WV WV - Leah Hickman, 21, Huntington, 14 Dec 2007 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the interview with Greta and Nancy Grace recorded but I could not find it online to post it. I just saw a new story on WSAZ. It said that the crawl space was located under the porch only. Also, the owner of the building lives in Florida. He told the news that the rennovations were only patching, painting and leaking facets. It was done by the owner's brother and one of his friends. Don't really know how this fits in but I know that we had been wondering about these things a few days ago. Painting may mean that there was plastic.

I don't know about the sister but if she could have contributee to her death or placing Leah there, I am sure that she could have stayed in the apartment. It is difficult to believe some of the things that killers can do. (Not saying she did it.)
But we are wondering anyway. Lots of inconsistencies. No answered questions.

I know me too. In the interviews she plays down all the scenarios offered by Mike on Nancy Grace. Again, no emotions.
I will try to "transcrip for you":

Mike:When was the last time you saw Leah?

Jessica: Um...I had come home for my lunck break on Fri between 3:30 and 4:00 and uh...she was at the house just doing dishes. After I left that was the last time I seen her.

Mike: Is it normal for the back door to be opened?

Jessica: um..actuallly...we leave it unlocked if we are doing laundry... and uh...I have two cats and they are kinda onry and they are able to open the back door..so..it..it's not completely unusual... but... uh...in light of the circumstances...

Mike: Had Leah ever been treated for depression?

Jessica:um...nothing recently...I mean she's been pretty happy. We had gone to the mall earlier that day, hung out and did sister things.

Mike: You said nothing recently. Had she been treated for depression in the past?

Jessica: um ...in her high school days..I think it was just...high school blues.

Mike: Just a phase you think she was going thru

Jessica: ya

Mike: Anyone she was having problems with?

Jessica: No honestly...everyone loved Leah. Great girl.

Mike: Any relationships at all?

Jessica: um...no...she's been dating around. Going on a few dates. Nothing really serious yet...so...

Mike: What is the family doing?

Jessica: Uh... we're...basically making phone calls to as many places as we can, uh...participating in as many interviews....uh..and that sort of thing....as we can....and we have the candle light vigil this evening....uh...alot of Leah's family came in from uh...Spence WV, about an hour and 1/2 away to be her tonight, were doing a benefit concert tomorrow evening with some local bands.

This is as close as I could get to transcriping it for you. You would think that when he asked what the family was doing she would say something about being worried, scared, upset....something with some feeling. I don't know. What do you think?

Thanks Rebelmom! I watched that interview the other night & also thought she seemed suspicious. When she was asked what they did, etc. At first she said Leah was "doing" the dishes...then she said when she was leaving she said "something about the dishes." Hmmmmmm...I know from growing up with 3 sisters that we constantly fought about who's gonna do the dishes...I couldn't help but think that maybe they had a fight about the dishes & it got out of control. If you ask me, she just seemed rather blah-zeh (not sure of the correct spelling) which seemed very odd to me. :confused:

Tonight on Greta's show a reporter said that LE is not warning residents of a mystery killer out to get them. I think that says A LOT.

The keychain said Olympus something or other. I was listening, not watching, and suddenly remembered to watch for the clothes and keychain! So I looked up right at the moment they showed the keychain and only saw "Olympus". There was something written under it though... Maybe that's the college workout place?

I sure wish FOX would show that particular video they always play when discussing this sad, sad case.

RIP, Leah.

I know. I hate to sound mean like I am pointing a finger to the sister at such a horrible time. It just seems really odd to me. I read that Jessica was 2 when her mom remarried. Then mom and the step dad had Leah. Everyone seemed to love Leah. They say she was pretty and smart. I don't have any siblings so I don't know how that whole jealous sibling thing goes but something doesn't sit well with me here. God gave us instincts for a reason. I guess we will see....

I live here and there is no gym named Olympus in Huntington. Nothing that I can think of with that name. Maybe it was something in her home town.

Just caught the rerun and it reads "Olympus Athletic Club". No city/state or phone number but found this website with the same name:
http://www.olympusathleticclub.com/
Chantilly, VA

There are several others with the same name in MN and TN... I just thought it might give us another place to look for a suspect.

my first post here. i have some information that might shed some light on this case. i know all of this information to be facts and thought it might help with some speculation.

-jessica (sister) has a job that requires her to punch in and out for lunch. there are time punches for when she left and when she returned to work. leah's last cell phone call was after jessica returned to work.

-jessica is generally a very shy and introverted person. not a "people person" so to say. she would generally be very nervous in interview type situations as had been taking place on the networks. she was actively looking for leah (posting fliers, making phone calls, etc.) up until her body was found. she has not been at her job since leah was discovered missing.

-there is an ex-boyfriend of jessica's that lived with her in that apartment for 2 years. she broke up with him a few months ago. he still has keys to the apartment. he never came and got his stuff from the apartment and it was being stored in the laundry room up until a couple weeks ago when leah told the people working on the building to throw it out.

-the crawl space where leah was found was not just an open area. there were actually small compartments with doors lined up on one side. they were about 18 inches wide. i don't know how deep. she was found basically shoved into one of these spaces wrapped in some sort of plastic.

i truly hope the sob that did this will rot in hell. it makes me physically ill to think of what might have been done to leah. i pray for her family dealing with this. it's incomprehensible to think of what they are going through.

In a newspaper article from this weekend, Vickers talks about Leah's hair...alot. How pretty she was etc. It all seemd like Vickers once again talking about an object and not a person. "Yeah, it was a pretty car, too bad it got totaled". Very creepy, IMO!!!

Thanks Margaret, very interesting info on the boyfriend.

yes, it is interesting. he apparently has been interviewed by the police twice so far.

-there is an ex-boyfriend of jessica's that lived with her in that apartment for 2 years. she broke up with him a few months ago. he still has keys to the apartment. he never came and got his stuff from the apartment and it was being stored in the laundry room up until a couple weeks ago when leah told the people working on the building to throw it out.

Thank you for your post. This part about the ex is very telling.

I hope they solve this soon, too.

~

Thank you, Margaret26. Very telling, indeed. No wonder they are keeping it under wraps.

If the ex is involved it would certainly explain why her cell phone is missing.

I have no clue who her ex is, but "Roger" left this message a while ago:
Roger [is..

clear.gif

Jan 4, 2007 7:43 PM

Hey Babe, I called you today because I was at the mall. I wanted to see if you were working, but you did not answer the phone. Call me, I wanna talk.

And these from "Roger":
May 2, 2007 6:54 PM

ive been trying to call you for two days ... you hate me.

Dec 1, 2006 7:59 PM

hey girl i love you.

Jul 30, 2006 2:49 AM

hey baby, just wanted to say hi. love you

Of course, they could just be innocent friend comments. There are more if you go to "view all" of her comments.

Is it JESSICA'S ex-boyfriend or LEAH'S ex-boyfriend? I get the feeling that Roger is Leah's ex-boyfriend from some photos and some myspace messages, but I thought the previous poster was referring to JESSICA'S ex-boyfriend...

yes, it is interesting. he apparently has been interviewed by the police twice so far.

Thanks so much for the info as this is truly new news to us. An ex-boyfriend seems to play a part in many of these crimes. Did you know him or do you know someone that knows him? Basically, I am asking if you know what type of personality he may have.

Is it JESSICA'S ex-boyfriend or LEAH'S ex-boyfriend? I get the feeling that Roger is Leah's ex-boyfriend from some photos and some myspace messages, but I thought the previous poster was referring to JESSICA'S ex-boyfriend...
She did say Jessica but maybe she meant Leah. Hopefully she will clarify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper