WV WV - Leah Hickman, 21, Huntington, 14 Dec 2007 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's on local and someone there can transcribe for us. Going to go mop my floors and BRB.

MONDAY
Huntington Police have positively identified the body of a woman found Friday in the crawlspace of a Huntington apartment building as that of Leah Hickman. Hickman's body was found late Friday afternoon. Stay tuned to WSAZ.com for the latest information on the case. Stay with WSAZ.com for the latest information.

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/12576086.html

No video just an update. Police have positively identified the body as that of Leah Hickman.

A little more detail:

MONDAY
Huntington Police have positively identified the body of a woman found Friday in the crawlspace of a Huntington apartment building as that of Leah Hickman. Hickman's body was found late Friday afternoon.
Police made the announcement at a scheduled news conference Monday afternoon. Police say they have recovered evidence from Hickman's apartment building but are releasing little additional information.
if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Mid-Story Ad']) document.write('');if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Mid-Story Ad']){ document.write(plpm['Mid-Story Ad']);} else { if(self['plurp'] && plurp['97']){} else {document.write(''); } }if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Mid-Story Ad']) document.write('');Police say they have no suspects at this time and continue to conduct interviews. Huntington Police Chief Skip Holbrook would not comment if investigators were looking out of state.
Stay tuned to WSAZ.com for the latest information on the case. Stay with WSAZ.com for the latest information

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/12576086.html

O/T Merry Christmas Christine and also Merry Christmas WS members.
Another heart breaking case, my heart truly goes out to Leah's family and friends.

I think the only reason a killer would take the cell phone with him/her is because there might be traceable calls or messages to/from that phone. If that's the case, they must not realize phone records are still available from the provider.

I hope this is the case as it could lead right to the killer.

Thank you for the updates, concernedperson! :blowkiss:

Some killers might start getting smarter and realise that cell phones are problematic in attempts to hide the location of a body. But, why wouldn't the killer have just left in her apartment or wherever he first encountered Leah? Perhaps once he killed her and dragged her to the crawl space he thought about the cell phone. Maybe he took it with him, disabled it, and ditched no where near where her body lay.

I wonder if they are refusing to release details because they have something that could lead to an arrest, they need more, and they don't want to jeopardize the case by leaking info.

Lion

There is something definite about taking the phone. Leaving it in the apartment or on Leah wouldn't have pointed to anything. Now taking it does tell me that the POI is traceable by the phone.

So we narrow down to the people associated with the phone. Then of those, the ones who knew about the crawl space. Very small suspect list.

By the way, my daughter is about the same height as Leah and she got into one of my contractor bags. She fit inside one barely in a fetal position. But two perfectly. One from the bottom and one over the top. But you would have to tape it. We figured that however the bags were used, that probably a lot of tape or rope or something would have to be involved.

Now my next request was if she would get into a blue container for me (re: Stacy Peterson). Even though she's a crimehag like me, she said she had her limits. lol. Wow, Christmas' are way different at my house than everyone elses!

Now my next request was if she would get into a blue container for me (re: Stacy Peterson). Even though she's a crimehag like me, she said she had her limits. lol. Wow, Christmas' are way different at my house than everyone elses!

She wouldn't get into a blue container even for Christmas?? What are we doing up reading at WS?:angel: My family thinks I'm wrapping presents!

Hi guys! I have been out of town for a couple days. I finally have gotten caught up on the postings. I wanted to mention something about the plastic bags. I am finding that local sources have the most correct info. about the case. It appears to me that some of these articles are taken info. from our local stations and reprinting it. It reminds me of a game in school where you would whisper something in someone's ear and pass the story to the back of the class one ear at a time. Then at the end, the story would be way different than when it was initiated. I am not so sure about the bags. It will be interesting to find out though. I have heard local stories about the plastic but nothing saying it was bags. (Not to say it isn't true.)

How long do you guys think that it will be before the police announce a suspect? I think that they have someone in mind now and are collecting more info. I am seriously stuck on the sister's story about going home for lunch and seeing Leah there. On Monday, she said that she went to lunch at 2:30 and they talked about there grades and classes. Then, on Wed and Thurs, she was saying she was there at 4:00 and Leah was doing dishes and laundry.
Question #1 How do you get a 90min lunch break? (I need that job.)
Question #2 How do you do dishes for 90mins?
You would think that there would be people locally with info besides the police. Like coworker about sis' job. Friends about their relationship. Unless I am really off with my suspect.Thanks for the link that described the sister-sister thing. So, I guess they were half sisters and not step. The pressor was very disappointing!!!!!! I guess we will have to wait longer for info.

Good morning Rebelmom, Thanks for the info about the bags. Maybe it was a plastic tarp.

The media is great for jumping on something printed and running with it. Is that the reason I can't get a grip on the sisters story? That the media is misreporting the facts she's given? I've been going to the local Topix boards and reading the blogs attached to articles. I haven't really seen anyone post much besides condolences. Usually there are comments talking about inside info. I just have not found anything.

If LE doesn't think this is random, I wish they would let the neighbors know. They are very frightened.

Funeral set for Hickman

Dec 26, 2007 @ 12:57 PM

By The Herald-Dispatch

Herald-Dispatch.com

Funeral arrangements have been set for Leah Hickman, a 21-year-old Marshall student who disappeared Dec. 14.
Hickman's body was found in a crawl space in the basement of her Huntington apartment building at 403 8th Ave. on Friday. Police have not released any information on the cause of death, other than to say they are treating the case as a homicide. Hickman's time of death has been noted as the day she disappeared, and not the day she was found.
The funeral will be at the National Guard Armory in Point Pleasant at 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
A scholarship fund has been set up at the Huntington Bank, Box 548 Huntington, W.Va., 25701.

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/breaking/x607057272

can someone please post the greta interviews of the sister? i am highly suspcious of her.

I was somewhat suspicious of her, too, but I just read elsewhere that she and the Mom stayed in the apt. for that week while Leah was missing. Could she have done that knowing Leah was in the crawlspace????? I don't know. Could be false info, too.

I have the interview with Greta and Nancy Grace recorded but I could not find it online to post it. I just saw a new story on WSAZ. It said that the crawl space was located under the porch only. Also, the owner of the building lives in Florida. He told the news that the rennovations were only patching, painting and leaking facets. It was done by the owner's brother and one of his friends. Don't really know how this fits in but I know that we had been wondering about these things a few days ago. Painting may mean that there was plastic.

I don't know about the sister but if she could have contributee to her death or placing Leah there, I am sure that she could have stayed in the apartment. It is difficult to believe some of the things that killers can do. (Not saying she did it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper