Found Deceased WY - Gabby Petito, Grand Teton National Park #86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Their actions, and jmo covering his, and their actions towards Gabby's frantic pleading parents warrant at a minimum apology, and much much more jmo. Of course nobody would or could ever blame Gabby. She and her parents and family are the victims of this horrendous crime.
That's a totally different matter. It was my clear impression that what was being discussed was that some wanted an apology from the Ls for BL killing GP. In fact, some posts mentioned the parenting of BL and implied it was faulty with no evidence. Other posts mentioned BL's money, the $20K in his estate, suggesting those funds should go to the GP Foundation. But suddenly it's all about actions alleged in the $100K court case against the L's, not the case against BL's estate? Hmm.
 JMO

But that's a totally different situation. Serial killer of strangers. Not intimate partner violence. And at least in my opinion, true "remorse" can only be experienced for personal actions, not the actions of others. So very different from BL and GP.

So far as I know, what Dahmer's dad said did not focus on taking responsibility for his adult son or blaming his "parenting." Rather he focused on the drugs his ex-wife took during pregnancy with JD as possibly affecting his son. And he said what he said after all court actions were over.

We really don't know why BL did what he did. So I'm not sure why people think the L's should blame themselves. Obviously no one would suggest the P's blame themselves for GP being in the situation with BL.
JMO
No, I have actually heard Dahmer's father apologize for his son's actions. I don't know where the videotape of it exists.

But that's a totally different situation. Serial killer of strangers. Not intimate partner violence. And at least in my opinion, true "remorse" can only be experienced for personal actions, not the actions of others. So very different from BL and GP.

So far as I know, what Dahmer's dad said did not focus on taking responsibility for his adult son or blaming his "parenting." Rather he focused on the drugs his ex-wife took during pregnancy with JD as possibly affecting his son. And he said what he said after all court actions were over.

We really don't know why BL did what he did. So I'm not sure why people think the L's should blame themselves. Obviously no one would suggest the P's blame themselves for GP being in the situation with BL.
JMO

I hope the L's don't blame themselves. Adult children are no longer under a parent's control.

Agree completely. And being sued by the P's makes it even less likely that a private reconciliation of the two families is likely. Lawsuits are not about healing.
The lawsuit is about punishing the Laundrie's for what their son did to Gabby. You can see that in posts on this thread about how they allegedly failed when raising him.

It's not about apologies or saying things that make everyone feel better. JMO.

I prefer to lock up murderers forever no matter how remorseful they may appear. Sympathy for them being remorseful? Not a chance.

I feel that being remorseful is merely a self serving act made by evil people who have taken another persons life. It changes nothing for me. JMO,
I understand your belief. I would try with whatever I could to apologize and express sympathies for their loss and grieving their murdered child at the hands of their son, a
The lawsuit is about punishing the Laundrie's for what their son did to Gabby. You can see that in posts on this thread about how they allegedly failed when raising him.

It's not about apologies or saying things that make everyone feel better. JMO.
It is not limited to that imo, I respectfully disagree, as posted above. Still trying to figure out how to do replies and quotes. Will try harder.

No, I have actually heard Dahmer's father apologize for his son's actions. I don't know where the videotape of it exists.

I have not heard that. All I've ever known about is the kind of "apology" I posted a link for in my earlier post. That JD's dad was sorry for what happened (who wouldn't be?) but he thought pre-natal exposure to certain drugs affected his son. And there's no reason he should take responsibility for JD's actions IMO. I've not seen him do it but JD was an adult when he killed those 17 people.

That's a totally different matter. It was my clear impression that what was being discussed was that some wanted an apology from the Ls for BL killing GP. In fact, some posts mentioned the parenting of BL and implied it was faulty with no evidence. Other posts mentioned BL's money, the $20K in his estate, suggesting those funds should go to the GP Foundation. But suddenly it's all about actions alleged in the $100K court case against the L's, not the case against BL's estate? Hmm.
 JMO
Not totally different imo. It's the totality imo. Our impressions differ.

I understand your belief. I would try with whatever I could to apologize and express sympathies for their loss and grieving their murdered child at the hands of their son, a

It is not limited to that imo, I respectfully disagree, as posted above. Still trying to figure out how to do replies and quotes. Will try harder.
I hope you are never put in a situation where you would feel the need to apologize for something you had no control over.

I know that there are claims that the lawsuit is about finding out exactly when Gabby died and other details. I do not understand how that would make her parents pain any less. JMO.

Not totally different imo. It's the totality imo. Our impressions differ.
I'm sure that's true but what was being discussed was BL's estate, the $20K, why that money wasn't donated, and why the L's hadn't apologized for parenting a killer. Not the other case. So it's kind of bait and switch.

I have not heard that. All I've ever known about is the kind of "apology" I posted a link for in my earlier post. That JD's dad was sorry for what happened (who wouldn't be?) but he thought pre-natal exposure to certain drugs affected his son. And there's no reason he should take responsibility for JD's actions IMO. I've not seen him do it but JD was an adult when he killed those 17 people.agree

I'm sure that's true but what was being discussed was BL's estate, the $20K, why that money wasn't donated, and why the L's hadn't apologized for parenting a killer. Not the other case. So it's kind of bait and switch.
Not to me. Seemed an ongoing discussion about combined issues. And all of the above and more for me. Jmo

I have not heard that. All I've ever known about is the kind of "apology" I posted a link for in my earlier post. That JD's dad was sorry for what happened (who wouldn't be?) but he thought pre-natal exposure to certain drugs affected his son. And there's no reason he should take responsibility for JD's actions IMO. I've not seen him do it but JD was an adult when he killed those 17 people.
Yes, his son was an adult when he committed his murders, and how many murders is not relevant to the point. What is relevant is that he apologized for his sons crimes and took responsibility for his failed upbringing. I respect him immensely for doing that.

I hope you are never put in a situation where you would feel the need to apologize for something you had no control over.

I know that there are claims that the lawsuit is about finding out exactly when Gabby died and other details. I do not understand how that would make her parents pain any less. JMO.
Not about me. But yes, of course, and have, and in this case I hope I would. Perhaps Gabby's parents want to know everything surrounding the murder of their daughter, and with their foundation, try and help it not happen to other people and their loved ones. Admirable goals. If it was me, I would want accountability too. Jmo

Because it's getting answers and accountability, which is the most justice that they can hope for at this point. It does help lessen pain. I'm glad that they are pursuing their lawsuits. I'd be doing the same.

Yes, his son was an adult when he committed his murders, and how many murders is not relevant. What is relevant is that he apologized for his sons crimes and took responsibility for his failed upbringing. I respect him immensely for doing that.
Agree, seems apologizing and owning responsibity is uncommon jmo. Ime.

Bbm That is my thought as well.

Yes, his son was an adult when he committed his murders, and how many murders is not relevant to the point. What is relevant is that he apologized for his sons crimes and took responsibility for his failed upbringing. I respect him immensely for doing that.
The fact that JD killed 17 people is relevant in the sense that we don't know if JD had killed "only" one person his father might not have said anything. And we don't know if there has been fewer victims if reporters would have pressed him for comments. It was a long time ago but I don't recall protestors gathering outside JD's father and stepmother's house. And in the link I posted he seemed to blame more the pharmaceutical industry, his ex-wife for having mental problems, his ex-wife's mental problems for needing drug treatment...

Bbm. I don't think anything would.

I had a family member murdered and I can assure you that you have no idea of what brings comfort or closure until you’ve live through it.

I can’t speak for everyone who’s lost someone special but I would have found no comfort in an apology from anyone other than the person that killed mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper