WY WY - Carlene Brown, 19, Rawlins, 4 July 1974

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder why he wasn’t added. I thought it was up to the family to have their child put on the database. Carlene’s adoptive family is deceased.

I think could be up to both family & LE. It may be that LE wants Roger in the NCMEC but his family doesn't, I'm just surmising here. Or perhaps neither are aware of NCMEC? Where he went missing is a very rural, small western Maine town.
As for Carlene being absent from NCMEC, maybe LE needs consent from the family, and since her immediate family is deceased, they may not be at liberty to do so.
This is all speculation on my part.
There really is no way to know for sure without reaching out to their case investigators.

I think Carlene has DNA on file because she’s been ruled out by default as 11 UIDs

There was a detective or investigator on her case a few years ago who was trying to track down her biological family to get a DNA sample. We never heard if she were successful in doing so or not.

She may have been. I don’t know if there is a way to contact her though.

There are certain UIDs that are default rule outs like the stafford Jane doe found in 1991 or the Frederick Jane doe found in the mid 90s

Carlene is absent from NCMEC because she was an adult when she disappeared although I have seen that 20 year olds are on NCMEC.

The Doe Network:
Case File 2217DFWY

CarBrown.jpg

Brown, circa 1973

Carlene Brown
Missing since July 4, 1974 from Rawlins, Carbon County, Wyoming
Classification: Non family Abduction

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: January 14, 1955
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 19 years old
    • Height and Weight: 5' to 5'3; 100-120 lbs
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female.
    • Dentals: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Brown was last seen with her friend Christy Gross, age 19, while visiting the Little Britches Rodeo in Rawlins, Wyoming on July 4, 1974.

The skeletal remains of Christy Gross were found on October 27, 1983, three miles south of Sinclair, Wyoming. She had been killed by two heavy blows to the skull.

There were four murders or disappearances of young women within a seven-week period in July and August 1974 in and around the town of Rawlins. Deborah Rae Meyer left a relatives home on August 4, 1974 to see a movie and was never seen again. Ten-year-old Jayleen Banker vanished while visiting the Carbon County Rodeo after being separated from a friend on August 23rd. Her body was later recovered in a field.
Carlene and Deborah have never been located.

The suspect in the 1981 Oklahoma abductions of Cinda Pallett and Charlotte Kinsey, and the 1984 abduction of Sharon Baldeagle was considered a possible suspect in the 1974 cases because he lived in the area and worked in fairs and carnivals like the ones being held at the time. But, no evidence has ever connected him to them.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Carbon County Sheriff's Office
Sheriff Jerry Colson
307-324-2776

Agency Case Number: 12921

NCIC Number: M028734844

Source Information:
Rawlins Daily Times - May 1973
Serial Killer Crime Index
"The Encyclopedia of Unsolved Crimes" by Michael Newton, 2004.
NamUs MP #14488

Return to the Unexplained Disappearances' Index

Questions or comments? Please contact appropriate member of the Area Team

Last Updated: 8/30/2012 - By: BR / Web Assist

The last time her doe network page was updated was 6 years ago. It’s impossible to know if she has DNA on namus because the new update does not allow the Status of her DNA to be shown. It’s definitely possible.

upload_2018-9-9_12-49-28.jpeg
Carlene brown. I’ve emailed this to Meaghan as well.

I’ve noticed that Carlene is not in the 1969 Rawlins high school yearbook. She would’ve been a freshman so maybe she moved to Wyoming in 1970. Her adoptive parents were divorced so it’s possible that Carlene lived in Colorado and Wyoming and switched every few years for custody reasons.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulani03
Back