WV WV - Leah Hickman, 21, Huntington, 14 Dec 2007 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well here it is 2011 and still no arrest in Leah's case. I think the cops didn't have a clue about what they were doing. I'll bet they never even give Leah's murder a 2nd thought. There had to be some DNA there either in her apartment or in that crawl space. I feel really bad for Leah's family. The waiting and not knowing is pure hell!!

I really never dreamed it would take so long to find Leah's killer. May she have justice soon!

I came here tonight to specifically look this case up .when i say here I mean websleuths i had to type in her name in order to even find the forum and i had seen some recent posts i was shocked there were a few regulars posting on this bizARE case even though we had one for sure maybe the acomplice knowen as to who we thought did it . so iam very glad to see i wasnt the only one giving leah some thoughts and getting her back in the news and figure out why the heck this has not been solved yet..

Get this case back in the news it should have been solved with in two weeks of the crime .

Leah :( I think about you, your friends, and your family frequently. I know your best friend and I know she misses you terribly! I really hope that the police are close to charging the person who committed this horrible crime against you...you seemed like you were such an innocent, caring person who deserved so much better. Rest in peace, girl...

I'm bumping this for Leah. I hope that someday justice will be served. :(

Bump

I hope this is solved soon.
We won't forget about you, Leah.

Glad this thread got bumped, although I'm sad there's been no resolution. I keep thinking about Leah but forgot her name. Someone knows and someone needs to tell. Simple enough. Light the way Leah and lead them to you.

This crime happened nearly 4 years ago. If you have time, go back and read the threads. Follow the links. Read MSM stories. Then, please brainstorm to help figure this one out.

omg!!! I was just thinking about Leah this morning no stone unturned! ITA! Thank you for bumping up her case!!!!

This is just another case that really bothers me and there is so many of them like this .Im refering to how when it happened it hit the news like the nancy and jane and it was everywhere then like so many one week later its done and they never bring it back up they do this all the time .They get you all into a case and then a mom has 8 kids or john and kate break up and you never hear a follow up . I like those shows its great when they are covering the right cases but this is a perfect example of what i hate that they do .

The four year anniversary of Leah Hickman's murder is coming up (next week). I went back and re-read all of the threads myself and the media links.

To me, it looks like LE knows precisely who did this, they just can't link it with evidence.

When this first occurred, there was a panic across Marshall University's campus and the town of Huntington. LE was quick to say that no one was in danger. That has to mean that Leah was targeted for a reason and they DO know who it is.

This is it. The Four Year Anniversary of Leah's death. Her Facebook page is still open, and each year on her birthday, she gets numerous well-wishes and condolences from her friends.

Interestingly, her half sister (at the time of murder her initials were JV, she has since gotten married), never-ever posts to her page and she does have an active FB account.

Many people suspected the sister (with an accomplice) but the police never proved anything and this case has since grown cold.

After researching today for any updates at all, I found this.

http://mydailyregister.com/view/full_story/3269415/article-Leah-Shyann-Russell

Leah was murdered on Dec. 14, 2007.

"Ryan and Jodi Russell, of West Columbia, would like to announce the birth and death of their infant daughter, Leah Shyann Russell. She went to be with the Lord, after being baptized by Pastor Huling Green in front of family and friends, Aug. 25, 2009 at Pleasant Valley Hospital."

"She is preceded in death by her aunt in which she was named after, Leah Hickman."

And I just called the Huntington, WV media outlets to remind them of this day and, at the very least, they could do a story in her remembrance and say that any information that could lead to the capture of the suspect is needed.

I will be checking their websites to see if they follow through.

thinking of you today Leah.... I hope someday you get justice

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back