GUILTY WV - Skylar Neese, 16, Star City, 6 July 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yellow shorts and a multi-colored shirt....

Where have I heard that clothing description before?
Help me here...
Another missing teen....

I hope the police interviewed local sex offenders. I only found 2 from Star City on the WV Police website. One of them is a 59-yo black male convicted of assulting a pre-pubescent family member. The other is a 60-yo white male who assulted a female acquaintance aged 13-17 (preference is correct). His house looks shady too. There is a shed in the back. Do police need a warrant to search the property of a registered sex offender that is no longer on probation?

Offender (DDM) has address on Herman Ave, which is about a mile to everywhere in Star City.

Although, my intuition would lead me to believe it a student at WVU that she may have befriended.

I'm a Morgantown native and resident. If the "best friend" is telling the truth about dropping Skylar off down the street from her apartment complex (which I think she is not being honest about), the odds of her being abducted by a stranger as she walked down the road to her apartment building in this town are slim to none unless someone was actively stalking her. I don't think she fell victim to a crime of opportunity. I'm not saying it's an impossibility, but it's not where my gut would lead me. If she met with foul play, it was most definitely by the hands of someone she knew - or at least someone who knew her.

IMO, there is also still a chance that she did run away from home for whatever reason. There are almost no posters of her (I've never personally seen one) and I have noticed little to no publicity about the case locally. I did hear about it on the radio when it happened, but it's not like her face and name are plastered all over town or anything like that. She could blend in very easily and stay hidden as long as the people around her were unaware that she was missing, or were willing to keep her secret. There is endless student housing she could crash at here.

I honestly don't know what to make of the case. There just aren't enough details. I'm starting to get a bad feeling about it, though...

Some of the things that you discussed before ... like the twitter postings.... those things were based on a Tarot reading as far as where Skylar was.

A Tarot reading?! Could you offer more insight as to why you're saying that and who asked for the reading? I'm really intrigued. To the best of my knowledge, Tarot is much better at providing readings about abstract concepts than specific locations. Although some cards can refer to concrete things like people's appearances, I've always heard that reading like that was less accurate since it shutted down most of the meanings the cards can have. It's the difference between getting the Queen of Swords in a reading and reading it as someone who is persuasive, knowledgeable, and so on (or applying this to a happening and not a person) versus an adult woman with dark hair.

ETA: Would Apple really be able to pinpoint a location of an Ipod?

I don't think Apple can track down an iPod's location very easily. For stolen devices, there are some apps you can use to track it down via GPS but they can be unreliable. Maybe on cases like missing people Apple themselves can do it and just won't bother with stolen devices.

If it's an iPhone it may be easier since it's also a phone and has more features and connectivity options. The iPod Touch also has more features like that unlike old iPods so maybe they could do it too.

I'm not a fan of Apple devices so I could be wrong about all this and hopefully someone else can provide more explanation. Assuming it's impossible, the only conceivable reason they'd refuse it would be to save face but then people who own iPods already know that they won't track stolen devices for you by default and if it's a technical impossibility people who are big fans and know all the technical details would know that already. If it's possible the only reason would be if they thought that was a breach against their costumer's privacy.

I'm not that familiar with US law but correct me if I'm wrong, you can't refuse a subpoena (only maybe contest it) but not flat out say no and ignore it. Lots of websites and prodcuts specifically say they won't hand out your information unless it's required by the law.

I'm a Morgantown native and resident. If the "best friend" is telling the truth about dropping Skylar off down the street from her apartment complex (which I think she is not being honest about), the odds of her being abducted by a stranger as she walked down the road to her apartment building in this town are slim to none unless someone was actively stalking her. I don't think she fell victim to a crime of opportunity. I'm not saying it's an impossibility, but it's not where my gut would lead me. If she met with foul play, it was most definitely by the hands of someone she knew - or at least someone who knew her.

IMO, there is also still a chance that she did run away from home for whatever reason. There are almost no posters of her (I've never personally seen one) and I have noticed little to no publicity about the case locally. I did hear about it on the radio when it happened, but it's not like her face and name are plastered all over town or anything like that. She could blend in very easily and stay hidden as long as the people around her were unaware that she was missing, or were willing to keep her secret. There is endless student housing she could crash at here.

I honestly don't know what to make of the case. There just aren't enough details. I'm starting to get a bad feeling about it, though...

The lack of posters and publicity is odd, reading about this case from a distance would led me to believe that her parents and everyone else have been spreading posters and pleas for help tirelessly. Weird. I too think there's a chance that she just ran away and is staying under the radar. I hope she's safe.

To me the foul play option seems very likely by this point, not from a stranger while walking back home but somewhere else. An accident at a party or a stranger hurting her while she and her friends were doing something they weren't supposed to, or even an adult in her life like a relative (not necessarily from her immediate family) or an authority figure. There's just a lot that could have happened and made people with leads too afraid to speak up, especially as far as teenaged friends go.

