WV WV - Leah Hickman, 21, Huntington, 14 Dec 2007 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HUNTINGTON - The body of young white female was found Friday in the basement of 8th Avenue apartment building of 21-year-old Marshall student Leah Hickman.

I just can't comprehend the fact that they just now found her. Why didn't they tear that apt building apt on day 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ...please someone...explain this to me, what day to Leah go missing again?

Well, obviously they didn't tear apart the apt. But it could be that the door to the crawl space truly is flush with the floor and covered with a rug...or some how not noticeable and no one mentioned it to LE.

I don't understand either Christine.

Do you mean the suspect? Just hoping it wasn't and afraid to say it.

The suspect will be someone who knows that building well. I wonder if they have a caretaker/maintenance person. And the "wrapped in plastic". Okay where did the plastic come from? There will be an arrest in this case for sure.

Who knows about crawl spaces? I only know the kind you raise a door in the floor and lower yourself in and someone hands you the boxes and stuff you want in there. My brother has one and he can stand in it...but it's still called a "crawl" space.

The suspect will be someone who knows that building well. I wonder if they have a caretaker/maintenance person. And the "wrapped in plastic". Okay where did the plastic come from? There will be an arrest in this case for sure.

Somewhere tonight it was mentioned that renovations were being done to the building.

I think that the community screaming for action and the national media made them do something more. I think that they should have found this the first day. They're investagators...right? If it were not the sister, don't you think that she would have looked all over that place for her. I would have. She was familiar with the laundry room. It is interesting how in the last couple of days, sister has started mentioning that Leah was doing laundry. Didn't here that at first. I wonder if the laundry basket in her care was planted. I bet she had help from her boyfriend. Also, I would think that an odor would become noticed. Bad plan.....I think premed too....but not real smart!!!!!!

So workman have been around that place.
Some houses have crawl spaces with doors outside rather than in the floor. Its usually used to get to the plumbing, electrical wiring, etc.

When they asked about the maintance/repairs I did not see any interest in the cops face. When they said something about family-I saw some discomfort in his face. I recorded it. I will have to go back and analize. I felt that they know who but have not yet collected enough info to name a suspect. I bet we see it in a day or so.

I am glad that someone has brought in experienced invest. I think that this will be an easy on to nail.

Her poor family. Her Step-dad and brothers, although military tough guys, were more broke up about Leah's disappearance than her step-sis. I hope the sis is not involved. She just seemed so cold compared to the rest of the family. I know, I know, it's not fair to judge someone under pressure. And it could just as likely be someone else familiar with the building.

Thanks spotted. Everyone involved in this investigation should be smacked! No excuse for this. NONE. I am so angry right now.

Your angry and I have to live in this town!!!! why did the dogs not pick up on something??? Well they couldnt answer that at this time... grrrrrrrrrrrr

I wonder about the laundry room...I am thinking of the college student who disappeared and they found him later in a mechanical room, IIRC he got shocked in there and died. I hope they are doing and EXTENSIVE search of the immediate area incase she is 'stuck' somewhere. Doesn't make alotta sense that everything was is apt but her cell and the door was locked w/keys inside.

Quoting myself here.

A crawl space in the laudry room that you couldnt see it was hidden.. I would love to see a pic of what that place looked like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christine2448
I wonder about the laundry room...I am thinking of the college student who disappeared and they found him later in a mechanical room, IIRC he got shocked in there and died. I hope they are doing and EXTENSIVE search of the immediate area incase she is 'stuck' somewhere. Doesn't make alotta sense that everything was is apt but her cell and the door was locked w/keys inside.

That's interesting in hindsight. I wonder what came first, Leah doing laundry, or Leah being placed there? Hmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper