GUILTY WV - Skylar Neese, 16, Star City, 6 July 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like two juveniles were charged this (Wednesday) morning in Circuit Court.

Rachel Shoaf pled guilty to second degree MURDER (not Manslaugher). She is only 16, but agreed to be transferred to adult status.
The other juvenile (also charged) is still in custody, but they aren't releasing any other information, due to the "nature" of the proceedings.

I also heard that they took Shoaf out of the Courtroom IMMEDIATELY after she pled. It's only my opinion, but I would say that she took the deal and turned on whoever else. Anyone else have other news or opinions?

Stabbing would not exactly be manslaughter, in my opinion. Glad it is at least a murder charge.

Something finally shifted in this case! Very happy that Skylar's family may get some truth after all this time.

I was suprised about it being a stabbing rather than the death being blamed on an accident.

I want to know the motive! I think Rachel took the plea to keep it out of federal jurisdiction. Was she killed in WV and her body removed to PA? Or was she taken to PA with the intent of killing her? Either way, it would be a federal case wouldn't it? Unless both the FBI and the state of WV agreed to keep it a state case?

I look at Rachel's picture and also the other young girl who was arrested . I have a daughter their age. I can't imagine finding out that your child killed another child on purpose. I really thought it was an accident and the other kids were to afraid to tell what happened.

YES! Finally! Answers for her family. Finally, justice. I am so happy that this case has moved in the right direction.

Finally, some answers about what happened to Skylar. Thank you to all who posted links to MSM and court documents. This is such a tragedy, not only for Skylar and her family, but also the girls responsible and their families. SMH

My mom called me at 2pm today while I was at work to tell me about the news. She remembered I used to be a nanny for the girl who confessed and that I had been following the case.

I can't say I'm shocked that RS was the one to confess. Her family is not rich, but I believe they are better off than the other girls we have talked about the last few months. It's clear she got the best legal advice and decided to save herself.

The legal docs are interesting because they imply that she got a lesser charge in exchange for turning on the other juvenile (presumably SE). I hope she tells all and Skylar's family will finally be able to begin to grieve and move on from the limbo in which they've been living.

Hearing lots of local gossip from mom. I guess we'll see how everything shakes out.

Wow. Just wow. This was the first case I followed on here. It's the one I joined for. Skylar's family needed this, and she certainly deserved justice but wow. I wanted to believe so badly that it was an accident and that a child or children would not do this to another child. The worst part for me is that the motive was probably something so trivial. Stupid high school drama leading to something like this.

Your girlfriends are supposed to be the ones who are there for you. The one's who tell you that stupid boy wasn't good enough for you anyway. They are supposed to hold your hair when you're sick from drinking too much and then cover up for you with your parents. They are supposed to be there to support and love you. Hers took her life from her, and then turned around to show no remorse and barely mention her again. What kind of child does that?

okay, so now that we have a plea and the beginning of the answers as to what happened that night, am I correct in my recall that the young lady who took the plea is the one who picked her up that night and claimed to have returned her dropping her a block or so away from home?

We've spent so long referring to all these key players by initials I want to make sure I am right in remembering the who's who.

mean girls. Stupid senseless "reasons"

I knew it I have always known it and it doesn't make it any easier to fathom, even after all this time has passed.

SMH

What a frikkin waste. Countless lives changed for ever and one ended completely. stupid stupid stupid.

Wow. I'm stunned. Mean girls indeed. This is horrifying. Skylars parents are a class act. Thank you all for the links. I've gotta step away and process this. ((hugs)) to Skylar's family and true friends and all of you.

Wow I can't believe another female teenager is the murderer. What is this world coming to??? And stabbing, how personal and brutal. That takes a truly awful person to be able to do something like that to someone

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

I just saw this on Facebook and feel so relieved there is movement in the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, I was not expecting this outcome so quickly. I pray that justice is done for Skylar.

How horrible! I can't help but to think if the boyfriend had not broken up with her (she stated he broke up with her in her youtube comments a month ago) that she would not have confessed. Young girls do strange things to not have to leave a boy or feel their life is over after a boy breaks up with them. Thankfully, she has given information for sweet Skylar and her family to find a small amount of peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!