GUILTY WV - Skylar Neese, 16, Star City, 6 July 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that's all I can say, these girls are so evil, on se's cousins page she said only 2 hours ago" I can't wait for shiela to come stay with me " wtf are they seriously letting this psychopath out?!??

I'm wondering how true that is, since she has been engaged in fights on twitter all day with people talking about SE. Maybe she is just saying that to "show the haters" and make it clear that she is standing by her cousin.

wish I hadn't dived back into twitter. Ugly ugly ugly girls.

Oh, I know. I fell down the twitter rabbit hole and it just blackens my heart. I cannot imagine being so cold. These girls chill me to the bone.

Thanks for the link Sparky. I had never even gone on twitter until this case, it makes getting lost in FB hell fun. Their twitter posts keep going thru my brain. So darn cold. All those posts about "hating to wait", and "Hating homework", and telling the birds to shut up because they are annoying, waiting for her bff's to go to Olive Garden, wanting to see a whale in person, how they can't wait for prom, that singing, dancing, and music is their life....
these tweets give me comfort. The things they hate, they will wish for now, except the waiting, and the things they love.. no more dancing, no more music, no more prom, no more Olive Garden, no more tweeting, no more weed, or makeup, no more annoying birds singing. Life as they know it is over.

I know you are singing, and dancing and listening to beautiful music, Skylar.

LOVED your ETA!!!

I guess this means prom is off, huh? But what about the limo?

LOVED your ETA!!!

I guess this means prom is off, huh? But what about the limo?

Oh there will be very special limo service from now on, including their very own "body" guards.

Wow, that's all I can say, these girls are so evil, on se's cousins page she said only 2 hours ago" I can't wait for shiela to come stay with me " wtf are they seriously letting this psychopath out?!??

I'm wondering how true that is, since she has been engaged in fights on twitter all day with people talking about SE. Maybe she is just saying that to "show the haters" and make it clear that she is standing by her cousin.

^^^ I tend to agree, my fruit-labeled friend. Who else would be in custody? SA is posting...SE is not. We KNOW they have a juvenile in custody, so who could it be if not her?

If they think she's going to get bond or be released to her folks, those Twidiots are really clueless.

Too bad life without parole is the most SE can get (and that Shoaf will in all likelihood wind up serving way less than the 20 years she bargained for). I do understand it, though...without Shoaf, they wouldn't feel confident enough to seek a 1st charge against any other co-conspirators. The really crappy thing is, Shoaf could have been the brains behind the whole thing, and because she flipped on her "friend(s)," she'll get the deal and no one else will have a prayer.
There is NOTHING they could say--other than possibly offering to plead guilty to 1st degree in exchange for a chance at parole after fifty or so years (though I *think* that life without might be the mandatory sentence in WV and there may be no judicial discretion)--that would put them in anywhere NEAR as good a position as Shoaf's lawyers have crafter for her.

Sad, disgusting, and totally makes you lose all hope for the future of our society that things like this go on...

This is a horror show :(
The young people are just a lost generation. I know , over time, these things have happened
now and then but it seems epidemic. No one cares about anyone else. Morals, ethics, uh.. FEELINGS for others are just gone. What have we become ? :(

You know, now that I think about it, I'm coming to the realization that a great many of the lesser offenders in this case will go completely unpunished. How about the adolescents in Morgantown/Star City who knew what had happened and just went on about their lives as if the whole thing had never occurred. You have Sky's frantic parents, who probably haven't had a good night's sleep in almost a year (unless it was out of exhaustion), a community of panicked adults who fear there might be a killer on the loose (which there WAS, but you know what I mean), and a small-town law enforcement agency whose time is being spent chasing shadows instead of fighting or preventing other crime...and all the while there's this *knowledge* bubbling through the teens in this community. I just can't believe it took as long as it did to find her--and I bet that had absolutely nothing to do with a tip from anyone prompted by their concern about the slow progress on the case...

I hate to sound like a jerk here, but maybe they should do something drastic, like CANCEL the prom, to send a message to these kids that this is not a movie or a video game or a sinister little TV show. I would bet the powers that be at UHS wouldn't even consider that tactic, and will claim that the kids there have "suffered enough," which is a pronouncement that I find laughable at best. Think about who has really suffered in this case, and about who had the power to assuage that torture...even just a little bit...but instead did nothing.

^^^ I tend to agree, my fruit-labeled friend. Who else would be in custody? SA is posting...SE is not. We KNOW they have a juvenile in custody, so who could it be if not her?

If they think she's going to get bond or be released to her folks, those Twidiots are really clueless.

Too bad life without parole is the most SE can get (and that Shoaf will in all likelihood wind up serving way less than the 20 years she bargained for).

I have been wondering about the sentencing for "the other juvenile". While RS agreed to be charged as an adult, I read some local reporting that stated "the other juvenile" had been 'charged as a juvenile' as opposed to saying that they simply had them in custody. I will search for a link. If they are charged as a juvenile I do not know how likely LWOP is? I cannot say I agree that it is too bad that LWOP is the 'worst' they can get, because even if West Virginia had the death penalty we have laws in this country against the death penalty for minors. These are laws I personally agree with and feel very strongly about, though that is JMO and I'm sure other people feel differently. Does anyone know what the sentencing guidelines are for someone who is charged with 1st degree murder as a juvenile? Is it likely that "the other juvenile" will be charged as a juvenile?

