GUILTY WV - Skylar Neese, 16, Star City, 6 July 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too Scorekeeper... so scared this case will go off the radar without justice for our girl! I've been here since the beginning and here til the end. JUSTICE FOR SKYLAR... SSSSOOOONN.. maybe tomorrow!

When was dc arrested? I saw it on an earlier post

Beats me...I must have the wrong DC. The one I've been looking at has a football player avi and just tweeted about half an hour ago, so I doubt he's the one locked up (if anyone is). Maybe it's his brother with the same initials?

Beats me...I must have the wrong DC. The one I've been looking at has a football player avi and just tweeted about half an hour ago, so I doubt he's the one locked up (if anyone is). Maybe it's his brother with the same initials?

The younger dc brother was arrested most recently in the first week of January and charged with possession. The older dc brother has been arrested a few times prior to skylars disappearance. I'm not sure if either of them have been arrested since the body was found.

The younger dc brother was arrested most recently in the first week of January and charged with possession. The older dc brother has been arrested a few times prior to skylars disappearance. I'm not sure if either of them have been arrested since the body was found.

Hmmm, so maybe younger bro gets busted and gives up the location of the body to get off (timing fits). I wonder what else he told them? They couldn't hold him based on his having knowledge of her remains without at least a cause of death (which may or may not be able to be determined given the length of time she was out there), combined with the fact that she *apparently* left home on her own. Nevertheless, interesting timing, as I said.

It still boggles my mind that the body was found January 16 but the indentification was not released until March 13.

Does anyone know what took so long?

It still boggles my mind that the body was found January 16 but the indentification was not released until March 13.

Does anyone know what took so long?

No, but it's giving me a lot to think about with another case waiting on identification for over a month.

In many cases, they're continuing to investigate during the period between finding remains and announcing an ID. Certainly, they usually would know pretty quickly who they have, especially if they have familial exemplars for DNA comparison (or dental records). But beyond notifying the family that there has been a positive ID, there's really nothing to be gained by announcing it publicly--and, in fact, doing so could have the opposite effect. If the killer knows they've found the victim, they might run.
Of course, it's possible that announcing publicly could generate leads (due to the location of the remains), but really...in a case like this, with the body found in a remote area, who besides the killer(s) and/or his or her or their accomplices is going to know anything of value?
The other thing is, sometimes the family member(s) of the victim are persons of interest in the crime (not saying that's the case here), and that might also result in LE keeping an ID a secret---again, to give them more time to investigate and not spook the suspect/POI.

One thing I've noticed, is that as soon as the ID was announced the second week of March, all of the little comments going back and forth between the Twitteridiots have dried up. Skylar is not even mentioned...except for a couple of holiday shout outs (on Easter, no less). Sure, maybe they smartened up all of a sudden and realized that social networks aren't the place to be so blasé about the murder of a close friend that you were among the very last people to see alive...but then again, maybe they're spooked by the discovery. Wondering if they missed something when they dumped her...or dropped something...like a hair...that could be the very thing that leads the cops right to them.

Oh yeah...almost forgot!

If you want a little insight into what kind of person DC the younger might be, check out post #49 at this link:

http://forum.grasscity.com/seasoned-tokers/537010-number-one-rule-grasscity-com-4.html

This is allegedly posted by the "man" himself, and he not only claims to smoke (and grow) a lot of weed, but he calls out a local cop (by name) and, depending on how you read it, threatens the cop with death.

The kind of person who would post something like this is a loose cannon. They're also either a hot-headed smack talker or a very dangerous individual, and maybe both.

Oh yeah...almost forgot!

If you want a little insight into what kind of person DC the younger might be, check out post #49 at this link:

http://forum.grasscity.com/seasoned-tokers/537010-number-one-rule-grasscity-com-4.html

This is allegedly posted by the "man" himself, and he not only claims to smoke (and grow) a lot of weed, but he calls out a local cop (by name) and, depending on how you read it, threatens the cop with death.

The kind of person who would post something like this is a loose cannon. They're also either a hot-headed smack talker or a very dangerous individual, and maybe both.

Absolutely vile.

LOL... I was like wow! :eek:

:floorlaugh:

I know that sounded really rude but I didn't mean it like that, it just amazes me how he actually calls out a police officer by name, both of the dc's are morons! Especially the older one

I'm not sure where this falls in the TOS. If this isn't appropriate, please delete.
I looked in the local paper and found this:

D(y) L. C, 19, of Morgantown, was arrested for
1. Possession of a controlled substance
2. Possession of marijuana paraphernalia
3. Improper registration
This happened on January 7, and was published in the local paper on January 8. I believe this is probably the OLDER brother.

I'm not sure where this falls in the TOS. If this isn't appropriate, please delete.
I looked in the local paper and found this:

January 8, 2013, Page 2-A
C, D L., 19, of Morgantown, possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana paraphernalia and improper registration, Jan. 7; Trooper M. I believe this is probably the OLDER brother.

Nope that's younger, I remember that. He didn't get a mugshot because he got bailed out by a cousin I believe .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654