Found Deceased WY - Gabby Petito, Grand Teton National Park #86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lawyer would have to answer that, not yet imo, but I posted info above.
The Laundrie's don't have the ability to take money from BL's estate. They are not party to the wrongful death suit.

When Nicole Schmidt wins the WD lawsuit she can give it all to the foundation or take some of it to compensate for funeral expenses. JMO.

The Laundrie's don't have the ability to take money from BL's estate. They are not party to the wrongful death suit.

When Nicole Schmidt wins the WD lawsuit she can give it all to the foundation or take some of it to compensate for funeral expenses. JMO.
Really? The doc I read requested 1/2 to each of his parents. IANAL . Having read here for many years, other cases, I do appreciate your insight, wisdom and experience. I pray Nicole wins, and assume she will give it to the foundation, but have no info obv.

Really? The doc I read requested 1/2 to each of his parents. IANAL . Having read here for many years, other cases, I do appreciate your insight, wisdom and experience. I assume Gabby's Mom will give it to the foundation, but have no info obv.
You want them to take money from an estate that they don't have access to. They can't do that. That's all I'm saying. JMO.

You want them to take money from an estate that they don't have access to. They can't do that. That's all I'm saying. JMO.
Ok, I was not at all clear on how that works, thank you for posting, when they do have access I hope they do what I hope posted above. Public apology at a minimum I hope too. Jmo

Ok, I was not at all clear on how that works, thank you for posting, when they do have access I hope they do what I hope posted above. Public apology at a minimum I hope too. Jmo
I'm puzzled at the periodic demands that surface for an apology (public or not.) The L's weren't responsible for what their adult son did. And if for some reason they did apologize, I'm not so sure the reaction wouldn't be "how dare they think an apology will help! That just proves how cold-hearted they are!" Do people think the P's really want to hear an apology for B's actions from his parents? If I were them I wouldn't. So who would be the apology be for?
JMO

Last edited:
I'm puzzled at the periodic demands that surface for an apology (public or not.) The L's weren't responsible for what their adult son did. And if for some reason they did apologize, I'm not so sure the reaction wouldn't be "how dare they think an apology will help! That just proves how cold-hearted they are!" Do people think the P's really want to hear an apology for B's actions from his parents? If I were them I wouldn't. So who would be the apology be for?
JMO
Jeffrey Dahmer's father did that. Took responsibility for his son's actions and apologized to the families of his victims. I would hope that the Laundries would do the same. Their responsibilities were in how they raised him, and whether or not they taught him right from wrong, and accepting responsibility for his actions. And I would want the apology if it was sincere. It shows remorse.

Last edited:
Jeffrey Dahmer's father did that. Took responsibility for his son's actions and apologized to the families of his victims. I would hope that the Laundries would do the same. Their responsibilities were in how they raised him and whether they taught him right from wrong and accepting responsibility for his actions. And I would want the apology if it was sincere. It shows remorse.
Me too, and more. And not just for his actions. For theirs. Jmo. Horrendous case. I can't even describe my pain for Gabby's 4 parents and her entire family and loved ones. United they stand imo. Respect, and deepest sympathies.

Jeffrey Dahmer's father did that. Took responsibility for his son's actions and apologized to the families of his victims. I would hope that the Laundries would do the same. Their responsibilities were in how they raised him and whether they taught him right from wrong and accepting responsibility for his actions. And I would want the apology if it was sincere. It shows remorse.
How do you know that the Laundrie's parenting had anything to do with BL killing Gabby?

JMOI
I don't understand the demand for an apology either.

If Brian was alive today and apologized for killing Gabby would that change how I feel about him and what he did? Not in the least. JMO.

I don't understand the demand for an apology either.

If Brian was alive today and apologized for killing Gabby would that change how I feel about him and what he did? Not in the least. JMO.
I prefer when murderers display genuine remorse as opposed to not being remorseful. It helps. Some people have the ability to forgive them. I wouldn't go that far, but it's something.

But that's a totally different situation. Serial killer of strangers. Not intimate partner violence. And at least in my opinion, true "remorse" can only be experienced for personal actions, not the actions of others. So very different from BL and GP.

So far as I know, what Dahmer's dad said did not focus on taking responsibility for his adult son or blaming his "parenting." Rather he focused on the drugs his ex-wife took during pregnancy with JD as possibly affecting his son. And he said what he said after all court actions were over.

We really don't know why BL did what he did. So I'm not sure why people think the L's should blame themselves. Obviously no one would suggest the P's blame themselves for GP being in the situation with BL.
JMO

I prefer when murderers display genuine remorse as opposed to not being remorseful. It helps. Some people have the ability to forgive them. I wouldn't go that far, but it's something.
I prefer to lock up murderers forever no matter how remorseful they may appear. Sympathy for them being remorseful? Not a chance.

I feel that being remorseful is merely a self serving act made by evil people who have taken another persons life. It changes nothing for me. JMO,

I prefer when murderers display genuine remorse as opposed to not being remorseful. It helps. Some people have the ability to forgive them. I wouldn't go that far, but it's something.me too,mI would

But that's a totally different situation. Serial killer of strangers. Not intimate partner violence. And at least in my opinion, true "remorse" can only be experienced for personal actions, not the actions of others. So very different from BL and GP.

So far as I know, what Dahmer's dad said did not focus on taking responsibility for his adult son or blaming his "parenting." Rather he focused on the drugs his ex-wife took during pregnancy with JD as possibly affecting his son. And he said what he said after all court actions were over.

We really don't know why BL did what he did. So I'm not sure why people think the L's should blame themselves. Obviously no one would suggest the P's blame themselves for GP being in the situation with BL.
JMO
Their actions, and jmo covering his, and their actions towards Gabby's frantic pleading parents warrant at a minimum apology, and much much more jmo. Of course nobody would or could ever blame Gabby. She and her parents and family are the victims of this horrendous crime.

Their actions, and jmo covering his, and their actions towards Gabby's frantic pleading parents warrant at a minimum apology, and much much more jmo. Of course nobody would or could ever blame Gabby. She and her parents and family are the victims of this horrendous crime.
If the Laundrie's apologize to Gabby's parents do you think they would drop the lawsuit against them? I don't. JMO.

JMO

Agree completely. And being sued by the P's makes it even less likely that a private reconciliation of the two families is likely. Lawsuits are not about healing.

Me too, and more. And not just for his actions. For theirs. Jmo. Horrendous case. I can't even describe my pain for Gabby's 4 parents and her entire family and loved ones. United they stand imo. Respect, and deepest sympathies.
The L's have their pain as well. They lost their son.
Both families have suffered deeply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member