GUILTY WV - Skylar Neese, 16, Star City, 6 July 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So police were surprised by confession? Then why did RS confess if she was under the radar? I don't believe she has a conscience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So police were surprised by confession? Then why did RS confess if she was under the radar? I don't believe she has a conscience.

Possibly fear? Paranoia? Fear of her accomplice?

So sad and disturbing, this case. :(

I don't think they meant that they were stunned that RS (and presumably SE) were involved. I think they were saying that the account of what happened was stunning. That these two girls planned and systematically committed a very cold-blooded murder is pretty shocking. Whether they are good people or not, it's surprising when a 16 year old child admits to planning and carrying out such a terrible act, especially on a "friend."

Interesting that they confirmed Shoaf led them to Skylar's remains as has been long suspected. Shoaf apparently confessed to murder in January and was free until May. If I was her, I'd have been very afraid of SE during that time.

I wonder when the blood was found on SE's car. It's crazy that she knew they tested her car and was still arrogant enough to think she wouldn't be caught.

One thing is for sure, this is only going to get more shocking and interesting as more details come out.

Going through SE's Twitter again. Per the news reports, RS confessed on 1/2/13, on 1/3/13, SE tweeted a photo of she and RS together, smiling and happy. Interesting to see that the day after RS's confession to police she's hanging out with her accomplice.

Also interesting, SE doesn't use RS's twitter name in a single tweet after 1/14/13.

I noticed that too that there was no mention of RS in her tweets after that. I do wonder how SE took that or if she knew it was going to happen. Maybe RS wasn't scared of her because RS is more evil than SE and it was mostly her idea?? Was RS still going to school at the same place SE was after that? I'm surprised there's not more info about fights or something between them!

Possibly fear? Paranoia? Fear of her accomplice?

So sad and disturbing, this case. :(

this is my guess. After a while I can imagine that one girl night fear the other.

One rumor I heard was that, after Shoaf was questioned, she left school and didn't go back. It was said, among the locals, that she was in some sort of "hospital" under "psychiatric care."

From the article linked on the previous page upthread:

That transcript quotes Monongalia County Prosecuting Attorney Marcia Ashdown as saying,“... at a planned and agreed upon moment,[Shoaf] and the other juvenile attacked and stabbed Skylar to death, and they left her there.”

So it looks like SE WAS ,in fact, joking about the murder when she tweeted about the agreed upon moment as being " ...at the count of three." :frown:

ETA:

The second girl that was arrested---she was joking about the killing on twitter--talking about ' going on the count of three-that was good planning. lol'

https://twitter.com/_sheliiaa

One rumor I heard was that, after Shoaf was questioned, she left school and didn't go back. It was said, among the locals, that she was in some sort of "hospital" under "psychiatric care."

I think I remember RS's Twitter talking about a school play she was in after the body was found. I'm not 100% about the date though because she locked and unlocked her account so much there for a bit. There was also a comment on Topix from a poster whose child was in a play with RS. Anyone else remember the timing of this? I wish I'd saved the tweets when her account was unlocked.

From the article linked on the previous page upthread:

That transcript quotes Monongalia County Prosecuting Attorney Marcia Ashdown as saying,“... at a planned and agreed upon moment,[Shoaf] and the other juvenile attacked and stabbed Skylar to death, and they left her there.”

So it looks like SE WAS ,in fact, joking about the murder when she tweeted about the agreed upon moment as being " ...at the count of three." :frown:

ETA:

The second girl that was arrested---she was joking about the killing on twitter--talking about ' going on the count of three-that was good planning. lol'

https://twitter.com/_sheliiaa

I was thinking the same thing. Poor Skylar. :(

Did a little digging tonight and I found some of RS's tweets kept in an archive at this site: http://topsy.com/twitter/_racchh

Not much of interest there, but a few I found posts that I saved. They are as follows:

"officially moving to england after college" on 2/24/13

"don't make a permanent decision for a temporary emotion" This one is tweeted twice. Once on 1/29/13 as a retweet and once on 2/20 without credit for anyone else saying it.

"people can believe whatever they want, i know my truth and god knows my truth and that's all that really matters" on 2/18/13

"getting stuff off your chest is da besttt" on 2/16/13

"yeah, there are plenty of things i regret from my past..but im on a completely new path now and i really wish people could appreciate that" I forgot to copy the date for this one, but it was between 2/16/13 and 2/10/13

"this b_ _ _ _ is not gunna ruin my life all over again -___- " (censored by me) on 2/2/13

Those are the main ones. There are a few more, specifically, a happy birthday for Skylar and a comment about her drama class in Jan (after the confession, which seems to support her being in school at least for a while).

I also found a timeline someone posted on the Topix forum. It is post number 773 on page 38 on the "RS and SE" thread (note: the thread uses the full names):

"July -
1. SE and RS killed Sky
2. July they lied and said they didn't know who's car was on the video tape.
3. Rachel went off to church camp
Aug-Sept
1. It became obvious that they lied and one if them failed a lie detector test. The other one refused to take it.
2. Search warrants were issued
3. Blood found on or in the car. SE's car..
4. It was pretty apparent that sky was murdered and did not run away.
5. Supposedly, SE got a lawyer.
Sept-dec
1. Both girls told not to return to UHS. Probably a safety issue bc police knew they killed Skylar.
2. The girls had a falling out.
2. RS broke down and was in mental Hosp.
3. The girls started letting info slip.
4. RS got a lawyer
January
1. Rs gets out of the MI and decides to fess up.
2. She pretends to be friends with SE to get her plea deal
3. MB supposedly breaks up with RS."

I haven't seen confirmation of these dates, so I can't speak to the accuracy, but it's interesting nonetheless.

