WV WV - Leah Hickman, 21, Huntington, 14 Dec 2007 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeeee Suzie! We all have a bit of 'thread hog' in us! :blowkiss: :dance:

Isn't this one strange???
Posted by: Ron Sorry, I dont know very many comforting words to say when these things happen. But, Ive been taught that no matter what happens to us in this life, no matter what, we would still have a home in Heaven.

Could this be a possible clue? Could Ron be saying Leah did something, but he knows 'no matter' what she'd go to heaven? OR did RON do something but he knows 'not matter what' he has done, he will hstill have a home in heaven?

Reaching? Maybe....but, you neva know!

ETA, 20 minutes later...dad's name is Ron?

I'm really hogging today....just have a few minutes and was searching some....

Another odd comment...how about flowers for Jessie?

Posted by: ex flower girl my thoughts and prayers go out to Leah's family and friends. i never personally knew Leah, but on birthday, valentine's day, easter, end of school year, thanksgiving, christmas and even just "thinking of you" days and "i love you" days, i would go to the OVCS to deliver flowers to her from her dad. a "special bond" they seemed to have. he sure never missed a change to tell her that he was thinking of her. of the few occasions that i got to see her when i delivered to her, she was always always thankful for the gift. some, came to expect flowers and was like "oh yeah", not Leah, she was really thrilled to get them. her smile, i will always remember. my heart sank and the beginning of this story, now my heart aches for Leah and her family. Rest in peace, Leah.

Being a survivor, that comment made the hair on my neck stand up. I am NOT saying that something hinky was going on between dad and daughter..I am ONLY saying that made my hair stand up. Was dad, Ron, Leah's Step dad?

Anyone that knows my families story knows that my older sister lived at PennState and my step dad lived in Philly, he still traveled to see and molest her every weekend into her early 20's...she finally told.

Another comment:

Posted by: A former Huntington resident. I'm extremely sorry for the family. I'm glad I no longer live in Huntington. HPD, what can you say? Nothing! Like it or not, it sure doesn't look good. A whole week and she is right under your feet. I would have thought that you would have looked over every inch of that building already. Huntington is in a SAD state of affairs. If the four murdered teen agers didn't wake you up, there's no doubt in my mind, that this incident won't either.

another one:

Posted by: MYSPACE I think the answers can be found on myspace if it is really looked into, and "Tom" would allow access to all the friends sites that are set to private. And the two out of state guys that keep commenting back and forth about Leah give me the creeps!!

The one posted by Myspace really gets my attention because I believe that poster is correct. I looked at her page from home this morning (unable to view at work) and a guy now saying "Finally Home" in California caught my eye for what reason I can only say is because he was in a photo with another and they were either on base or in Iraq somewhere but in uniform.

Seeeee Suzie! We all have a bit of 'thread hog' in us! :blowkiss: :dance:

lol, interesting info you found though! The Samantha case is solved, they just have never found her body. That's the first I've heard about the four teengagers.

Maybe the comments about the four teenagers not waking you up, means the town of Huntington, or the PD not waking up to the fact there is a problem with murders there?

You aren't a hog, Christine!

Anyway, I think the flower-thing is innocent. Leah didn't always live with Jessica, so the deliveries to Jessica might have been from a different shop or delivery person. I HOPE they were treated equally as far as that goes anyway!

lol, interesting info you found though! The Samantha case is solved, they just have never found her body. That's the first I've heard about the four teengagers.

There were four young people gunned down in Huntington after they had been to their high school prom. I can't remember how long ago, 2 years ago. Never been solved.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1408704/posts

I hope my standing up hair is wrong......just found another message, Ron, the dad, has LE connections?

Posted by: cindy to Leah's father and mother, you probably do not remember me but I have met both of you through work.. I am so sorry and my thoughts are with you.. as I wake up this morning my first thoughts were you probably did not sleep.. so sorry.. please keep the FBI and WV State police involved.. HPD does not have a good track record we still have four babies killed and no killer... Ron, you know Trooper Stracher,, use your persons to keep good people working on this case.. so sorry prayers are with you.. cindy

I am going to write Dress Barn when I get a chance and tell them what a wonderful company they are to do this for Leah. First they close their doors during the busiest season and now they pay for her funeral?

I'll be shopping there from now on if they have one close by!

Another comment peeps, why did this guy, who knows dad, say this??

Posted by: concerned citizen (Mason) To lose a loved one to death is a heartbreaking thing.One so young as this is worse.Everyone knew her father here in Point Pleasant and my prayers go out to the family.I feel that God will see you through this awfull time in your lives.I hope the Hunting P.D.will find the reason and the person who is responsiable for this unnessary time in your lives.I hope this does not turn out to be "The Ones You Trust Can Hurt You The Most" God Bless the Hickman Family.R.I.P Leah.

I just wrote Dress Barn..I'm touched at their kindness....I doubt many businesses would do that...especially since she had not been there that long. I will certainly spread the word about their kindness. I've never shopped there, but I certainly will now.

Posted by: concerned citizen (Mason) To lose a loved one to death is a heartbreaking thing.One so young as this is worse.Everyone knew her father here in Point Pleasant and my prayers go out to the family.I feel that God will see you through this awfull time in your lives.I hope the Hunting P.D.will find the reason and the person who is responsiable for this unnessary time in your lives.I hope this does not turn out to be "The Ones You Trust Can Hurt You The Most" God Bless the Hickman Family.R.I.P Leah.

They sound just like the suspicious sort that post here. :waitasec:

Leah's biological father, Ron Hickman is the county assessor for Mason County, WV (Pt. Pleasant.

That would also be the reference to contacts with LE.

Leah's biological father, Ron Hickman is the county assessor for Mason County, WV (Pt. Pleasant.

That would also be the reference to contacts with LE.

Thank you very much Hope. I was thinking for some reason the step dad was Ron. OK. So, Ron, flower sender, was bio dad and connections to LE make sense now that you explained. Thanks!

I think that mom (Sherry) had Jessica. When Jessica was two, mom married Ron. Then Ron and Sherry had Leah. I am not sure why Sherry's last name is Russell unless she divorced Ron and remarried. I got this from the Herald Dispatch.

Dress Barn ROCKS!!! I will have to go support them and shop!

I think that mom (Sherry) had Jessica. When Jessica was two, mom married Ron. Then Ron and Sherry had Leah. I am not sure why Sherry's last name is Russell unless she divorced Ron and remarried. I got this from the Herald Dispatch.

Dress Barn ROCKS!!! I will have to go support them and shop!

She remarried and had three boys. It was in the obituary that I posted earlier today, the family relationships.

I agree Dress Barn has been awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member