As an aside I think we can safely ignore that twitter. Clearly the hypothesis that she ran into foul play while out with her friends are not new to her family and local people so this twitter could be anyone who is convinced that it's true and that her friends will crack this way. Especially if it's based on that Tarot reading it's just not someone with insider knowledge IMO. I also like to hope that someone who did know that and was so strongly against her friends would come forward and say something rather than post anonymously on twitter of all places.

I wanted to post here earlier but got sidetracked. Anyway, I hope that the Grand Jury hearings help in finding Skylar and those that are responsible for her missing are brought to justice. IMO there are a few people who know exactly what happened to Skylar and where she is at.

You know while reading the petition, it was mentioned Skylar didn't take her contacts. If she was stressed over paying bills, cut 3 cells off, it's very possible she had this planned and and it's been in the works for sometime. She could always stash personal items away with someone or somewhere. I think it is very strange mom was upset because a missing poster has been circulated around the internet and "she didn't approve it" If this were my child, I wouldn't care as long as her face was out there.

I just started reading about Skylar after seeing her Missing poster on FB. As a girl that is still relatively young and having run away several times at Skylar's age it doesn't seem right to me. I did have things stashed away with friends if things with my family did get bad and I needed to get away, BUT, I never went anywhere without my glasses like Skylar did. I wear contacts on a daily basis but if I wasn't working and making money I know my contacts I'm wearing will only last me so long, it only makes sense to take glasses with you.

The second thing that didn't make sense to me is why she hasn't touched her bank account. If she had a job and was planning on running away she would have went to the bank to withdraw the money or she would have attempted to access the money since she went missing.

Also has it been determined if she had a boyfriend at the time she went missing? From this Twitter post "sorry I dont take most high school relationships seriously. learn to revolve your lives around friends or something that matters later on." on June 17th it makes it seem like she had a boyfriend at the time. Maybe he didn't feel mutual with her comment?

I just read these posts, as a member of a family that has had a sibling missing for almost 41 years.....I am horribly upset. To begin with I live in WV and had not even heard of this case until now. That sets off all kinds of bells and whistles for me. Even now....as long as my sister has been gone.....we do anything and everything we can to get her information out there at any given opportunity. I can't imagine why there is such a lack of publicity on this case.
I am also confused by an earlier post that states She had 3 cell phones shut off.....what on earth is a 16 yr old doing with that many active cell phones? I have to wonder if there is anything hidden in those closed accounts that could lead to her whereabouts?
The fact that she took neither her contacts or her glasses is a troubling thing. Does anybody know what her vision is when she is not wearing either?
The one thing that does scare me is that Morgantown has such easy interstate access. A predator could have exited the highway, happened across her, and been back on the highway in a matter of moments. Morgantown is also very close to state lines....so she could have been in another state before anybody really knew she was missing.
I will reread the posts after I have had some rest.....but a family upset over a missing poster being on FB ....that just sounds to bizarre to me.....I am not making any accusations.....I am just asking if those facts are correct?

I just read these posts, as a member of a family that has had a sibling missing for almost 41 years.....I am horribly upset. To begin with I live in WV and had not even heard of this case until now. That sets off all kinds of bells and whistles for me. Even now....as long as my sister has been gone.....we do anything and everything we can to get her information out there at any given opportunity. I can't imagine why there is such a lack of publicity on this case.
I am also confused by an earlier post that states She had 3 cell phones shut off.....what on earth is a 16 yr old doing with that many active cell phones? I have to wonder if there is anything hidden in those closed accounts that could lead to her whereabouts?
The fact that she took neither her contacts or her glasses is a troubling thing. Does anybody know what her vision is when she is not wearing either?
The one thing that does scare me is that Morgantown has such easy interstate access. A predator could have exited the highway, happened across her, and been back on the highway in a matter of moments. Morgantown is also very close to state lines....so she could have been in another state before anybody really knew she was missing.
I will reread the posts after I have had some rest.....but a family upset over a missing poster being on FB ....that just sounds to bizarre to me.....I am not making any accusations.....I am just asking if those facts are correct?

The cellphones thing isn't that strange. Many of my friends and acquaintances have more than one phone, usually to communicate with friends who use different providers or just because. Over here, some shops offer you bonuses if you hand in your old phone depending on which provider you're with but not all do and sometimes it doesn't matter enough so people end up with more than one phone. I myself have two because I use one as my main phone and another as a second phone I can use if the first one breaks or runs out of battery. This all makes even more sense if she's using prepaid I don't know if it would work similarly for someone on contract.

Maybe she sees ok without glasses or contacts? If I were to run away I would take mine for sure but my sight is not too bad without them. I agree this sounds strange to me and probably means that she never intended to stay away for a very long time. I don't mind going out without mine but if I wanted to go somewhere for longer than a few hours I would take them. So I don't know. Could she have a spare pair nobody knew about if she was planning this? I read before that some of her phone bills were going unpaid despite the fact that she had a job so maybe she was using her money to plan an escape. I hope she's safe somewhere and nothing happened to her. :S

So after becoming knee deep in Twitter posts, I'm in my early 20s and don't understand what half of these things mean on there, I located this website.

http://twtrland.com/profile/hiighasthe_sky

This website basically makes her twitter a lot easier for my to understand and nine months ago she makes a comment, "contacts hurt so bad when my eyes are tired. too bad my glasses are in two pieces." This could explain why her glasses were left behind. Her parents say her contacts are still at home, but I can't even tell you how many boxes of contacts I have for each eye right now, let alone someone else.

