GUILTY WV - Skylar Neese, 16, Star City, 6 July 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a tweet from SA saying if he is arrested she will kill them. Idk if its her boyfriend or someone else? If so then it sounds like a recent arrest. Also someone was mocking her almost by insinuating that she was mad because her bf was in prison.

Also, I lost a lot of brain cells going through these girls twitters last night. Geez.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw a screen cap of that tweet, but it's been so long I can't remember when she twitted it. Please don't make me go back and find it. If I could get high by just reading, I still be stoned today. lol

Finally, justice for Skylar.

What a sick, sick world we live in today.

I read that the hearing for the second girl will be the 15th. Just rumor at this point since its on a site I can't link. Hope it's true!

Pretty sad state of affairs. Poor Skylar is just teen who has or will be killed over some nonsense that we used to deal with by just not speaking to our friend at school the next day.

I don't even have children yet, but following this case and reading the kids' Twitter pages makes me absolutely terrified to one day have teens.

The second girl that was arrested---she was joking about the killing on twitter--talking about ' going on the count of three-that was good planning. lol' https://twitter.com/_sheliiaa
Just to be clear, there is no evidence that tweet was referencing the killing. It was from many months later. It has gotten picked up and associated with the act, but that tweet clearly involved another person and that person hasn't been connected with the crime in any way.

So we have page 2 and 3. Assuming that page 1 was the cover page, 4 and 5 must be about the juvenile. Sorry I haven't had a chance to read lately but do we have an idea of why they're publicly announcing RS but not the other friend?

So we have page 2 and 3. Assuming that page 1 was the cover page, 4 and 5 must be about the juvenile. Sorry I haven't had a chance to read lately but do we have an idea of why they're publicly announcing RS but not the other friend?

Because Rachel is being tried as an adult and the other one is still juvi status and from what I've been reading will have a hearing tomorrow. So she may be tried as an adult. Don't know yet. jmo

WOW... I just spent the better part of the afternoon on Topix reading the forums about this case. I feel like I need a lobotomy.... talk about losing brain cells!!!! It's like a train wreck... you just can't look away!!

I am STUNNED by this case. I remember reading about Skylar when she first went missing. I lost track due to so many missing cases. I have a hard time keeping them all straight. But this wasn't what I was expecting. I am trying to understand what makes one kill their best friend! I realize violence has been a part of humans since the beginning of time but when children do it, it leaves me shocked. What makes me even sicker, is that they tweeted things like where is Skylar. And then tweeted rude, mundane things. Makes me think we are dealing with psychopaths. It is shocking to see it between friends this young.

Article in today's paper. the Dominion Post.
Rachel Shoaf told police that she and another juvenile planned and conspired in the murder of Skylar Neese, according to a court transcript from
Shoaf ’s May 1 plea hearing. That transcript quotes Monongalia County Prosecuting Attorney Marcia Ashdown as saying,“... at a planned and
agreed upon moment,[Shoaf] and the other juvenile attacked
and stabbed Skylar to death, and they left her there.” The Dominion Post obtained a copy of the transcript Wednesday. The media had not been notified of Shoaf’s plea hearing, which began as a juvenile proceeding
but, at Shoaf ’s and her attorney’s consent, was transferred to adult
status. The adult part of the hearing is public record. Shoaf, 16 — one of Skylar’s closest friends and a former University High School student —
pleaded guilty to second-degree murder during the hearing.
A second teen has been charged as a juvenile in the case, and, as
such, no information in her proceedings has been made public. It is possible
that her case could be also transferred to adult status if ordered by a
judge or if, like Shoaf, she consents to the transfer. According to the transcript, Circuit Judge Russell Clawges said that, after reading information
provided with Shoaf’s case, he felt that the state could’ve charged Shoaf with
first-degree murder. He wanted to make sure that Shoaf ’s plea agreement was OK with Skylar’s family. Ashdown replied that the family was OK with the
agreement and noted that the agreement was recognition of Shoaf ’s assistance in the investigation, which resulted in the recovery of
Skylar’s remains. During Shoaf’s plea hearing, Ashdown briefed
the court of the state’s evidence in the case. According to the transcript,
Ashdown said Shoaf told police that she and the other juvenile planned to kill Skylar and carried out the plan July 6 the date Skylar was last seen alive.
Ashdown said it wasn’t until Jan. 3 that Shoaf agreed to give information
to police.“I think police who nwere involved in the front lines of that interview and that part of the investigation were stunned at Rachel Shoaf’s confession,” Ashdown said in the transcript.“She confessed
to a plan and conspiracy with another juvenile to kill Skylar Neese.
A plan carried out.” Ashdown outlined Shoaf ’s statement to police.
She said Shoaf said she and the other juvenile picked up Skylar in a vehicle
belonging to the other juvenile just after midnight July 6. Skylar had planned
to meet them outside. Ashdown said they drove to Pennsylvania.
“They got out of the car along the way on a road there and were socializing
in some degree, and, at a planned and agreed upon moment,
[Shoaf] and the other juvenile attacked and stabbed Skylar to death,
and they left her there,” the prosecutor said. Ashdown said Shoaf
and the other teen attempted to bury Skylar or thought that they
would be able to bury her but couldn’t. They covered her with branches
and left her along the road, she said. She does not say specifically where
Skylar was killed or where she was left. Clawges asked Shoaf if
Ashdown’s summary of her statement was correct and Shoaf replied,
“Yes, sir.” Ashdown said during the hearing that a small amount of Skylar’s blood was found on the vehicle. Ashdown also said that witnesses have recently come forward to say that they had heard “this kind of conversation” going on between Shoaf and the other juvenile. The witnesses said they thought it was just a joke, but “only later decided and believed it was all too true and all
too prophetic,” Ashdown said. Investigators were able to locate Skylar’s remains because Shoaf told them where the remains would
be found, Ashdown said. According to the coroner’s office in Greene
County, Pa., Skylar’s remains were found Jan. 16, off Morris Run Road in
Wayne Township, Pa. FBI testing confirmed that the remains were
Sk ylar’s and, in March, federal authorities released that information to
the public. Some juvenile hearings were held Wednesday in Monongalia County Circuit Court, but Ashdown said she could not confirm that any of those hearings were held in connection with Skylar’s case because state code prevents her from discussing juvenile matters. Ashdown has told The
Dominion Post, however,that her office would release more information
on the juvenile charged in Skylar’s case if that juvenile’s case is transferred
to adult status. If that occurs, proceedings would be open to the public.
According to Shoaf ’s transcript, Clawges ordered Shoaf to undergo
a diagnosis and classification evaluation, which lasts up to 60 days
and is common in high-profile cases. She will be sentenced after that occurs and could face anywhere from 10 to 40 years, per state code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Littlebit62