Found Deceased WY - Gabby Petito, Grand Teton National Park #86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The money was to be split between BL's parents because he apparently died intestate (no will), and therefore the money would be evenly split between his closest kin (his parents).

The autopsy report has never been released. The cause of death has, but we don't know why the coroner felt this was the cause of death. There is also a component of "blunt force trauma" which could be anything from a punch to the head, the head hit by a rock, the head pounded against a rock, to being hit by a train (obviously not a cause here). I would find it interesting to compare the various confessions BL apparently made (only one of which was made public) with detailed autopsy findings.
She could still have sustained blunt force trauma as well as the strangulation, but the strangulation is what caused her death.

What You Might Have Missed in the Gabby Petito Autopsy Results​

What an excellent article...

Um, because he's a total a$$hole?

He may have 20K in assets but that doesn't mean it was immediately accessible. He was running from a murder charge.

I’m not sure he had that much forethought.

I’m sure he knew what he did wrong but at that point, I think he just wanted to run away and hoped that it could somehow be fixed, which is likely how he ended up back with his parents.

I doubt if he shared much information with them but was looking for the safety and comfort of his family.

His poor choices destroyed so many lives, including his own family.

Why did he steal 1000.00 or more from Gabby when he had 20,000.00?
A bit selfish....
I don't think we'll ever know unless there's a reason given in writings we've not seen from the notebook or elsewhere. But since it apparently happened during the same time period as the fake texts, it's possible accessing those accts was supposed to have the added benefit of making it look like GP was alive. I also doubt if he did take the money (and I say if only because a warrant isn't proof by itself), he would have considered that he was stealing "from Gabby." After all, he knew she was dead. And we don't know if it was pooled money. I realize that doesn't matter for the charge to be brought but It could have mattered in his thinking.
JMO

Notice that the Laundries, (through their lawyer, but it’s supposed to be their statement,) refer to her, the girl who lived in their home, as Ms Petito. The judge, on the other hand, referred to her as Gabby.
"The judge, on the other hand, referred to her as Gabby." Yes, and it bothers me because it is so very unprofessional.

Yes, and I am haunted by the visual to my belief that the head trauma was simultaneous. Jmo.
But the bottom line is that even if she tripped and fell and hit her head or he hit her with a rock, and she was already injured/dying, he finished her off by strangling her, and he's admitted that he killed her in his deathbed confession. You cannot strangle yourself, therefore it's a homocide. (I guess that he could have hit her with a rock after he strangled her, but they still determined that her cause of death was strangulation). It's not uncommon to have more than one method of death, but usually one is primary.

I think it’s the standard immature/selfish principle of using other people’s money, (parents, friends, anyone’s) as much as possible, and only dipping into your own funds if all else fails.

MOO
Agree 100%. Murder Gabby, steal her money and van, and leave her body out there to decompose and be scavenged, cowardly avoiding her parents desperate anguished pleas, which initially included concerns about him, and depriving them of holding their beloved child and saying goodbye. It's unimaginable torture imo.

But the bottom line is that even if she tripped and fell and hit her head or he hit her with a rock, and she was already injured/dying, he finished her off by strangling her, and he's admitted that he killed her in his deathbed confession. You cannot strangle yourself, therefore it's a homocide. (I guess that he could have hit her with a rock after he strangled her, but they still determined that her cause of death was strangulation). It's not uncommon to have more than one method of death, but usually one is primary.
Absolutely agree with you. Homicide. Regardless of the secondary method. He murdered her. And I do not believe he hit her with a rock.

Why did he steal 1000.00 or more from Gabby when he had 20,000.00?
A bit selfish....
Exactly and his parents should just quit the push-back . Apologize. Begin a healing.
They should reverse the situation in their selfish minds. Their SON strangled someone’s precious daughter. Their SON killed another person —before—he killed himself.
Their —20k SON— committed a crime!
I just think someone appears even more cold and selfish. Wow.

JMO

Exactly and his parents should just quit the push-back . Apologize. Begin a healing.
They should reverse the situation in their selfish minds. Their SON strangled someone’s precious daughter. Their SON killed another person —before—he killed himself.

JMO
Great post. I will never grasp any of it. Wow indeed. :(

JMO
I'm not really sure what you are suggesting the L's have done wrong re: the $20K along with somehow not quitting the "push back."

So far anyway, the L's haven't contested the wrongful death suit and there's no indication that they will. That's where the $20K is in play. The L's filed to administer BL's estate in December, two months after his remains were found. Like it or not, that's what survivors have to do. That was also months before a wrongful death suit was filed.
JMO

I'm not really sure what you are suggesting the L's have done wrong re: the $20K along with somehow not quitting the "push back."

So far anyway, the L's haven't contested the wrongful death suit and there's no indication that they will. That's where the $20K is in play. The L's filed to administer BL's estate in December, two months after his remains were found. Like it or not, that's what survivors have to do. That was also months before a wrongful death suit was filed.
JMO
I can't speak for BeachSky, but apologizing, and donating the money to the Gabby Petito Foundation, would be something at a very minimum I would definitely do. Jmo

JMO
I'm not sure what the "push-back" is either. I see no reason why Nichole Schimdt will not prevail in getting a judgement against Brian Laundrie's estate. JMO.

I can't speak for BeachSky, but apologizing, and donating the money to the Gabby Petito Foundation, would be something at a very minimum I would definitely do. Jmo
Do the Laundrie's have control of BL's estate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper