WY WY - Cian McLaughlin, 27, hiker, Grand Teton National Park, Jackson, 8 Jun 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

New post from the park, but it starts with “no new information has been reported.” I’m surprised they posted again given how these cases are usually handled. Not that he doesn’t deserve it, but the parks are notoriously quick to move on. Makes me wonder if there’s something they know but can’t share — I’m probably reading way too much into it.

Something just seems so strange. These trails aren’t desolate, and he seemed to be headed back to his car. He was experienced, not only at hiking, but at hiking these trails. None of this is what we typically see.
He seemed to be headed back to the car?

PHOTOS: Wyoming launches new missing persons database, listing 71 cases dating back to 1974

Missing Person, June 8, 2021, Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming: Cian John McLaughlin, 27, was last heard from on June 8, 2021 in Teton County, Wyoming. Cian is a white male, approximately 6’0″, 180 pounds, with brown hair and eyes. His cell phone was last pinged on the Teton Park Road near Cottonwood Creek. He is known to hike the String Lake and Taggart Lake areas. Cian was recently diagnosed with a medical condition that requires treatments. Anyone with information or contact with Cian is requested to contact the Teton National Park at (307) 739-3301 or the Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigation at (307) 777-7181.
He was diagnosed with a medical condition that requires treatments, I didn’t realize this. I wonder how serious it was.

He seemed to be headed back to the car?
To me it would appear he was still headed away from where his car was parked. Parked at Lupine Meadows Trailhead and last seen heading south towards Taggart Lake....trail seems to be going away from his car's location, unless there is some sort of loop he could have been on.

Google Maps

Mother leading search for missing son | NewsNation Now

“My hope is … yeah, it’s not a rescue, it’s a recovery, but I’d like to bring him home,” McLaughlin said. “He’s up there somewhere.”

Members of his family and friends are combing through the mountains in hopes of finding some sign of him.

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

Cian McLaughlin has been missing in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming since June 8th. His mother Grainne is here from Ireland -- and she is on a mission to find her only son. She is hiking the trails everyday searching. More tonight on
@NewsNationNow
. #MissingInAmerica

I hope that BE putting it on NewsNation will bring more publicity so that this man can be found. I wish there were more people helping his mother find her son. I understand the LE having to pull back on resources, but I wish there was a way she could get help somehow.

I presume that Cian likely had an accidental fall. Generally speaking, just how big is the area in which he was last seen? Is it just a matter of more searches in the area? Different people to search? A new method or way that can be used now that couldn't be done in June?

Is it possible that he's in a completely different area that they haven't searched?

Honestly, I'm not sure.

Cian McLaughlin's mother Grainne is back out hiking and searching for her son today. He was last seen June 8th in Grand Teton National Park. She is hoping someone has pictures or video of him from that day. Grainne wants to bring her son home to Ireland.

Grainne was told this is no longer a rescue mission -- but a recovery mission. She recognizes that -- but needs closure. If you have any information... National Park Service Investigative Services Branch: 888-653-0009 Email: nps_isb@nps.gov or: bringcianhome@gmail.com

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1454466939972202501

Time to stop searching. Weather is going to kick in. Snow time. Searching is going to be over for the season.

I’m a bit confused. Did something happen recently to drive a search and recovery operation at this time, instead of earlier this fall? When there were weeks of decent weather instead of just days?

I’m a bit confused. Did something happen recently to drive a search and recovery operation at this time, instead of earlier this fall? When there were weeks of decent weather instead of just days?
Not positive about her current travels, but appears she live in Ireland and traveled over here in June, when he first went missing. Perhaps the late date for searching is travel related....or related to the cessation of officials now that winter is approaching. JMO

Mother of missing hiker Cian McLaughlin makes appeal

Not positive about her current travels, but appears she live in Ireland and traveled over here in June, when he first went missing. Perhaps the late date for searching is travel related....or related to the cessation of officials now that winter is approaching. JMO

Mother of missing hiker Cian McLaughlin makes appeal
Yes she travelled over in June initially to help search but has returned now as they are redoubling their efforts to try to recover him before snowfall makes it impossible for this year.

'Resilient & strong' mother of missing hiker Cian McLaughlin returns to America

His family and friends’ #FINDCian campaign issued an urgent new appeal earlier this month seeking any information amid concerns about the effect the approaching winter will have on the search.

Yes she travelled over in June initially to help search but has returned now as they are redoubling their efforts to try to recover him before snowfall makes it impossible for this year.

'Resilient & strong' mother of missing hiker Cian McLaughlin returns to America

His family and friends’ #FINDCian campaign issued an urgent new appeal earlier this month seeking any information amid concerns about the effect the approaching winter will have on the search.
Thanks. I was trying to find a link to verify that rather than just inferring it. And I was unable to post any part of the article I linked as "cookies" prevented me from copying any part of it. SAR did comment that they would not close the investigation...only temporarily once the snow begins to fall. But they continue to hunt for items that Cian supposedly had with him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back