GUILTY WV - Riley Crossman, 15, Martinsburg, Morgan County, 7 May 2019 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So today's testimony was tough to hear so far and we are going to hear another long recording once the break is over.

RC was identified because of her orthodontia and dental records from her orthodontist. It's the same ortho that my daughter went to. Too close to home.....

Usually you arw not allowed to watch the trial if you are a potential witness, so I wonder too, why she can now watch since she is subject to recall as you say.
after her testimony defence said she may be called in their CIC but they agreed with judge and state that she could be present in court throughout trial

The trial makes sense if you view it from the lens of the prosecutor acting as COs defense.
Yep....... Exactly. My prediction will be he is convicted on concealment of the body and not guilty on 1st degree murder and death of a child by child abuse. The state is supposed to prove he committed 1st degree murder. The only thing they have proven is that he moved her and put her on the mountain side. IMO, he's covering up for someone. If he's convicted on the one count alone, he faces a year in jail. He's already served over a year.
This stinks to high heaven.

Friday, October 1st:
*Trial continues (Day 5) (@ am ET) - WV – Riley Grace Crossman (15) (reported missing May 8, 2019, Berkeley Springs; found May 16, 2019, near Tuscarora Pike in Berkeley County) - *Andrew (“Andy”) Jackson McCauley, Jr. (41/now 43) (mom’s BF) arrested & charged (5/16/19) & indicted (1/7/20) & re-indicted (6/17/21) with 1st degree murder, concealment of a deceased human body & felony charge of death of a child by a custodian by child abuse. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Trial was set to begin on 4/26/21. Jury selection began on 4/16 & jurors will be from Morgan County. Jury: 12 jurors & 2 alternates. These jurors will be let go & a new jury will be selected. First trial was cancelled due to COVID.
Trial began on 9/27/21. Jury selection started & finished on 9/17/21. Juror will come from Jefferson County & transported to the Morgan County courthouse. Trial expected to last 2 weeks.

Court info from 5/16/19 thru 8/19/21 & jury selection (9/17/21) & trial 9/27/21 to 9/28/21 (Day 1-2) reference post #658 here:
Found Deceased - WV - Riley Crossman, 15, Martinsburg, Morgan County, 7 May 2019 *arrest*

9/29/21 Wednesday, Trial Day 3: State witnesses: Luke Shambaugh, K9 handler. The witness who saw AM in the truck (who was a previous magistrate in Berkeley Springs). State should be finished by Friday. No other info available. Trial continues on 9/30/21.
9/30/21 Thursday, Trial Day 4: State witnesses: Brandy Eggeman, a certified dog trainer who assisted in discovering Crosssman’s body. Eggeman testified her dog Rock was altered to the odor of human decomposition in the back of a green pick-up truck that McCauley had allegedly been driving. Eggeman also mentioned Rock was alerted by the presence of decomposition, screws, & “drywall on some foliage” where Crossman’s body was located. West Virginia State Police Sgt. Jeanette also a white powdery substance located on the victim's body. The jury heard a recorded conversation (May 15, 2019) phone call between Crossman’s mother Chantel Oakley & McCauley. The defendant said in the conversation he had taken cocaine & heroin on the night of Crossman’s disappearance. Deborah Clavette - She was the one who saw his truck.
DA James said he plans to call forensic pathologist Dr. Piotr Kubiczek, two state forensics analysts & McCauley’s former work supervisor to testify. Testimonies are expected to continue into next week. No other info available. Trial continues on 10/1/21.

DNA testing results being read now. Only DNA from AM is in the sink, bathroom area and master bedroom wall (why was there blood in the master bedroom and wasn't CO sleeping during the time) and he was excluded from the DNA on ribbon. Nothing under nails. Nothing else that I have heard that ties AM to any of the other DNA results.

Pillow - RC primary source of DNA
Ribbon - RC primary source of DNA
Blanket- RC primary source of DNA
Top Sheet- RC primary source of DNA
Underwear - no human DNA
Left Shoe - Mixed DNA, no conclusive results

So now the state is trying to excuse the lack of AM's DNA so the jury doesn't rule him out as a suspect. Sorry but if I was on the jury, I have heard NOTHING from the state linking him to the actual death of RC. And today's the last day of the state's case. And as the SA said, paraphrased, the absence of evidence does not mean he didn't do it.

Poor Riley. She didn't deserve any of this. And I don't see justice for Riley coming from this.

Oh no, this isn't the news I was hoping for. I guess the state had to put this out there pre-emptively as the defense will surely focus on the absence of his DNA.

DNA testing results being read now. Only DNA from AM is in the sink, bathroom area and master bedroom wall (why was there blood in the master bedroom and wasn't CO sleeping during the time) and he was excluded from the DNA on ribbon. Nothing under nails. Nothing else that I have heard that ties AM to any of the other DNA results.

Pillow - RC primary source of DNA
Ribbon - RC primary source of DNA
Blanket- RC primary source of DNA
Top Sheet- RC primary source of DNA
Underwear - no human DNA
Left Shoe - Mixed DNA, no conclusive results

So now the state is trying to excuse the lack of AM's DNA so the jury doesn't rule him out as a suspect. Sorry but if I was on the jury, I have heard NOTHING from the state linking him to the actual death of RC. And today's the last day of the state's case. And as the SA said, paraphrased, the absence of evidence does not mean he didn't do it.

Poor Riley. She didn't deserve any of this. And I don't see justice for Riley coming from this.

So RC's boyfriend is set to testify and he just turned 18 and the boyfriend and his parents have asked for his testimony not to be televised. They are going to let the audio be aired but he will not be on camera. Another kid who has been traumatized by all of this and now has to go in front of the world and relive it all. IMO.

DNA found under her nails, it wasn't RCs, It wasn't AMs. It wasn't even male DNA, it was female. Once it was discovered to be female DNA, no more research into it occured. Noone bothered to see if it was a match for anyone else in the household or circle.

This is a classic Morgan County circus.

So.... can anyone tell me "who" the witnesses were from 10/1/21?

TIA if you can! :)

DNA found under her nails, it wasn't RCs, It wasn't AMs. It wasn't even male DNA, it was female. Once it was discovered to be female DNA, no more research into it occured. Noone bothered to see if it was a match for anyone else in the household or circle.

Wow

I can't believe they didn't even establish whether it was her own DNA.

It was "unknown female". Riley's DNA is known DNA. No other adults in the picture were checked for scratches, injuries, defensive wounds, etc, or even a DNA sample taken from the onset of this investigation.
Ah, thank you. I wonder if they just didn't go further due to shoddiness or they didn't want to have an answer on record.

I can't believe they didn't even establish whether it was her own DNA.
Not only that but in the process of the investigation, if they were that invested in finding the truth, wouldn’t they have taken everyone’s DNA to compare so they had some kind of definitive matches to exclude/include people in the samples? This case reeks of impropriety. At the very least, if this this the way they conduct all investigations, they should be investigated and if not, a red flag should be flying high for all to see.
I do not think AM is innocent by any means but there was no proof whatsoever that he killed her. The investigation was shoddy, at best. They allowed the house to be torn down before the trial even began. They didn’t investigate the house to see where the crime actually happened. I mean they didn’t even look at the mattress for anything. The whole thing stinks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back