GUILTY WV - Skylar Neese, 16, Star City, 6 July 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a waste of three lives. The pain and suffering doesn't just touch beautiful Skylar, it reaches out and touches every one of the people that cared for any of those involved. To me twenty years just does not seem long enough, confession or not, knowing that she most likely won't serve those twenty years. I wonder if she confessed because she thought she better be the first one to do it to get the best deal. Wondering if she thought that someone was going to turn her in.
I appreciate her confessing, but really not to much. If she had remorse and a conscience she should have never done the deed or confessed immediately afterward.
Just needing to hear why they did it and why confess after this amount of time.
Prayers for peace and comfort for the family and all those that love Skylar.

MOO

If it wasn't premeditated, why did the girls have a knife with them (since Skylar was stabbed)? I never carried a knife with me to go hang out with girlfriends or friends as a high school teenager (and I was raised fishing and hunting).

Finally the wheels of justice are turning for Skylar.

I want to know WHY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't begin to tell you how pleased I was to see this. I didn't really ever think that the secret could be kept forever, but I was beginning to wonder if there would be any movement in the case without the passage of a substantial amount of time.

Shoaf got the deal--the other juvenile in custody will not be so lucky. I am virtually certain that the indictment will be for first degree murder, and that there will be no plea deal offered or accepted. Shoaf will testify against the other girl, who will find out what "mean girls" really are.

The unfortunate part about this development is that until we know more--IF we EVER do--then we can't ever really be sure that Shoaf wasn't the primary aggressor and didn't simply take advantage of the opportunity to grab a reduced sentence (screwing over her "friend" in the process).

I just hope that Shoaf doesn't get any sympathy from the sentencing judge, and gets the full 20 she bargained for. And I hope that the other girl gets the max (which for 1st degree murder in WV is life without parole), but I'm slightly concerned that the ages of the defendants will result in greatly reduced sentences for one or both of them.

Skylar, I'm so sorry it has taken this long to have closure begin in your case. I have four children of my own, and I pray that I never have to go through what your parents have. This was a senseless crime, and just because your killers will not go unpunished doesn't make your death any easier to reconcile.

I cannot believe the things that people do to each other--and the carelessness with which people treat their fellow human beings. This is a bittersweet victory...really, no victory at all.

I'm horrified hearing Skylar was stabbed to death, it's so hard to understand. Rest in peace child.
I wonder if Rachel came forward or was confronted when she confessed? does anyone know?

Would she ever have owned up to it,if Skylar was not found? Somehow I doubt it.

I can not comprehend the grace or the class that this woman showed here. I would neither be graceful, nor would I be classful? I would be blaming and enraged.

I salute Skylar's mom - to a degree I can't even fathom.

Agreed, she is showing class, courage, and wonderful grace during a terrible time. Just beautiful that she can recognize their pain as parents, even though their daughter did a disgusting thing to hers.

Agreed, she is showing class, courage, and wonderful grace during a terrible time. Just beautiful that she can recognize their pain as parents, even though their daughter did a disgusting thing to hers.

It just makes me think and reflect on WHY I would be so filled with hate ( I can only imagine- not having being in their shoes) and pray for that kind of forgiveness in my life.

Rachel was probably instructed by the attorney, as part of the plea agreement, not to publically say what happened since they will need her testimony to prosecute the other girl. I hope that Skylar's parents will get a truthful accounting of what happened and the motive behind what those girls did. If I was the D.A., I sure wouldn't want Rachel talking publically yet.

I thought this all along.. like most of you. At first I was mortified.. now I am angry. Really, really angry.. 20 years and she probably won't do half that. Her parents will make sure she has every luxury she can while there. She will still be a young woman when she is free. This is not justice for Skylar. Not even close. Looking at the picure of RS and Skylar, I can'teven imagine that one of those girls could kill the other, much less in this brutal of a manner, with so much coldness and deception.

I can only surmise since LE did not arrest them prior to Skylar's remains being found that they needed this plea to get convictions. So I will take it.

I don't think I ever really figured out who drove the car that night. I just knew it was either SE or RS. I wonder how MB (twitter) is feeling right now? I have to admit I thoroughly enjoyed her tweets.

RIP Skylar... this is just so darn tragic all the way around.

Sadly, I suspect RS was the person who drove this crime. And now she's got her deal in place and will leave SE holding the bag, to take the lion's share of the punishment.

At least the Neeses can have some semblance of closure. That is what is most important. Skylar is beyond caring about such earthly things. It is her parents wellbeing she would be concerned with.

I pray they can now close the door on the unknowning and begin to heal.

All these months wading through twitter posts and reading what these girls were doing makes me sick. All along trying to conceal what they did to Skylar. Reading twitter, RS was going skiing (before her twitter went private) and SE going to the prom. What about Skylar? She will never get to do any of this, thanks to her BFF's!

I hope and pray RS gets the full 20 yrs and SE gets the same if not more. 20 yrs is not long enough in my book.

I also don't believe they were the only ones involved and neither do some out there in twitter land. JMO

https://twitter.com/RegretfulAsshat

Skylar, your Justice is almost here, seems like it will all be over soon! May you Rest in Peace and Fly with the Angels!

I pray Mr. and Mrs. Neese find the answers they need and the strength to get through this.

ETA: Pretty Little Liars Club Indeed!

It's pretty clear that RS sought legal advice and they told her that flipping on (presumably) SE would get her a lighter sentence. This happens fairly often, and I certainly don't believe it's a travesty of justice. However, I do find it concerning that (presumably) SE will be punished as the "more" guilty party based on the word of RS, who had a lawyer tell her to fess up. IMO, I don't actually know that RS lawyered up early, but I suspect she broke down and told a family member who took her to a lawyer immediately. I also agree with the above poster who said that they were probably shaky on convictions before the plea, because otherwise they would have been charged.

All these months wading through twitter posts and reading what these girls were doing makes me sick. All along trying to conceal what they did to Skylar. Reading twitter, RS was going skiing (before her twitter went private) and SE going to the prom. What about Skylar? She will never get to do any of this, thanks to her BFF's!

I hope and pray RS gets the full 20 yrs and SE gets the same if not more. 20 yrs is not long enough in my book.

I also don't believe they were the only ones involved and neither do some out there in twitter land. JMO

https://twitter.com/RegretfulAsshat

Skylar, your Justice is almost here, seems like it will all be over soon! May you Rest in Peace and Fly with the Angels!

I pray Mr. and Mrs. Neese find the answers they need and the strength to get through this.

ETA: Pretty Little Liars Club Indeed!

Thanks for the link Sparky. I had never even gone on twitter until this case, it makes getting lost in FB hell fun. Their twitter posts keep going thru my brain. So darn cold. All those posts about "hating to wait", and "Hating homework", and telling the birds to shut up because they are annoying, waiting for her bff's to go to Olive Garden, wanting to see a whale in person, how they can't wait for prom, that singing, dancing, and music is their life....
these tweets give me comfort. The things they hate, they will wish for now, except the waiting, and the things they love.. no more dancing, no more music, no more prom, no more Olive Garden, no more tweeting, no more weed, or makeup, no more annoying birds singing. Life as they know it is over.

I know you are singing, and dancing and listening to beautiful music, Skylar.

Wow, that's all I can say, these girls are so evil, on se's cousins page she said only 2 hours ago" I can't wait for shiela to come stay with me " wtf are they seriously letting this psychopath out?!??

wish I hadn't dived back into twitter. Ugly ugly ugly girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654