GUILTY WV - Skylar Neese, 16, Star City, 6 July 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:seeya:
You certainly wouldn't joyride in Star City. Period. That's like speedboating in a community pool. Star City is so tiny and there's nothing to do there, and it's full of stoplights and traffic moving towards the highway.

They should have thought of a more reasonable story! Even if they just wanted to get high in the car and drive around, Star City would not be the place. It's right down the road from the police station..

I think you're right about them going to Blacksville to party!
exactly star city has nothing except town center and state police and I know for a fact these girls went to parties in blacksville with dc I just wonder who all was really involved , these teenagers weren't as slick with their story and they didn't "pull it off" they just know their way around the rural area and almost every teenager is considered a runaway now. I can't believe they're innocent a.) because they aren't showing any emotions that a normal person would in this situation and b.) they never acted concerned about skylars whereabouts from the minute she went missing

I keep crossing my fingers when I come to this thread that there has been an arrest! I hope the guilty party(ies) are quaking the glitter off their boots.

Justice for Skylar Neese!

For this thread to be moving so slowly, there sure are a lot of guests each time I check it.. please sign up and join us!

If somebody was going to be arrested on the " strength" of rumor it would've happened! They know alot more behind the scenes and these girls were the last people with her alive ! The original story they told LE was SE RS and skylar went "joy riding " around star city for an hour, let me ask is star city really a place to joyride? All there is is the university town center and everything would have been closed! Second I find it really suspicious the last surveillance tape from sheets is right beside the road you take to blacksville !!! So let me ask do you think these girls went for a little innocent joyride around star city for a whole hour or did they go to blacksville and party where SE is familiar with the area, let me remind you skylar was found 5 miles from blacksville

That's not really what I'm trying to say when I ask these questions. I'm certainly not trying to imply that I believe these girls are necessarily innocent or being persecuted. I agree with you that their story is suspicious. What I am trying to point out is that it makes sense that there haven't been any arrests yet because you can't arrest people on the "strength" of rumors. We can be as convinced of their guilt as we please- we are not in the place where we have to prove motive, find evidence, and make an arrest stick like LE is. All we have as bystanders is rumors and speculation, even if those rumors and speculation appear to add up to a substantive case. That's all I'm trying to say, because I think the thread is more useful as a place where people ask questions rather than a bunch of people agreeing that some people should be arrested. We all agree that justice for Skylar is necessary, I think it's also necessary to think about what is impeding that, that's all.

For this thread to be moving so slowly, there sure are a lot of guests each time I check it.. please sign up and join us!

I'm not really a guest to the site, but I am a guest to this thread (meaning I've never posted here). I haven't followed Skylar's case since the beginning. I first read here on the day her body was identified. I did go back and read all posts and have caught up with some of the social media as well.

I don't know what to think. My opinions are practically split in half. I don't want to believe these friends of Skylar could commit a crime such as this. I'm only in my early 20s and these girls look SO YOUNG! And innocent! But from reading here and on Twitter, etc. it seems that isn't the case. I just don't know.

:banghead:

MOO.

I guess I have been watching true crime TV for too long, as I can easily see teenage girls being the culprits here. They are a species all their own, IMO, and can probably be "meaner" than any other age group or sex.

I'm not so familiar with this case but I did call an AP writer I know out of Pennsylvania who told me that the case would likely break with two weeks. Rumors that people have talked in Pennsylvania are swirling about and "there is a likelihood that one or more persons have talked with the feds," leads this reporter to believe arrests are imminent.

Great political pressure has been brought to bear here in Charleston in the legislature; the state police and the FBI have "pretty much snatched the case from Star City PD due to 'mishandling at the outset.'" Again, these statements are the opinion of a reporter whose opinion I trust.

I have no details at all to add to this; but Skylar's Law will be signed by Earl Ray.

I guess I have been watching true crime TV for too long, as I can easily see teenage girls being the culprits here. They are a species all their own, IMO, and can probably be "meaner" than any other age group or sex.

The following is all just my own opinion...

I wouldn't discount the possibility of the girls having been directly involved with the actual murder (if there was one...) and there are rumors about at least one girl physically contributing to the murder of Skylar. However, I lean towards thinking the girls led Skylar into a situation where she would be harmed and that there was at least one male involved. I don't think the girls acted alone if there was a murder committed. These girls hang out with some shady guys and if there is truth to the rumor about the Blacksville robberies connection, it would make sense that there would be at least one male involved.

The other rumored scenario which is being floated around is that Skylar OD'd and someone panicked and hid the body. That makes the least sense to me. First of all, it seems like Skylar was just into pot. There's always the possibility that she decided to try something stronger that night and it ended up being fatal, but would these kids seriously dump her body in the woods and lie for months if Skylar had caused her own death? Of course it would associate the girls with hard drug use (which they probably would already be Tweeting about anyway, as they love to Tweet about drinking and pot) but is that worth risking being investigated for murder and lying to police? The only way I could buy the accidental OD theory is if these kids were really stupid enough to believe they could really just make it "go away" by hiding the body instead of contacting 911 that night - and while these people might not be the brightest, that seems like a stretch to me.

And as a side note, for one of the girls involved to have been crying with Skylar's mom for days after the disappearance (as was described in the mom's Facebook post) and putting on a big act like that rings as pretty psychotic to me. It would take a depraved mind to be able to watch a mother unravel like that and continue to lie to her face, feeling no compulsion to tell her or police what happened and give this family some form of relief. IMO if someone can do that, they are capable of even darker things.

Of course, anything is possible, but either way, crimes have been committed and someone is responsible.

I tend to agree. I always think back to the Elizabeth Olten case. What a horrific tragedy. I think I just don't want to believe it.

If persons involved were granted immunity, there wouldn't be an arrest would there?

If persons involved were granted immunity, there wouldn't be an arrest would there?

Well no one would get immunity unless they told something about someone else, so there should still be arrests coming, if true, in fact especially if true about any deals.

I check here every day for news of an arrest or two...hope it's coming soon.

Skylars law has moved forward to the full body. It will be passed soon. I hope the people working on Skylars case bring her justice.

^^^^^^ There is absolutely no doubt this bill will pass and be signed by law. I wish you could have seen the tears in the eyes of many of the members of the House of Delegates and the Senate when her father spoke. Earl Ray will sign this bill into law and there is no doubt about that.

It took me some time to read through this entire thread. Having done so, and after talking to an AP reporter out of Pennsylvania, I believe this young woman got into a car with someone she trusted and was killed that night although it is only my speculation and none of us here are certain of the facts. But what I did hear from the reporter was that one or more people have now talked with the feds and PSP and the WVSP.

And I think we'll see indictments and arrests coming within ten business days. Again, that is just an WAG based on what the reporter and another person told me.

^^^^^^ There is absolutely no doubt this bill will pass and be signed by law. I wish you could have seen the tears in the eyes of many of the members of the House of Delegates and the Senate when her father spoke. Earl Ray will sign this bill into law and there is no doubt about that.

It took me some time to read through this entire thread. Having done so, and after talking to an AP reporter out of Pennsylvania, I believe this young woman got into a car with someone she trusted and was killed that night although it is only my speculation and none of us here are certain of the facts. But what I did hear from the reporter was that one or more people have now talked with the feds and PSP and the WVSP.

And I think we'll see indictments and arrests coming within ten business days. Again, that is just an WAG based on what the reporter and another person told me.

Hope this is true! Thanks for updating all who wait and check this thread.

I am glad it is being passed, but I doubt Skylar would have been helped by early alerts. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member