly's mom what she has heard? Can your daughter find out anything from Kelly's mother or LE?

http://kdka.com/local/local_story_180162646.html# Hope this link works.

This link shows KELLY & talik together at a local fund raiser which KELLY raised a lot of prizes for raffles. KELLY always had a good heart. Miss & love her ALWAYS.
Still absolutley nothing on KELLY. It's been to quiet 4 to long.

ok-mom said:
http://kdka.com/local/local_story_180162646.html# Hope this link works.

This link shows KELLY & talik together at a local fund raiser which KELLY raised a lot of prizes for raffles. KELLY always had a good heart. Miss & love her ALWAYS.
Still absolutley nothing on KELLY. It's been to quiet 4 to long.

I am so glad to read that the FBI are on this case. That gives me hope that they will get to the bottom of it. They are looking at his vehicles and searching for her car. That is good news too. This guy might have thought that he was off the hook and got away with murder but that just ain't true!

We probably won't hear much at all with the FBI on her case. I hope that guy is trembling in his boots now. I doubt that he is though. I wonder if his wife is still with him. If I were her I'd be long gone by now. This guy is not a nice guy. Just looking at his picture I can see how he could be mean. Just letting whoever take that picture shows he has gutts. How did he know that his wife wouldn't see that? Hoping for an arrest.....SOON.

So the guy that accepted the suitcase full of stolen stuff is the one heading for a trial now. I wonder why they haven't arrested the creep that stole it in the first place or is it one person's word against the other? I hope that LE is still looking for Kelly. Never found her car again either?

Clearfield County -- Following a tip, police in Clearfield County found a body they say may be a West Virginia woman who has been missing since May.

Police say they believe 28-year-old Kelly Jo Elliot was hit in the head with a lead pipe before being strangled in West Virginia. Her charred remains were found about 700 yards into Clearfield County, near the Elk County line.

Police have arrested Gene Talik from Sewickley, Allegheny County, for her murder. Police say Talik, who is married, was having an affair with Elliot.

According to police, an accomplice, who has not yet been named, went to them Monday and said he helped the suspect plan and carry out the murder.

http://www.wjactv.com/mostpopular/10324747/detail.html

Remains Of Missing Mother Found In Penfield
One man is in custody after the remains of a missing mother were found on a hillside just outside of Penfield in Clearfield County, police said Tuesday.

Kelly Jo Elliott, 26, of Wheeling, W.Va., had been missing since May 25.

Gene Talik Jr., of Sewickley, Pa. was considered a person of interest early in this case. He was arrested Tuesday afternoon at his business in Allegheny County without incident.

Investigators said Talik and Elliott were having a relationship. Investigators said Elliott was going to tell Talik's wife about their relationship, which they believe was his motive to kill her.

:woohoo: "Talik has been arrested :woohoo: on a federal criminal complaint charging him with traveling in interstate commerce with the intent to kill Kelly Jo Elliot, and in fact killing her in Ohio County," said U.S. Attorney Sharon Potter.

They said an accomplice, who has not been identified yet, started working with authorities Monday and that he and Talik had planned the murder. Investigators said the murder happened in the parking lot at the lower truck stop in Dallas Pike. They believe the accomplice and Talik arranged to meet Elliott there the night she went missing, with their plan in place.

"Through the debriefing of the accomplice, he indicated that she was struck over the head. It was determined that she was still breathing, and it's alleged now that the defendant strangled her, causing her death," said Ohio County Prosecutor Scott Smith.

Authorities said her body was then transported in multiple vehicles including her own, which is still missing.

Her body was taken to a wooded, rural area a few days later in Clearfield County, Pa., where her remains were discovered Tuesday morning by the FBI and a local college anthropology team.

Investigators said the accomplice led them to her remains. Authorities said they have not released his identity because charges are pending.

Talik was arraigned immediately after the press conference Tuesday and remains in custody.

His charge carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in jail, but authorities are still investigating and said more charges may follow.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back