WV - NEAL FALLS, suspected SK - LE seeking link to murders in IL, NV and OR

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
NMF was stopped in Benbrook, TX, on July 7, I believe. Plus, his MO appears to focus on women who advertise services online.

In terms of central location, St. Louis looks promising to me. But, if he followed security work across the country, he may have simply had an itinerant lifestyle. Difficult to tell where he might have considered a convenient location.

@Sutton - By the way, what does RSBM mean?

ETA: Benbrook cop had a body camera.
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Wa...ted-Serial-Killer-for-Speeding-320365301.html

Not sure, but doesn't seem like the dog is there. Could he have left it in Texas?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

NMF was stopped in Benbrook, TX, on July 7, I believe. Plus, his MO appears to focus on women who advertise services online.

In terms of central location, St. Louis looks promising to me. But, if he followed security work across the country, he may have simply had an itinerant lifestyle. Difficult to tell where he might have considered a convenient location.

@Sutton - By the way, what does RSBM mean?

ETA: Benbrook cop had a body camera.
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Wa...ted-Serial-Killer-for-Speeding-320365301.html

Not sure, but doesn't seem like the dog is there. Could he have left it in Texas?

Thanks. I forgot we had a date for Benbrook. The body cam is interesting. The conversation about him just having his car TIL he gets to WVA can be taken several ways. Either that he intends to have a place in WVA or he already does have a place in WVA. I am assuming that since LE is looking for the dog, they already asked the TX officer if the dog was with him. I don't think we can conclude from the video that the dog wasn't in the car with him. It's a short clip and The former landlord said he had a strange way of training the dog. Wish we knew what that meant. Did he train it not to bark? Who knows!

Also, if this guy were wandering back and faorth and all over and if statement to the officer is interpreted that he already had a place in West Virginia, I don't think we can rule the Bardstown missing woman out just by the date. It's roughly 13 hours between there and Benbrook. If he picked her up in Bardstown on the 3rd, he could have been in Texas on the 7th (maybe disposing of a body). Remember that a Las Vegas victim's remains were found in Illinois.

Is there a potential victim list started?

I really don't think this Jane Doe out of San Diego is a potential victim. I looked there because one of the phone numbers on his list had a San Diego County code. She doesn't fit his M.O. or his suspected method of disposing of bodies.

But she fits his suspected victimology, and the time period might? fit when he was in Nevada, so I figured it was worth noting even though there's likely no connection. She's the only case I spotted in San Diego County that could fit, but I know there are a ton of unsolved homicides in San Bernardino County. I don't have time to sift through them right now, but that's where one of the Las Vegas sex workers that might be connected to Falls was found, so it's probably worth checking.

On January 24, 2000, shortly after midnight, SDPD officers responded to the parking lot of the College Avenue Baptist Church at 6100 El Cajon Boulevard regarding a fire. When the officers arrived they found a body totally engulfed in flames. The victim was dead and no identification could be made.

A subsequent autopsy revealed the victim was a white female in her 20s, 5’9” to 5’10” and 190 - 200 lbs, with light brown hair. The woman had been stabbed and strangled to death. In addition, both of her hands and a portion of her left calf were missing, presumably cut off by the suspect to prevent authorities from identifying her.

The victim has never been identified.​
http://www.sandiego.gov/police/services/units/coldcase/2000.shtml

RSBM. I have not heard anything placing NF in or near upper MI. Has anyone else? At first, I agreed that the composite of the Jessica Heeringa suspect and the pic of NF were not similar. The composite doesn't even look like a real person. But as poster marble noted, composites often look like caricatures. The more I look at the individual features of each picture, the more similarities I see--in the jaw line, the chin and under the mouth, the throat, eyes, nose, maybe in the brows (those are just so odd in the drawing), and the lips.

Odd that NF wore full dentures. The only younger people I've known who wore dentures had very serious past or present cocaine, crack cocaine, or prescription pill (hydrocodone, oxycodone or carisoprodol (muscle relaxer)) problems. We all know about meth mouth, but I haven't been around many meth addicts. I wonder if NF used drugs.

Maybe he just had poor genetics or hygiene or past oral trauma.

I have a close friend that had to get all of his teeth removed in his very early 30's. Not a drug user at all, but what happened was that he'd gotten a badly infected tooth and was unable/procrastinated to get to a dentist quickly enough. The infection spread and he turned septic. It spread throughout his gumline and softened/damaged almost all of his other teeth. I wonder if it was something medical like this that caused Falls to lose his teeth.

If LE would release a timeline and type of dog, that would be FABULOUS. I think I'm wishful thinking; for some reason they are holding that timeline hostage?

I had been wondering if he'd still had a dog, and what became of it. Bless that poor dog's soul. Who knows how that psycho may have treated it. Poor thing. ;(

@Sutton - By the way, what does RSBM mean?...

Respectfully snipped by me. Just to acknowledge I am only including part of the post, but I'm not trying to change the original meaning or use the sniped portion out of context :)

Wow. Your internet is way more polite than the one I'm used to. :)

I think the sketch should be given some consideration. A good sketch depends on the memory of the witness and not everyone has photographic memories. Also the angle and lighting he was seen in may be a factor.

What intrigues me is the broad chin area in both. Also the eyes. The spacing is way off (due to side view by witness?) but the eyes themselves are spot on. People tend to look at someones eyes, and the rest of the face tends to be a general impression. The hair is another problem, but both are short.

So it should be considered as a "possible" imho.

I think the sketch should be given some consideration. A good sketch depends on the memory of the witness and not everyone has photographic memories. Also the angle and lighting he was seen in may be a factor.

What intrigues me is the broad chin area in both. Also the eyes. The spacing is way off (due to side view by witness?) but the eyes themselves are spot on. People tend to look at someones eyes, and the rest of the face tends to be a general impression. The hair is another problem, but both are short.

So it should be considered as a "possible" imho.

Then explain the vehicles not being the same. The vehicle that was seen is very clearly a Chrystler T&C. Not a Subaru Forrester

Then explain the vehicles not being the same. The vehicle that was seen is very clearly a Chrystler T&C. Not a Subaru Forrester

I hate to drive and have lived places where I don't have to, but even *I* have driven close to 15 different cars periodically over my lifetime and I'm about the same age as Falls is. Especially if you're driving inexpensive kind of crappy used cars it's not that unusual to need to replace them a lot. I wouldn't write Falls off based based solely on the vehicle being different.

My first thought when I read about the dentures was the one case player in the West Memphis 3 case who had gotten his teeth removed and thus was unable to be tested against bite marks found on one of the victims. I wonder if dentures are manufactured to be identical, ie it would be impossible to exclude any one set.

Just to clarify what NF's job position was at the Hoover Dam, he was traffic control, and it was an unarmed position. All the weapons he had on him at that time was not pertinent to the job. He worked off the 9 mile marker on the Arizona side.

[EDIT] Here is another story that 2 individuals who worked with NF both corroborate on. They said Neal openly bragged and was proud about this story:

"So the story goes he spent a long time earning the trust of this deer, trying to get it to eat from his hand. Eventually it started to trust him. And would eat right from his hand. And one day Neal just stabbed it in it's neck and killed it."

Now THAT story, if true, makes me interested in him in terms of the LISK case !

This was a couple years ago, so he could have gotten rid of the car recently or something. I got a new car 3 years ago after my hoopty died, then found out I was pregnant with my 4th child, so we had to trade our car for a minivan not even 2 years later. I had 3 different cars in 2.5 years. Just because he doesn't drive a T&C right now doesn't mean he never did.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

You know, I'm wondering if the risk of getting caught is part of the thrill for him. Maybe he wasn't getting careless or making rookie mistakes, but deliberately putting himself in danger from the police/his victims to increase the thrill.

http://www.wowktv.com/story/2968744...er-before-being-shot-dead-by-potential-victim

In the body cam footage from his Texas traffic stop, he seems really nonchalant. You can't see him much in it, but his voice is mostly casual, but there's a little edginess to it, like he's nervous but also confident that he's going to get off with a ticket or less. Given that people were saying his kill kit looked used, and he was traveling through and living in his car, he almost certainly had it in there with him, so why would he be speeding 20 miles over the limit? If he's really a serial killer with a long history, and it's looking more and more like he might be, why would he have so many contacts with the police without them spotting him? Why would he attack a woman in her own home in broad daylight?

Ted Bundy got bored with playing it safe and started abducting his victims from crowded locations like school plays, or locations where he could easily be caught like hotel hallways. He kidnapped and killed two women in one day in broad daylight from a crowded beach.

Given the comments Neal Falls made to the woman who killed him about getting caught and going to jail, maybe this was his way of playing with the cops to make things more exciting for him. Although if he's been killing god knows how many women for more than 10 years and had so many run-ins with the police with no more than a ticket, he may have gotten overconfident, too.

(on mobile so can't quote, sorry!)

I understand NF having different vehicles over time, but why would a single man with no children and only a dog, buy a minivan to start with? Sure, there can be speculation as to why, but I think the easier answer is that he just isn't quite the match this case.

Not trying to be a negative Nancy here so sorry if I come across like that!

If Falls was born in 1969, when do you think he could have started killing? Most serial killers seem to start killing in their early to mid 20s, so would it be safe to assume Falls could have been killing since the early 90s? I would assume that his earliest victims were in Oregon or a surrounding state as well.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aevans2025
Back