You know, now that I think about it, I'm coming to the realization that a great many of the lesser offenders in this case will go completely unpunished. How about the adolescents in Morgantown/Star City who knew what had happened and just went on about their lives as if the whole thing had never occurred. You have Sky's frantic parents, who probably haven't had a good night's sleep in almost a year (unless it was out of exhaustion), a community of panicked adults who fear there might be a killer on the loose (which there WAS, but you know what I mean), and a small-town law enforcement agency whose time is being spent chasing shadows instead of fighting or preventing other crime...and all the while there's this *knowledge* bubbling through the teens in this community. I just can't believe it took as long as it did to find her--and I bet that had absolutely nothing to do with a tip from anyone prompted by their concern about the slow progress on the case...

I hate to sound like a jerk here, but maybe they should do something drastic, like CANCEL the prom, to send a message to these kids that this is not a movie or a video game or a sinister little TV show. I would bet the powers that be at UHS wouldn't even consider that tactic, and will claim that the kids there have "suffered enough," which is a pronouncement that I find laughable at best. Think about who has really suffered in this case, and about who had the power to assuage that torture...even just a little bit...but instead did nothing.

I'm not sure I believe that there were too many others who knew something had happened, though I tend to think the best here while others seem to know that the worst has occurred. What do we have to show that others knew and did not say anything? A journalist from the area had this to say:

Andrew Forgotch ‏@forgotch5news 7h

I was also told by police today that went Skylar first went missing ... a lot of people pointed to Rachel Shoaf.

So it seems that a lot of the rumors that were going around were relayed to LE, and I think it's somewhat disingenuous to assume that the entire school knew this horrifying secret and yet it took a confession and plea deal to get things rolling.

The things her fellow inmates will be doing to her body will not qualify as "guarding" it...

lol, I actually meant the guard guards but yours works too ;)

I'm not sure I believe that there were too many others who knew something had happened, though I tend to think the best here while others seem to know that the worst has occurred. What do we have to show that others knew and did not say anything? A journalist from the area had this to say:

Andrew Forgotch ‏@forgotch5news 7h

I was also told by police today that went Skylar first went missing ... a lot of people pointed to Rachel Shoaf.

So it seems that a lot of the rumors that were going around were relayed to LE, and I think it's somewhat disingenuous to assume that the entire school knew this horrifying secret and yet it took a confession and plea deal to get things rolling.

I fall somewhere in the middle - I think there was quite a bit of talk around the area and many either knew or suspected. It wasn't rocket science. I don't know the people, the area, and based on what I gleaned from the initial stories it was obvious to me, a total stranger along with many others here.

Knowing and proving are two entirely different animals. I suspect LE has believed for some time that these girls were responsible. I think after the body was identified LE bluffed RS into thinking they had solid evidence against her and her parents panicked and had a come to Jesus talk with her, she confessed, they lined up excellent legal advice commensurate to their means and she worked her deal.

MOO, had she not confessed, we'd all still be sitting here watching twitter and discussing rumor.

Looks like some locals are talking on a website called topixs. I just googled Rachel Shoaf and it popped up, just something to keep an eye on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTH, I've already dived into the disgusting twitters why not go all the way and dive into the topix cespool

ETA AND thats all I can stand. I feel like I need a long hot shower.

Skylars last tweet was "you doing s*** like that is why I will NEVER completely trust you." the day she went missing. 7:48pm

:(

those girls are scumbags, I hope they rot

I am convinced SE is the other one locked "locked up". She has lied from the start. Withheld information from everyone. Reading her twitter is infuriating and around when Skylars body was identified her twitter so to speak "tribute" was nothing but a bunch of BS and it was obvious she wanted to have mainly herself in them like they were bffs but she's in the focus. All these months she has known Skylar is dead and probably where she was. I hope both of them never enjoy life again.

I'm very sorry about what happened. I had Skylar's missing poster on my facebook for awhile and just found out. Where was her body found? Was she hidden or buried? I work with teens so crimes committed by young people get me very upset, especially the way they cover for each other. It's really something that should be studied. The no-snitching thing pizzes me off so much. So it took almost 10 MONTHS for someone to finally talk. Unfreaking believable. RIP beautiful Skylar.

UPDATE as of Friday, 5/3/13:

No additional charges will be filed in the death of Skylar according to the local Morgantown newspaper. The juvenile file has been sealed and no further information will be released. "We do not have any evidence to suggest any other involvement at this time" quoted by the prosecutor.

She was found 30 miles from her home??? So then she was killed and then transported out or killed out there. If she was killed out there, there would have been another person holding her while the other drove, IMO. WTF is wrong with these messed up kids? What did it? Jealousy over a guy? Disrespect? Serious anger management issues? wow. I'm trying to figure out who the other person arrested is, I know it the info is protected but I'm very curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654