I wish they'd hurry up and transfer SE to adult status. I also with WV wasn't so behind in the use of the internet in making court documents public. You can obtain a copy of the transcript of RS's most recent court appearance, but only by going to the courthouse and requesting it. I'd like to read it completely, instead of seeing only the portion that has been published in the press.

Sorry this is such a long post, I guess I'm giving away my total loserdom by doing this on Friday night :)

Article in the Dominion Post Today:

Skylar’s friend: Must be more to suspect’s story
Defended teen arrested as murder suspect

BY BRANDY BRUBAKER
The Dominion Post

Shania Ammons said she’s been harassed by strangers for defending her best friend, but she says that support is over.
Ammons’ friend — a juvenile who has not been identified by authorities — was arrested May 1 in connection with the death of 16-year-old Skylar Neese.
“I’m not standing up for [the girl] and I’m not tearing her down,” Ammons said.“I’m making myself believe it. I don’t want to at all.”
She said she’d like to find out that the allegations against the girl were lies, but she believes that the authorities wo u l d n’t have arrested her if they didn’t have evidence.
Part of that evidence could be the testimony of the girl’s co-defendant and close friend.
Rachel Shoaf, 16, agreed to have her case transferred to adult status and pleaded guilty to second-degree murder May 1 for stabbing Skylar to death.
According to a court transcript, Shoaf told police that she and the unidentified juvenile planned Skylar’s murder.
Part of her plea deal stipulates that she must testify when asked.
Ammons said she doesn’t really know Shoaf.
Ammons said she understands why people assume that the unidentified juvenile told her about her alleged involvement in Skylar’s death, but Ammons said that is not true.
If she had known anything, Ammons said she would’ve reported it to police or Skylar’s parents.
Ammons said she never believed rumors about Shoaf’s and the other girl’s involvement in the case — they were reportedly among the last to have seen Skylar alive.
And her friend, she said, still denied the allegations.
That girl has always maintained that she dropped Skylar off at the end of her street after driving around for a little bit, Ammons said. She told Ammons that Skylar didn’t want her parents to hear the car and catch her sneaking back into her bedroom.
“I believed what she said,” Ammons said.“I asked her multiple, multiple times.”
Ammons said she could not believe the girl had anything to do with Skylar’s disappearance. She could not believe she could’ve led the seemingly normal life she led in the months after Skylar’s disappearance.
The girl is afraid of confrontation and avoids arguments , Ammons said. She never saw her get into a fight. She never showed a violent side, Ammons said.
She described the girl as wimpy and a crier and said she never stood up for herself as kids made murder jokes around her.
As such, Ammons stood up for her when they were together and on Twitter.
She defended her friend against harassers.
Ammons said she never saw any problems between Skylar and the girl, who were best friends since they met at a summer camp in second grade. In fact, Skylar had gone with the girl’s family to the beach in June — something she did just about every year.
Ammons said she had only seen them argue once — over something stupid at a movie theater — and that was about a year ago and was over quickly.
Ammons said she was on her way home from the beach July 7 when the girl contacted her to tell her that Skylar was missing.
Ammons said she didn’t worried at first. She thought Skylar would turn up in a day or two.
Ammons and the girl helped Skylar’s parents look for her.
“I watched [the girl] cry with Mary (Skylar’s mother) in Skylar’s bedroom,” Ammons said.
Shoaf went to church camp a day or two after Skylar disappeared, Ammons said. That made Ammons mad because she thought she should be out helping, too.
She said the unidentified juvenile, at first, often said she was worried she’d get in trouble because she had been the one who dropped Skylar off. She also wanted to know what Ammons thought about who could’ve possibly hurt Skylar, Ammons said.
It didn’t seem odd then, but, looking back, Ammons said it does now.
She also doesn’t understand how Shoaf and the other girl could’ve carried on for months as though nothing had happened.
Another thing stands out now too.
The last time Ammons talked to Skylar — by phone while Ammons was at the beach — Skylar said Ammons was the only one who liked her anymore or wanted to hang out with her. That was in the early morning hours of July 4.
She’ll remember Skylar as outgoing and funny — with the “wo rl d ’s funniest laugh.”
Ammons said she wants the truth. She doesn’t buy the reason Skylar’s dad said Shoaf told authorities — that they just didn’t want to be Skylar’s friend anymore.
“That’s so ridiculous. The most repulsive thing I’ve ever heard,” she said.“There has to be more to the story.”

I would like to find out what SA thinks about Skylar's last tweet or whom it might be directed to...

Any updates on whether the 2nd girl will be tried as an adult?

No updates yet, though in my opinion it's unreasonable to think she won't be tried as an adult. In WV, if probable cause has been established that a murder has been committed, then the juvenile will be transferred to adult status. As the prosecution has a co-conspirator in custody who will undoubtedly testify against the juvenile, it's only a matter of time until she is transferred to adult status. The hearing may have been pushed back to accommodate the schedules of those involved. Also, we may not hear that she has had her transfer hearing on the day her status changes. An announcement will be made after the hearing which will contain the charges against the second defendant. Once that is done, any proceedings will be a matter of public record.

Why was RS and SE allowed to walk around free when RS confessed in January? Why'd it take so long?

Its just my opinion (of course :)) that LE sent RS "undercover" to get the goods on the accomplice during this time. Which also says to me that they didn't have enough physical evidence to prosecute her without additional help from RS.

Waiting, waiting, waiting for her to be transferred to adult status.

This is sick and horrible. Yeah these girls should get what they deserve, but will they really pay for their crime if they don't even seem to understand what they did wrong? From everything I've seen neither of them seem to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper