WV WV - Leah Hickman, 21, Huntington, 14 Dec 2007 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone notice leah's headline on her myspace:

"life is all about @$$; you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, behaving like one, or you simply live with one"

I've heard the quote a lot but rarely with the last portion of it. Usually people change their headlines often to reflect what they are going through. Wonder if this has any bearing or is a coincidence???

Also I would like to know how Margaret has all of her information. Just curious.

Welcome to alll the newbies who have joined to discuss Leah's case. So sad for us all to meet this way.

I just want to remind everyone to read TOS (Terms of Service)
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19146

Want to say now before anything gets off track:
Let's all be careful about how we discuss Leah and her sister.. the sister, Jessie, is a victim unless evidence comes to light to prove otherwise. Discussion is fine, bashing will not be tolerated.

Does anyone know if they know how she died but just not releasing it yet? Why are they being so hush hush? Usually they will at least tell us a few tidbits.

anyone notice leah's headline on her myspace:

"life is all about @$$; you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, behaving like one, or you simply live with one"

I've heard the quote a lot but rarely with the last portion of it. Usually people change their headlines often to reflect what they are going through. Wonder if this has any bearing or is a coincidence???

Also I would like to know how Margaret has all of her information. Just curious.

Early on it was discussed on another board. One poster took it way too seriously. And some thought it referred to Vickers. But interesting in hindsight because it could be referring to Vickers BF.

this was indeeed jessica's (sister) ex-boyfriend. he was in the service and was in iraq for about a year up until september-ish. he lived with jessica for a couple of years prior up until he went to iraq. that is when leah moved into the apt. to help jessica pay the rent due to bf being gone. when he got back in sept., that is when he and jessica broke up. leah was reportedly scared of him and basically hid in her room whenever he was around.

noone close to the case knows the cause of death either. i believe that they are not releasing it because this may be key to their investigation?? i don't know.

i am friend of a friend so to say. i kinda thought people would wonder how i knew this. just wanted to provide you all with some info that i knew that might be of interest.

i am friend of a friend so to say. i kinda thought people would wonder how i knew this. just wanted to provide you all with some info that i knew that might be of interest.

I am so glad you posted. I certainly don't want to be going down the wrong road of suspicion. Is the ex-BF the most likely suspect in the circle of friends you know?

yes, he is. actually, everyone seems to think that he was capable of this except jessica...denial?? dunno.

I'm glad too. Are you friends with the Jessica? I feel so bad for the family. I firmly believe this is not a random attack though.

Thanks for sharing with us ! You really have made me feel so much better.
My neighbor said someone tryed to kick their door in yesterday and that scared the crap out of me. I have been up all night thinking who ever did this to Leah might be in my area..

i am friends with someone that was friends with both leah and jessica. i don't know his motive honestly. some of us have been speculating that he might have been mad about his belongings that were being stored in the laundry room got thrown out. don't know..like i said, pure speculation. jessica had said a couple of times that he had scared her with his temper but she never felt physically threatened. leah did not like him at all though, and as i said earlier she would basically hide in her room whenever he was around.

Margarat,

I have several questions. You may not know the answers but I wanted to ask. Do you know if she was strangled or anything about the mechanism of injuries? Where does Jessica work? I hope really badly that it is this guy. I don't want it to be the sis. At what point did the info on the boyfriend come out? Early? Does he have a myspace or name you we can search for? Did Jessica have recent contact with him? Did his stuff get thrown out and how did he know? There has to be tons of forensics here. This shouldn't be that hard to prove. Do you have any info on that? Any idea where the plastic came from? Doesn't Jessica have a new boyfriend that she was staying with that weekend? How long had they been seeing each other? Again, I don't expect you to have all the answer. I was just hoping.

Roger, is a very close friend of Leah's. He was extremely instrumenal in getting the word out about Leah. He worked the computer like crazy. I actually talked to him on the phone. He was absolutely beside himself. I would be extremely surprised to hear anything on him. I didn't detect ANYTHING suspicious.

Thanks Margaret, My experience is that gut feelings are usually correct. And if this are friends gut feelings then.....

Interesting about the ex-BF's stuff being stored in the laundry room area. He could have gotten her down there by saying he wanted proof the stuff wasn't there. Sounds like the crawl space is more like closet storage. I wonder if they are locked and assigned to tenants?

And the last name "Vickers" comes from where?

With last night's crawl space info are we now to believe that you can walk into the space and actually put stuff in these lockers? Maybe LE shined a flashlight in the first time and "upon further searching" means they began opening lockers. Doesn't really matter but for some reason I want to know.

And the last name "Vickers" comes from where?

With last night's crawl space info are we now to believe that you can walk into the space and actually put stuff in these lockers? Maybe LE shined a flashlight in the first time and "upon further searching" means they began opening lockers. Doesn't really matter but for some reason I want to know.

It seems Mrs. Russel was married 3 times and Vickers was her 2nd husband.

Oh, sorry about messing up w/ Jessica vs. Leah's ex.

I wonder if the ex (IF HE'S INVOLVED) thought Jessica would be at the apartment, but found Leah instead. Maybe that's why her car door was open. She saw him and ran before closing the door all the way. He could have gone into a rage with her.... :(

Would he call her cell phone though?

I would think that Jessica's ex, knowing that Leah did not like him at all, might feel like it was Leah's fault that Jessica had the courage to break up with him.

He goes off to war where death and killing are every-day occurances and when he returns, Leah is living in "his" place, all his stuff is in the laundry room yet he fails to pick it up...sounds like he had not accepted that he was out and was not moving back in.

Now, Leah is in the laundry room. She's dead, and instead of leaving her where she fell dead, someone takes the trouble to wrap her up and store her away...just like "she did" to Jessica's ex's stuff.

How does that sound to you, Margaret? (Welcome to WS!)

Susan

Wow, this information coming out from Margaret is really opening up some areas we've been clueless about. This ex probably didn't like Leah much if half sis even said Leah had his stuff thrown out and it's been said Leah was frightened of him. I find the fact that this so called crawl space is actually storage, i.e., locker type places? Do I understand that correctly Margaret?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper