Found Deceased WY - Gabby Petito, Grand Teton National Park #86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When was the L's camping trip again? If I recall correctly, the photos had everyone looking happy, and I can't imagine anyone looking happy if they suspected their son or brother of just committing a murder. I could see B faking it, but his family? I really don't think so. But, that's all just JMOO.
Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino told NewsNation reporter Brian Entin that Cassie had visited the family during their trip to a Fort De Soto Park Campground from September 6 through September 8.

I've also seen through 9/7: Brian Laundrie’s sister saw him twice after return to Florida, was camping with him: attorney

Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino told NewsNation reporter Brian Entin that Cassie had visited the family during their trip to a Fort De Soto Park Campground from September 6 through September 8.

I've also seen through 9/7: Brian Laundrie’s sister saw him twice after return to Florida, was camping with him: attorney

I'm pretty sure what I've seen most often from sources that presented complete data is the camping area was rented for the 6th & 7th. So they checked in later in the day on the 6th and checked out at whatever check out time was on the 8th. So some sources say 6-7 because that was the rental time and others say 6-8 because they arrived on the 6th and left on the 8th.

Some of what the FBI released included a lot of lying on BL's part, including sending fake texts between his and GP's phones, fake texts to NS, and fraudulent use of GP's debit cards. There is the possible lying to hitchhiking rides to form an alibi (if he killed her on the 27th), and we also have the notebook "confession" released by SB, which in all likelihood, is more lying.

There is a lot more to the events after Aug. 27th that we do not know, than that we do, especially regarding the L family. We do know that BL returned home on Sept. 1, in the van, alone. How that was explained to his parents, or who blocked the P's calls and fb, and why, is anyone's guess, as is if or when BL told his parents exactly what happened in WY. IMO, he's proven himself a liar and at this point, I haven't seen anything to indisputably prove he didn't lie to his parents, as well. I'm curious what might come to light and how it will all play out.

Some of what the FBI released included a lot of lying on BL's part, including sending fake texts between his and GP's phones, fake texts to NS, and fraudulent use of GP's debit cards. There is the possible lying to hitchhiking rides to form an alibi (if he killed her on the 27th), and we also have the notebook "confession" released by SB, which in all likelihood, is more lying.

There is a lot more to the events after Aug. 27th that we do not know, than that we do, especially regarding the L family. We do know that BL returned home on Sept. 1, in the van, alone. How that was explained to his parents, or who blocked the P's calls and fb, and why, is anyone's guess, as is if or when BL told his parents exactly what happened in WY. IMO, he's proven himself a liar and at this point, I haven't seen anything to indisputably prove he didn't lie to his parents, as well. I'm curious what might come to light and how it will all play out.
My sense is that he was liar of convenience; that he lied (including to his parents) when was it easier and told the truth when it was convenient.

From the outside, it looks like he was emotionally dependent on his parents. Perhaps his bond with them was borne of them having to spend a lot of energy parenting him when he was growing up.

So, all that said, I think he was smart enough to know that he was going to need some help, and in order to get the help, he would have to tell his parents some version of what was going on. He had to have told them *something* that prompted them to engage an attorney. So, I think they knew some version of what had happened, even if it was a version that put him in a better light than what actually happened.

MOO

My sense is that he was liar of convenience; that he lied (including to his parents) when was it easier and told the truth when it was convenient.

From the outside, it looks like he was emotionally dependent on his parents. Perhaps his bond with them was borne of them having to spend a lot of energy parenting him when he was growing up.

So, all that said, I think he was smart enough to know that he was going to need some help, and in order to get the help, he would have to tell his parents some version of what was going on. He had to have told them *something* that prompted them to engage an attorney. So, I think they knew some version of what had happened, even if it was a version that put him in a better light than what actually happened.

MOO
I agree, and it goes along with his letter, which likely had some truth interwoven in it, as well.

MOO

Maybe. I think it's possible BL could have initially spun a yarn that suggested he anticipated legal problems without suggesting GP was dead, much less that he killed her.

And I think we need to keep in mind we don't really know when SB was engaged. The P's claim it was before BL came home but that may not be true. (And SB handled business and real estate legalities for the L's for years apparently so there could have been other reasons the L's might have sent him money early in Sept, assuming they did that.) As we discussed not too long ago on this thread, at one point SB said he became involved "officially" in BL's case on Sept 11th, the day the van was taken away by LE. Using the word "officially" may have been deliberate on SB's part-- I suspect it was-- but certainly utilizing an attorney at that point would have made sense no matter what BL had or hadn't said.

JMO

Just my theory, if it could possibly be proven when the $20,000 landed in Brian's account, ie linked to after when the Laundries may have been told by Brian that Gabby was dead, it would be meaningful imo. And I personally would believe the Petitos beliefs about the date SB was retained over any claims to the contrary. If proof exists of that actual date, again, imo, very significant. Jmo

Just my theory, if it could possibly be proven when the $20,000 landed in Brian's account, ie linked to after when the Laundries may have been told by Brian that Gabby was dead, it would be meaningful imo. And I personally would believe the Petitos beliefs about the date SB was retained over any claims to the contrary. If proof exists of that actual date, again, imo, very significant. Jmo

Without any actual evidence, the only thing I personally find at all suspicious about BL's account is that the amount in the account is supposedly exactly $20K, not $20.1K or $19.9K or some other uneven number. But on the other hand, in an initial inventory most executors/administrators don't have exact figures. There's no way to--- no bank will hand over that info without a letter testamentary.

Others have insisted BL couldn't have any money saved because he never worked. But that's just not true. And he and GP weren't paying rent, and both likely got stimulus payments. So he could have had a "nest egg." NS said she and JP contributed money for the trip--at the beginning AND along the way. I guess it's possible the L's provided trip money and might have given it at any point along the way too. One thing for sure-- the dates money was deposited into that account ARE on record. That info isn't like text messages that may or may not have been retained, depending on the carrier. But I suspect whatever info is there for the bank account the FBI knew about back when BL was still missing.
JMO

I see what you are saying ncwatcher. I agree the records on the bank account ARE on record, and known. I personally believe that is part of the evidence her parents refer to, jmo in addition to SB retainer, and a lot of info we do not know about. And the $20k even amount is of interest to me (and sends flags). As in a specific amount deposited jmo. Administrators know, I agree imo. Iirc the $20k was requested to be split between the Laundrie parents. Quite interesting jmo. Eta I added a comma after "administrators know"

Last edited:
I see what you are saying ncwatcher. I agree the records on the bank account ARE on record, and known. I personally believe that is part of the evidence her parents refer to, jmo in addition to SB retainer, and a lot of info we do not know about. And the $20k even amount is of interest to me (and sends flags). As in a specific amount deposited jmo. Administrators know, I agree imo. Iirc the $20k was requested to be split between the Laundrie parents. Quite interesting jmo. Eta I added a comma after "administrators know"
Not sure what you mean by a request to split the money. I never saw any mention of that except that both applied to be joint administrators, something I did not find unusual. I'll search but do you happen to have a link?

Tomorrow night on 20/20:

Can't tell if that's a new interview with Brian's sister.
I’m watching the 20/20 now. The sister interview part seemed new to me. She was saying she went on the Fort DeSoto camping trip with the family and the topic of Gabby never came up. Just so odd. If I went camping with my family and my brother showed up after having been gone for a few months on a van trip with his fiancée who also lived with my parents, I’d be asking about the trip. And I would be asking where his fiancée was. But that’s just me.

Steeltowngirl I just watched it, I feel for Cassie. I personally do not think she knew anything, and jmo she seemed to love Brian and Gabby, and seems her kids did too, so tragic. Jmo

Not sure what you mean by a request to split the money. I never saw any mention of that except that both applied to be joint administrators, something I did not find unusual. I'll search but do you happen to have a link?
I thought I saw in a court doc that it said $10k each, perhaps I misremember? If anyone has links to Laundrie filing, not in response to Gabby's parents, please post? Sincere apologies if I am misremembering.

If you're secretly helping someone abscond, I don't think you'd put money in their traceable bank account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257