Found Deceased WY - Gabby Petito, Grand Teton National Park #88

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry to beat a dead horse but how in the world didn't the surveillance team see Brian leave?
They mistook Roberta for Brian.

After Laundrie returned to Florida without Petito, police saw him drive away from his family home September 13 in his Ford Mustang, Taylor told WINK. Then, two days later, the Mustang returned.

"We thought that we had seen Brian come back into the home," Taylor said.

Police now believe the car had actually been driven back to the home by Laundrie's mother, Roberta Laundrie, Taylor said.

They mistook Roberta for Brian.

After Laundrie returned to Florida without Petito, police saw him drive away from his family home September 13 in his Ford Mustang, Taylor told WINK. Then, two days later, the Mustang returned.

"We thought that we had seen Brian come back into the home," Taylor said.

Police now believe the car had actually been driven back to the home by Laundrie's mother, Roberta Laundrie, Taylor said.

Yeah I don't think that's an ok oops for trained professionals, at least make darn sure? But I make mistakes so maybe it was just tough to see.

#NEW: The attorney representing #GabbyPetito's parents in their civil lawsuit against the Laundries and attorney Steven Bertolino have field their list of exhibits (45 in total) intended for use during the upcoming trial in May.

1707501997723.png1707502021367.png1707502041439.png

Just Now: Court documents reveal what exhibits Steven Bertolino intends to show in his defense at the upcoming #GabbyPetito trial.

PDF Link: https://wfla.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/71/2024/02/DEFENDANT-STEVEN-BERTOLINOS-EXHIBIT-LIST.pdf

Item #19 looks like it may be interesting.

1707502955435.png

This is an email thread between Bertolino and lawyers in Wyoming who he contacted about representing Brian Laundrie. Does the thread mention that this is a murder case? And also, this would have been before Brian even returned home, so who told Bertalino about what Brian did? Did they speak directly or were the parents intermediaries?

I note that a lot of the reporting says that Bertolino was retained on 9/2:
Bertolino — who is based on Long Island — was retained on Sept 2, and instructed the parents to stay silent.
That may be when the representation agreement was signed, but he was clearly involved before then.

"Brian, we love you, which is why we want you to do the right thing and go to the police right now. Tell them what happened. We'll visit, you'll be ok"

This way he might have gotten out and been alive in 25 years. They indirectly contributed to his death.
It looks like once he was home, his parents facilitated him taking his own life. The most selfish parents ever IMO

It looks like once he was home, his parents facilitated him taking his own life. The most selfish parents ever IMO
I agree with you. I think they knew what he was gonna do and they were either okay with it or just accepted it. Either way, they did nothing to help this situation or save their kid. None of this had to happen. The relationship between BL and his mom, at least, just seems a bit odd.

I agree with you. I think they knew what he was gonna do and they were either okay with it or just accepted it. Either way, they did nothing to help this situation or save their kid. None of this had to happen. The relationship between BL and his mom, at least, just seems a bit odd.
I don't believe BL's parents knew BL was suicidal. I don't believe they knew GP was dead because if they did know, BL wouldn't have had to write his confessional suicide letter on his journal.

I will never believe any parent "accepts" that their child is suicidal and does nothing. Over the years, my family has known the families of suicide victims and they have been absolutely devastated.

I've never heard of any parent of a young suicidal adult who does absolutely nothing if they are concerned about suicide. That's quite a leap to make with no evidence. This is a civil trial, not a criminal trial.

JMO

I don't believe BL's parents knew BL was suicidal. I don't believe they knew GP was dead because if they did know, BL wouldn't have had to write his confessional suicide letter on his journal.
The suicide note could have been for people other than his parents...

I will never believe any parent "accepts" that their child is suicidal and does nothing. Over the years, my family has known the families of suicide victims and they have been absolutely devastated.

I've never heard of any parent of a young suicidal adult who does absolutely nothing if they are concerned about suicide. That's quite a leap to make with no evidence. This is a civil trial, not a criminal trial.
Respectfully, I am sorry, but I am having trouble following and was wondering if you would clairfy. Are you saying that parents will always respond to their children being suicidal and help? Or are you speculating BL's parents would have helped if they knew? I personally do not believe BL's parents knew he was suicidal, but believe they should have reasonably known that was possible due to the situation.

Last edited:
  • On September 13, Brian Laundrie drove away from his parents' home in his Mustang and apparently went to a nearby park.
  • Two days later his parents drove to the park, picked up the Mustang and drove it back home.
  • The authorities searched the area for a month and couldn't find Brian. Once the park was reopened to the public, the Laundries were able to find Brian's remains almost immediately.
It may not be 100% proof that his parents knew his intentions. But I don't think it's an unreasonable supposition. Otherwise, why leave him without access to a car? And it does seem like they knew the exact location where his remains would be found.

• On September 13, Brian Laundrie drove away from his parents' home in his Mustang and apparently went to a nearby park.
  • Two days later his parents drove to the park, picked up the Mustang and drove it back home.
  • The authorities searched the area for a month and couldn't find Brian. Once the park was reopened to the public, the Laundries were able to find Brian's remains almost immediately.
It may not be 100% proof that his parents knew his intentions. But I don't think it's an unreasonable supposition. Otherwise, why leave him without access to a car? And it does seem like they knew the exact location where his remains would be found.
They are the luckiest parents in the USA. Fancy being the one's to actually find your sons body, on the entire continental USA, !!... rangers, searchers, police, all looking for Brian. Not a peep but Mum and Dad 'stumbled ' on it. They rode their luck quite a bit , too, because out of the 3143 counties in the USA, and let's narrow it down even further, out of the 23 counties in Wyoming, the Laundries managed to choose a lawyer from the very county their son's former fiancee's body was found, murdered in cold blood!!.. just by luck!! they knew nothing about no murder!! or even a dead fiancee!! ... Howzat!11.......remarkable stuff, really...

I'm still fascinated with this email, I don't remember it.

The email isn't mentioned in the Petito's most recent amended complaint from November. Maybe it was only produced recently as a part of discovery.

pet.jpg

Edit - after thinking about it, I wonder if the email is how they know that BL said Gabby was "gone". I don't believe that the Laundrie's would have admitted that unless there was proof somehow, either in a conversation they had with their lawyer or in the email that Roberta sent.

Last edited:
They are the luckiest parents in the USA. Fancy being the one's to actually find your sons body, on the entire continental USA, !!... rangers, searchers, police, all looking for Brian. Not a peep but Mum and Dad 'stumbled ' on it. They rode their luck quite a bit , too, because out of the 3143 counties in the USA, and let's narrow it down even further, out of the 23 counties in Wyoming, the Laundries managed to choose a lawyer from the very county their son's former fiancee's body was found, murdered in cold blood!!.. just by luck!! they knew nothing about no murder!! or even a dead fiancee!! ... Howzat!11.......remarkable stuff, really...
Exactly! When Dog the Bounty Hunter was sure Brian was somewhere on the Appalachian Trail, IIRC...

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but according to Roberta Laundrie's deposition (pp. 99-100), on August 29th, the date that Brian called his parents to say that Gabby was "gone" and that he needed a lawyer, RL sent an email to BL, telling him to use a Tide Stick to get a stain out of his t-shirt.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234
Back