This website also tells you who she replies to most, S_XX and CMCE. I made the mistake of trying to synchronize S_XX page because it says she has not posted in over two months. Once I did that it hid the page and now says itsa hidden profile. CMCE has some interesting posts about wanting to tell the world the whole story back on October 20th. Also she acts like she misses Skylar for like a week then never directly talks about it again, it doesn't seem normal.

Sorry if you have been referring to these two by a different name, I'll try to figure out who's who later.

A Tarot reading?! Could you offer more insight as to why you're saying that and who asked for the reading? I'm really intrigued. To the best of my knowledge, Tarot is much better at providing readings about abstract concepts than specific locations. Although some cards can refer to concrete things like people's appearances, I've always heard that reading like that was less accurate since it shutted down most of the meanings the cards can have. It's the difference between getting the Queen of Swords in a reading and reading it as someone who is persuasive, knowledgeable, and so on (or applying this to a happening and not a person) versus an adult woman with dark hair.

Here's the tarot reading..

http://empathysinsights.blogspot.com/2012/09/skylar-neese.html

So after becoming knee deep in Twitter posts, I'm in my early 20s and don't understand what half of these things mean on there, I located this website.

http://twtrland.com/profile/hiighasthe_sky

This website basically makes her twitter a lot easier for my to understand and nine months ago she makes a comment, "contacts hurt so bad when my eyes are tired. too bad my glasses are in two pieces." This could explain why her glasses were left behind. Her parents say her contacts are still at home, but I can't even tell you how many boxes of contacts I have for each eye right now, let alone someone else.

This website also tells you who she replies to most, S_XX and CMCE. I made the mistake of trying to synchronize S_XX page because it says she has not posted in over two months. Once I did that it hid the page and now says itsa hidden profile. CMCE has some interesting posts about wanting to tell the world the whole story back on October 20th. Also she acts like she misses Skylar for like a week then never directly talks about it again, it doesn't seem normal.

Sorry if you have been referring to these two by a different name, I'll try to figure out who's who later.

How do you see all of her tweets on there, all this shows me is tweets that were retweeted by other people so are "popular" and plains tweets. Try as I might I can't see all of her tweets on the site you linked?

The site gets the data you entered from twitter and most likely does not update it constantly. Probably her friend had a public twitter the last time that site updated and when you tried to sync to find something new it found out that meanwhile she protected her twitter.

Thanks for the Tarot link by the way. As I said I have some skepticism about it but who knows, really. It's interesting.

How do you see all of her tweets on there, all this shows me is tweets that were retweeted by other people so are "popular" and plains tweets. Try as I might I can't see all of her tweets on the site you linked?

I couldn't see all of her tweets on there so I had to dig though twitter. I mainly used that link to see who she replied to her tweets the most.

I couldn't see all of her tweets on there so I had to dig though twitter. I mainly used that link to see who she replied to her tweets the most.

Ha, cool. Thanks!

I am also confused by an earlier post that states She had 3 cell phones shut off.....what on earth is a 16 yr old doing with that many active cell phones?

There's almost NO publicity about the case here in town. I have never heard it brought it up in conversation, seen a poster, or heard a peep about it on the news (which I don't watch regularly). I do listen to local news radio almost every day and I have only heard the case mentioned once, and briefly, since the initial news of the disappearance last summer.

All of the "local buzz" people are reading is coming directly from people who know Skylar and her family in some way. No one else would be interested because no one else would know about it. It's definitely not a "town tragedy" in the sense of something that's splashed all over the media - there's little to no general awareness of her disappearance.

Hi guest!.. Please join websleuths and join in the discussion! Where is Skylar?

BBM

Yes this is correct. It was posted on her Mom's FB page and she was very angry the missing poster was circulating without her approval.

jmo

So a certain facebook status that was liked by Skylar's mother and posted by D.C. a few days ago read and I quote, "So you accuse me of killing your friend and in reality it was you... Don't you feel awesome". This status I saw with my own eyes last night, but it has since been removed. There are rumors and I say again RUMORS, that one of the friends confessed and has been or is now in Chestnut Ridge.

I too saw the status from D.C . SE would hang out with him a lot in blacksville ( an area where there aren't really police around very easy to party and access drugs ) if you look at green county news there has been a second body found and in one article I read that the northern wv police have gotten involved . These poor parents need closure and skylar needs justice!!!!!

I heard the friend confessed while she was in chestnut ridge but I looked on her twitter and she's talking about her boyfriend and how these "rumors" are destroying everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member